On this episode of the podcast, I spoke with Austin L. Church. Austin is the author of children’s books and a consultant who loves helping people build businesses around the work that doesn't feel like work to them.
- Why it's a great idea to give credit to others (a funny story)
- Using notecards
- How simplicity is a serious advantage
- Focusing on the right things at the right time
- Proactively ignoring certain things
- Managing complexity
- The importance of focusing and finishing
- Omission vs. elimination
- Why we overestimate what we can do in a day
- Overestimating urgency
- Abstractions and exceptions
- Creating durable plans
- Assigning weight to specific based on the day and bigger goals
- Austin's Website
- Deep Work: Rules for Focused Success in a Distracted World
- Eat That Frog! 21 Great Ways to Stop Procrastinating and Get More Done in Less Time
- FOFI Cards
What is The Productivityist Podcast: A Time Management and Personal Productivity Talk Show?
Hosted by productivity strategist Mike Vardy, The Productivityist Podcast is a weekly show that discusses tips, tools, tactics, and tricks that are designed to help you take your productivity, time management, goals, to do lists, habits, and workflow to new heights - both at work and at home. If you're looking to focus your efforts on getting the right things done and start living the good life, then this weekly conversational podcast – crafted in the tradition of Slate's Working, Back to Work, and HBR IdeaCast – is for you.