In 1971, Richard Nixon declared The War On Drugs. Almost 50 years later, and a war that has cost the US over a trillion dollars, we take a look at the effect that this war has had on society.
Why was it declared, what actually happened, and who are the real winners?
Subtitles, transcript & key vocabulary available at www.leonardoenglish.com
- History of drug use in the United States
- Sherlock Holmes & cocaine
- The prohibition era
- Why was The War on Drugs launched
- Hippies + black community
- What actually happened
- Are drugs harder to buy now?
- Are drugs more expensive now?
- The balloon effect
- Prescription opiates
- The future for the War on Drugs
- Join the Learn English with Podcasts community: www.facebook.com/groups/learnenglishwithpodcasts
What is English Learning for Curious Minds?
Are you looking for a more interesting way to to learn English?
English Learning for Curious Minds is where you can learn English from native speakers while learning fascinating things about the world.
Every episode comes with a transcript & key vocabulary and is spoken at a speed you can understand.
Join listeners from 155 countries and discover the most interesting way to improve your English while expanding your mind.
Find the bonus episodes, transcripts, key vocabulary, and learning materials at www.leonardoenglish.com