In this episode, I had the pleasure of sitting down with Jeff Kofman, CEO, and founder of Trint, who before founding Trint was an Emmy award-winning network television news foreign correspondent and war correspondent with ABC, CBS, and CBC News. I found this talk inspiring in so many ways - how to start a second career in your later years, how being a war journalist puts “bad days” in perspective, and how to be authentic at work and the culture it builds.
- [0:48] - What need does Trint solve beyond transcription?
- [2:45] - How does Trint differ from other transcription services?
- [6:14] - How did you go from being a war journalist to becoming an entrepreneur?
- [14:49] - What have you learned as a war correspondent that you were able to use to become the entrepreneur and CEO you are today?
- [21:09] - What advice would you give someone starting a company who has little experience in entrepreneurship and/or are starting this late in their life?
- [29:02] - How did you determine the average sale price of your platform given it is more than just transcription?
- [33:41] - What are some of the mistakes you made and what advice would you give others?
- [37:13] - Given your background in journalism and interviewing, what have you found to work for good interview questions - that allow you to get to the heart of someone’s motivation?
What is The European Startup Show?
To inspire technology entrepreneurs in Europe with stories and practical strategies from other successful entrepreneurs.
If you are a CEO, founder, or work in sales or marketing, and your company is based in Europe or is looking to expand into Europe, then this podcast is for you.