Wayne: So do you want the good news first or the bad? Bad
Optometrist: You're dying. I'll get my affairs in order.
Dean: Oh, hey.
Tiara: Hi.
Dean: Look at you friends. Welcome to How Are You Now? The podcast where we talk about everything. Letterkenny related from Shorty's chirps to McMurray's Questionable Behavior. We're the toughest podcast, and Letterkenny. And we're here to talk about everything that makes this show AOC Cult Classic.
Tiara: So grab a puppers and get ready for some hicks skids hockey players. And Glen, sometimes. So Tiara, how are you now? Getting you Oh, just, uh, having a lot of fun. So much fun. Fun being busy. Yeah. Well, yeah, a little bit. Yeah. Good. Because of, yeah. Stuff I'm busy with. So yeah. Doing all that's good. That's good. I'm doing, doing all right. I feel very busy and very tired. Oh yeah. I'm not used to that. Well, no, that's not true. I'm used to being tired because I have chronic fatigue syndrome. I'm not used to being tired because I'm working again. Mm-hmm.
Dean: Yeah. So far away from me. I
Awesome: know
Tiara: that's the hardest part of all of this. Like I'm very much used to being able to eat whenever I want, whatever's in my fridge or, or whatever, and doing work whenever my brain is like, capable of doing it. And, um, but I subbed for a couple days this week and it was so absolutely perfect. Like I, I. It felt like I hadn't been gone for two years. Um, and the place where I subbed, they were like, please tell me that
Dean: you're gonna work here. You're gonna be
Tiara: our permanent sub. And I'm like, no, I'm opening up a classroom at another building. And they're like, oh, you're gonna be so good. Thank you. That was my week.
Dean: Making sure you don't leave.
Tiara: Yeah. Yeah. I'm not sure how it all works though, since I was a contract, since I was, um, a travel teacher. Uh, I'm through an agency, so I don't know if that means that next year it'll be the same kind of contract or if the district itself can offer me one or something. So I have to find that out.
Dean: Okay. Damn. Yeah. So one of the things I'm gonna bring up and when we have our guest on, we'll probably talk about that a little bit more, but, um, just to let everybody know right now, coming, uh, mid-May, I think we're gonna have our rehearsal on the 16th, and we're gonna have live on May 23rd, uh, for table for our next table read. Yes. Which will be, we don't fight at weddings, so that's gonna be a lot of fun. Uh, lots of people. Um, I don't know. I
Tiara: don't how many? Too many. I don't know. There's a lot of 'em. I haven't looked at the, at the cast list in a minute. I think I sent one out for that one. That's okay. But
Dean: yeah. Uh, but yeah, we'll have a script at that point in time. I mean, we have a transcript, but it needs to be, it needs to be dolled up. Yeah. Um, but, um, yeah. Um, so yeah. This is the last episode of the season for, yeah, for season 11. So, yeah, cow. So maybe we should, uh, get into it, but I guess a few things to tidy up first, uh, if you hadn't heard the, let's give you in the first, uh, five episodes. We have a new number. It's 5 0 3 4 8 7 27 89, which spells 50 fit party, uh, because I have to always have to look up something the way something is spelled. Uh, and we, uh, we got a, a promo here. Uh, let's see. Make sure I have it on the thing. Where is it? Yeah, there it is. Right there. So let's do this promo and then we'll get into the show.
Tiara: Okay.
Awesome: Sunday's at
Dean: 3:00 AM It's the bus with Hank and
Tiara: Jess on letter. Kenny's own
Awesome: 97.1 CG n
Dean: u. Good. New
Awesome: radio. We're not
Katy: so bad.
Dean: All right, ladies and gentlemen, and those beyond the binary, it is my pleasure to introduce our special guest today. She's a longtime friend of the show and an expert on all things Letterkenny. She has narrated most of our table reads, provided us with scripts, and is the main moderator for the Letterkenny Subreddit. Above all, she is one of the sweetest and most respected members of the Letter County community. So let's give anti awesome, a warm welcome and prepare to be schooled by her letter. Kenny Prowess. Make some noise. You ready to drop some serious wisdom bombs there? Awesome.
Tiara: Only always. Oh my God, I love, I didn't see that before. Professional opinion. Have her, that's so perfect. She has one or two, so perfect. She has one or two. Just one or two.
Dean: Ah, so, uh, what you been
Tiara: up to?
Awesome: Uh, I am in my knit all the things. Era. Oh yeah. I've got a bunch of gifts I am making and, um, expanding
Tiara: my repertoire as far as knitting goes. So I'm picking up
Awesome: some new skills and
Tiara: polishing up some old ones. Very nice. Wait,
Awesome: yeah, I, my husband's been giving me the side eye about how much yarn I have acquired lately. I have to, uh, I have to work through my stash or else, uh, I might be getting
Dean: surf some papers. Well, yeah, you gotta, gotta make sure. Gotta keep everybody happy. Yeah. When husband asked for help, you help him
Tiara: see in my brain, I was going, uh, happy wife, happy life.
Awesome: It's a balance. It's a balance, yes.
Tiara: Yes.
Dean: Just a bit. Just a bit. Um, so yeah, uh, we were just talking about the table reads and Yeah. This one's gonna be a doozy, I think. Yeah.
Awesome: Yeah. Especially with all those cuts from the Mad Libs cold open
Dean: bucket.
Tiara: It'll be scene one, scene two, scene three, scene four, scene fives.
Dean: It's, it's, it's really, yeah, it's
Tiara: funny. Um, I mean, I'm
Awesome: gonna have to establish where each of them are, but then I think I'm just gonna write out Cut, cut, cut, cut, cut, cut,
Katy: cut, cut.
Dean: Otherwise,
Awesome: otherwise, I'm just gonna be talking the entire time and nobody else is ever gonna say
Tiara: anything.
Dean: Yeah. I mean, if we're, yeah, if we were sa it would be the same thing with this episode, uh, for the very end. Yeah. So, mm-hmm. Yeah. So I will be kind of taking your part on that as so I go through the recap. Yes. So, uh, but yeah, last week we had our, our good bud, David Mack, who, uh, is writing, has written the script that's coming after we fight at, we don't fight at weddings. Mm-hmm. Um, but yeah, we had him on for Influenzas last week, which was a blast. Um, Yeah, the, uh, it was k as, as he kinda said, it was, it was not the most important of episodes, but it, you know, did have the beginning of the Jn Pete stuff. Uh,
Tiara: I mean, I would argue
Awesome: that the Jn Pete storyline started
Tiara: in
Dean: Yeah, lost the Lost dog. Yeah. But then it really, I mean, it picked up, this is like really where it picked up. I mean, could, had they, had, they just done the Lost Dog and him, them kick, uh, Katy kicking him in the nuts. That could have easily been it, but then they, right, they, so then they, I think with Influenzas, they d decided to build that story up and then complete it. Uh, and, and, and what's going on today. So, uh, so let me quickly go through, um, The episode here, uh, season 11, episode six, our deep dive into Degens. Uh, Wayne d and Squirly Dan are having a chat about smoking darts and their enjoyment of them. They discuss how many, uh, how some people try to tell 'em not to, that smoking darts is bad for 'em and how they shouldn't, should not like it. And, uh, but they don't agree with that sentiment. Uh, they reminisce about some of the great darts they've had over the years, including the first dart Dare you ever had after Sex. Uh, they almo they also talk about the context in which they've enjoyed these darts and how it can, uh, it can fl influence their experience. The scene ends with Wayne reflecting on the fact that people should not judge others for enjoying something that they themselves may not like. Uh, from there, we, uh, scene one, uh, we're in the, uh, the kitchen and the group is discuss discussing Jive and Pete and his work performance. You're late bud.
Katy: You're late, bud. You're
Dean: late bud. Bill. Hate to kill a man. It's fucking barley. So that was a little quick cutaway to, uh, Wayne's mind of everything that's gone on with Jive and Pete, uh, dairy then admits he wouldn't have hired him in the first place. The conversation then turns to Katy's new doc, Martins with the boys, making her, uh, fun of her for being that guy, making, uh, suggestions that she's trying to start a punk band, uh, what have you. Katy defends her fashion show stating that doc docs are timeless, never go out of style. Katy does agree that one time she was trying to be that guy. I mean, it's like the time I wanted to get cat eye glasses, but I didn't wanna be that guy. Same with bangs.
Katy: Oh my God. Should I get bangs? Yes, yes, yes. You should get bangs. It's not the right time. Dudes don't get bangs. Wayne New Bang
Dean: Wayne does.
Tiara: Wayne definitely
Awesome: does.
Tiara: No, Katy cuts his hair. It's
Dean: the conversation then turns to Wayne squinting. And, uh, Katy insists that he needs to go see the optometrist, which Dan calls the opt myth. Uh, Wayne brushes off the suggested and, and continues to make fun of Katy's fashion choices. Uh, from there we cut to the optometrist where, uh, Wayne is, uh, is visiting there, getting his eyes checked. Uh, he has asked Dr. McDavid, uh, asked about Dr. McDavid and is then asked about which one he means. Uh, the Dr. Mc mcd, David the grandfather, or the Dr. McDavid, the father. Uh, this is the young Dr. Mc David, who's now running the business. Wayne asked the younger Dr. David about his eyesight, uh, Dr. Mc, David, uh, jokes that Wayne is, As you heard at the top we're telling him that there's no bad news and some people, uh, with his vision just gets glasses while somes don't. Uh, Wayne thanks her and mentions that, uh, he'll save a buck. Dr. Mc, David then suggests applying Wayne's prescription to a stylish pair of sunglasses if the son ever bothers him. Uh, Wayne looks interested. From there, we cut to the produce stand. Wayne, uh, is wearing his new blade style sun sunglasses,
Tiara: uh,
Awesome: vis.
Dean: So, uh, Kate, Katy and the boys tease him about his new shades. You look like you're about to rip a tour.
Tiara: De
Dean: France look like Lance Armstrong. If he didn't even more
Tiara: steroids, you look like the guy
Dean: who's gonna say something racist into camera. A live on location news broadcast. Uh, from there the conversation turns to Jiv and Pete, who's always late, smells, uh, like alcohol and marijuana. Wayne expresses sympathy for jiv and struggles with meth addiction and ultimately agrees it may be time to cut, cut 'em loose. Squirly Dan, who can't, uh, can't shut up about feminist beliefs is ridiculed by Katy. Um, Modine's, the group is gathered when Riley announces that it's his birthday week and he wants to celebrate it with everyone. Rosie and Gail tease him for being the kind of person that makes a big deal out of their birthday. Meanwhile, squirrly Dan proudly declares himself a feminist and gets some ribbing from the group for being too preachy about it. Jonesy explains to the G that the degens have been causing problems again, and a birthday party might just be what they all need. The group reluctantly agrees to attend Riley's party. Ann arrives reminding everyone that it's, uh, being late is unacceptable. If you're 10 minutes, uh, unless you're 10 minutes early, you're late. Um, uh, Gail brings up the trend of men wearing top, top ponies and nubbins, uh, which Gary turns the, uh, the, uh, into the name of the new idea nub. Hmm. Uh, from there we're in. Wayne Confronts j a sleeping Jn Pete about his lack of productivity and reliability on the farm, despite his initial attempts to give Jn Pete, uh, to help Jn. Pete Wayne recognizes work ethic is slowing down the production success. He takes some time to get all his issues sorted out. Jn Pete becomes increasingly upset, thinking Wayne is firing him. Wayne does not say he's firing him, uh, but j Pete storms off anally. Uh, from there we are at the produce stand slash into the Laneway Rolled and Stewart right up and informed Wayne that JN has been spreading lies about him calling, uh, calling Wayne's friends fags, uh, and McMurray and his wife also then pull up and tell Wayne and Peter has come to their house claiming that Wayne and his friends wanted to, uh, saying that Wayne and his friends wanted to sleep with Mrs. McMurray. Uh, they, you know, at which the skids and the McMurray say, we know you'd never see that. So, uh, but then Katy arrives, uh, with, uh, Dari and Dan. Um, uh, Katy says, says that J was talking about Wayne in the parking lot. Uh, Wayne remains silent throughout the conversation, but eventually breaks his silence. Well, that's the difference between a friend and a p. A Powell will listen
Awesome: to someone talk shit about you. A friend won't hear a second of
Dean: it. Squarely, Dan adds to the degens are back to which dairy responds without questioning. How are they gonna fuck this pig from there, Modine's, dairy's new top K not hairstyle is mocked by all of his friends and the others at the bar, including Annick, Rosie and Gale. The skids pretend to defend him, claiming it's good to be known for something. The skids themselves are known for the unique styles such as Stewart's bowler hat and Rolls bandana, and the end. They tell him that he sh that he shouldn't be that guy for wearing a top-notch squirly. Dan wants to know something about Gail. Hey, GAILs. What
Tiara: guys are
Dean: used in
Katy: town? This size? Yeah, the black guy.
Dean: So Katy and Dairy Exchange, playful insults with dairy mocking are Doc Martins and Katy jokingly suggesting he's No John Snow. Uh, s squarely. Dan has asked that his, uh, has asked about his hat, but not given a chance to answer his Rosy dismisses the question immediately. Uh, from then we're at the Degen house where Wayne is pulled up, uh, and has a confrontation, a verbal confrontation with J Jive. And Pete Wayne tells JN that he needs to take responsibility for what he did and that he's not leaving and gets, uh, some sort of re, uh, resolution jive. And Pete argues that he's worked hard every day for 20 years of his life and that Wayne is the real problem. Uh, Wayne mentions that Jive and Pete has upset a lot of people in town, but Jive and Pete dismisses it. Tell Jn tells Wayne that he'll prove himself and Wayne should go gather his friends so they can sort things. And finally we get to the final scene in which we need,
Katy: we're gonna need a montage.
Dean: A montage. All right. We need a montage. And this final scene, the show cuts back and forth between two events happening simultaneously. First, the people at Modine's are setting up for Riley's birthday party and enjoying themselves. Meanwhile, Wayne is traveling around town to gather up his crew to go fight the Degens. Once they arrive at the Degen house, they waste no time immediately, uh, and immediately beat up all the deins. The scene then cuts back to Modine's where everyone is partying with Riley after the fight. Katy, Wayne, Dan, and Squi, uh, Katy, Wayne, da Dairy, and Squirrly Dan return to the produce stand where they all relax with the puppers and a cigarette and credit. So let me, let me bring my four things up and then I'll let y'all go at it.
Tiara: It's gonna be, we all know it's gonna mostly be awesome. Like, awesome. Got honestly awesome. I, I was, you know, doing my stuff today and I was like, you know what, I'm gonna stop. Awesome. I've got enough, my notes. Yeah. You probably got everything I have. She writes a, she writes a
Dean: Cliffs notes after every episode. Oh, fucking, so anyway, my thoughts on this are, uh, I think this is all something we want to know, uh, as why did the Hicks not go to the birthday party? Yes, I absolutely heard that. Uh, just, uh, and also just let people like what they fucking like. Right. You don't give 'em shit for it.
Tiara: Is that, A theme for the whole season. Cause I feel like that has
Dean: come up a lot and it's quite often in a theme of, throughout the, throughout this series. Um, but yeah, I think, uh, this season in particular, it's, it's brought up more, uh, number one, I agree with Rosie that you can be a feminist without wearing it as your personality. Like, you know, there's lots of people who wear things as their personality lot. There's a lot of military people who, that's all their personality is. Mm-hmm. Being ex-military. Um, and I'm ex-military. I don't bring it up like that. So, um, So, uh, and then what prompted the degens to start fucking around again? They hadn't been fucking around in a while. Oh. And, uh, looks like we got a qu uh, oh post out here. Was it an acting choice or can Joel Gae just not take off a shirt?
Tiara: You
Awesome: know, I had
Tiara: a question about the shirts too, but I'm just gonna, it's slightly different one. All right. But that's a good question.
Dean: Uh, yeah, I, I think, uh, Joel just, he likes to take his, take his stuff off him and he's
Tiara: probably got it written in contract. Yeah. In his contract. He's gotta get it off at least once a season. He has to get half naked on screen. That's how it works.
Dean: So, yeah. Uh,
Tiara: what's the
Dean: point? Yeah. So, uh, what do y'all
Tiara: got? Well, do you wanna discuss the things that you brought up? Oh, yeah, sure. Anyway, so why did, that's usually how we do this,
Dean: so, yeah, man. Well, I, I'm, I was trying to get through 'em quickly. I know. Uh, but yeah. Why did the Hicks not go to the birthday party? I mean, I'm sure there are
Tiara: because Wayne just
Awesome: did something he had been trying to avoid doing the entire episode, and he wasn't in the moody mood to go to some Revel about it.
Tiara: Good. You, don, I, uh,
Awesome: I, I
Tiara: get that perspective, but I feel, I feel disappointed that they didn't. Um, I mean that's because I completely agree with Riley and Jonesy. They quite often, a lot of shit's happened. They've
Dean: quite often had fights and ended up back at my dean's.
Tiara: Yep. It's about an issues. It's, it's happened often.
Dean: And, and this is not the first time they've fought the Deit.
Tiara: Mm-hmm. No. But this is
Awesome: the first time that Wayne has had to give up on her friend whom he was trying to help.
Tiara: Okay. Okay. Well that's that's a good thought. All right. You know,
Awesome: like Pete literally came with his hat in his hand into his house, yeah. Mm-hmm. And asked him for help and Wayne did his best to help this guy who was his friend, but his friend was just not willing to put the effort in. So Wayne's got to deal with his behavior and it is his responsibility now because he's the one who hired him.
Katy: Yeah. Okay. Yeah.
Dean: Um, so, uh, Wayne and, uh, Wayne, uh, what? Dan and his feminist hat. Oh. I mean, I know he's mentioned being a feminist before, but this is like the first time he's really kind of li tried to personify. Yeah.
Tiara: That whole, I mean that in, in purposely personify it. Like he, for a while now, he's kind of worn that as like his name badge. Like, hi, I'm squirrely Dan and I'm a feminist. Like, that's, that's what it feels like. He's often saying it's not what he says, but it's how, you know, it's, yeah. It's, it's
Dean: getting,
Tiara: getting offended. Yes. But it's getting offended on behalf of people. Yeah. Which for me personally is a huge pet peeve. Um, like, I fucking hate it so much, and I'm sure it goes against some weird autism thing in my brain because I like get violently angry when I think of somebody like, Taking on like, ugh. Anyway, uh, that's Objection. Ask,
Dean: ask your question, Don. Yes, go ahead. Um, and, and yeah, and my other thing was what prompted the degens to start fucking around again, not with just, not just Wayne, but, uh,
Tiara: I think they figured out that it, that working was more, it was harder than they thought it was gonna be. That like trying to, you know, not be degens, they would have to actually do the thing every day and keep going back. Which someone who didn't work for two years can definitely say after five days, holy crap, am I really getting up again tomorrow to work? Um, but like, I feel like that that is where it was where they were, they all just kind of gave up. Like he got offended because he didn't wanna do it anymore. And it was like, this is, this is how I'm going to make sure that I don't have to do it and save face. Cuz you know, I, I don't know about. Anybody else, but it did not seem that, uh, Pete was at all invested. It's, it
Dean: did seem so with Katy. Mm-hmm. And I think that's just because he honks and hollers at girls. Mm-hmm. Um, but, uh, Don has a question watching Wingman. Uh, wingman Wayne the other day, J Pete's daughter is in it. Pete doesn't look old enough to old enough to have one that age. He, he, he said that Age. Age, yeah. That's what he was saying. What was,
Tiara: how old was she?
Dean: I,
Tiara: at least 18. She on the bar. So at least
Awesome: 19. Well,
Tiara: I mean, trying not to get vulgar, but like, Uh, may, uh, bodies that are, are, are not the ones that carry the baby can make a baby as soon as they start like coming. Yeah. Essentially. And that's like 12, 13. So yeah. I mean, as a degen it would make sense if he had a baby, you know, got someone pregnant when he was young also. Like that's how I would think about
Dean: that. Also, nobody has ages. Right. In letter. Kidding.
Tiara: But that also brings up, like today in the, the episode where, where the, um, uh, the optometrist or he, Wayne said that, you know, he didn't think she was, because she looked so young and she was like, you know, well, people get a certain age. Everyone looks young. Yeah. And like, that just totally struck me because Yeah. You know, we're, we've been with him for a while. He's, yeah, he's not 25.
Dean: Yeah. But yeah, Don says, I know it's, I know he is a dj, but it hit me in a, as a continuity issue. Think could be, uh, yeah. I mean, do,
Tiara: do they, they may not have really thought that they were gonna bring a, a, a full character of j Pete to the surface instead of just being a degen. We've now like had some episodes where we know more about him and like the things that he does. So it may have been that they just didn't expect it to be someone who was probably his late thirties. That
Dean: was way early on. So that was, was that second first season or second
Tiara: season? That was the first
Awesome: season. Wing man, Wayne, in his series one episode four. Yeah.
Tiara: I love that. You just know that even my special interest stuff, I cannot recall like that. It's amazing to me. Uh,
Awesome: Missy is my special interest stuff. Oh, yes. We know.
Tiara: Anything Kiso,
Dean: we got another comment on here. Oh, I love this. No. Um, What he say. Oh, Adrian had a question about, so I had the same quandary when we see him in Modine's too. I, I, I don't, I think that was a question that, regarding his question about, uh, yeah,
Tiara: regarding
Awesome: last question by the age thing and, oh,
Tiara: wait, no. Um, no, that's because about Joel Gia taken off his shirt. Yeah, yeah. I was like, I think this is more
Dean: Yeah. Us, because Yeah, he came in right at, uh, the same time as Don started, so. Oh, okay. Uh, but anyway, um, but yeah, I think that's, yeah, I, it's, uh, so Jeremy Barie, time, Wimy, and Letterkenny, so mm-hmm. Yeah. Uh, may, I mean, maybe this happened, uh, 10 years down the line, or maybe first se maybe first season happened 10 years further forward,
Tiara: who knows?
Awesome: Yeah. I mean, I
Tiara: have some thoughts on
Dean: that. I mean, it's not, I mean, it wouldn't be unbelievable necessarily,
Tiara: but No, no, no. Not at all.
Dean: All right. What, what else? Uh, so yeah, that's, that's, those are the things I got. What else y'all got?
Tiara: Oh, so much. Um, okay. I, I do want to, uh, preface this with was not my favorite episode. This season was not my favorite season, but, but probably like, this was definitely not my favorite ending at all to a season. Like, I understand, you know, a lot of this stuff happened in Covid and so that made things different and all that, but just, it, it felt, it felt more like they were shoving what they're saying down our throats this time, instead of just alluding to it or dancing around it. So, it kind of changed the tone a little bit for me. But, um, so, uh, I, I, Uh, what's the word I'm trying to say? My, my own story in my head. My truth, uh, that they mentioned tans quitting smoking because Canis was pregnant while they were, or Kenny Toto, uh, was, please say it for me. Ken Kenny Teo was pregnant during this time period and they probably, you know, cuz a lot of her storylines were revolved around cigarettes and so maybe they were like, oh, you know, she's gonna quit in our fu in future seasons or not gonna be smoking in future seasons. So we should mention that. Um, That's, I mean, which may be true,
Awesome: but Yeah, she was pregnant in 2019, so she'd already had her kid. Well, she
Tiara: was, I know she was breastfeeding while they were filming, so, yeah. Yeah. I would assume that was all encompassing there with that. But, um, yeah, the, the other thing about that whole scene, um, mostly regarding like cigarettes, uh, I know they had to have gotten a lot of shit about smoking on screen so much, um, especially when Hulu picked him up. Cuz I know that was something Hulu was trying to lessen before Letterkenny got on their roster. Um, yeah. So I wonder if this was like Keystone Tierney going, just, just let us do the thing it works for our characters and leave it alone. It doesn't have any deeper meaning to it.
Awesome: Well, um, one of the things is like,
Tiara: So
Awesome: I, I keep having to make this point on the sub. Hulu does not own letter. Kenny. They have, I know, no creative control over Letterkenny whatsoever. Um, and yet the on the sub people do comment frequently about not necessarily the smoking, but the throwing the butts all over the place.
Tiara: Oh yeah, yeah. I never really actually thought about that. Yeah, they're constantly just like flicking it off into the
Awesome: distance. Yeah. But no, um, once this scene did come up, people were like, why would you have a scene glorifying smoking?
Tiara: And I'm
Awesome: like, these character, we're, we are 11 series. Mm-hmm. Why are you suddenly clutching your pearls now about them
Tiara: hacking darts? Right? It's been talked about and shown over and over and over and over again. And like, that's what I felt, this, this, that part was,
Awesome: you were boring with a fag in one hand
Tiara: and a beer in the other. Right? Like,
Awesome: although I
Tiara: do have to say that like the direction and cinematography in this, I love the way, oh yes. There was like, the movements were at the same time, or they were completely at opposite times. Like hand going up while hand going down and, um, oh yeah. Like just syncopated. Thank you. I love that. I love it. Um, uh, Wayne realizing his joke wasn't funny. So good. Arkins
Dean: back to the, uh,
Tiara: uh, the, the Florida seminal vesicles one. Yes. Florida State
Awesome: Les Seminal
Tiara: Vesicles. But this time, instead of kind of getting upset that they didn't laugh, he was like, well, that one didn't hit. Guess not. Like, I feel like he's, you know, he's matured in his humor where he is like, okay, fine. That one didn't work. Let's move on instead of getting upset about it. Which is huge growth for somebody sometimes.
Awesome: Yeah. Especially why poor little goober son just wants to be funny and nobody's doing him an inch. I'm like, damn
Tiara: it. I thought I was Okay. Fine.
Dean: He's already learned that it's tough sledding up there for a comedian.
Tiara: True story. Oh yeah.
Awesome: Uh oh. Yes.
Tiara: Oh yeah. And I highlighted, you said the words, Wayne, reflecting on the fact that people should not judge others for enjoying something that they themselves may not like. And I'm like, oh, that was the whole season. Yeah.
Dean: Um, I mean the tropes throughout the season. Yeah.
Tiara: Uh, doc Martins, I have three pair one. Does that make me, I've got two We're that couple. That's it. I guess so. Um, none agree.
Dean: I don't agree. It's glorifying smoking. They're saying they enjoy it, so they keep doing it. All the while pointing out other addictions that are culturally acceptable. I e the enter Internets agreed. However, I need the internets because I work in
Tiara: over the internet. So true. And I need it too, because there is no like curriculum for, I mean there is curriculum, but it, it's not all encompassing for what I do, so I need to bullshit together sometimes. Um, let's see. Oh, the, um, the interaction, uh, bailiff ha could kill a man. It's fucking barley. Yeah. Like that was Wayne, like finally losing it a little bit with him and getting like a little angry. I love it. Fucking barley.
Dean: Fucking barley.
Tiara: So I, you know, I'm curious
Dean: how many ti uh, how, how many times I had to shoot that for. Uh, the cor, I mean, they had to have choreographed it. Oh, yeah. Um, so it, I I would be interested to know how many times they shot that, just to get it right.
Awesome: Well, Weston or not Western Brink, sorry. Um, Dan Skiing is the stunt coordinator. Um, and he usually comes in and does his stuff in a pretty short period of time. Like, uh, in series one
Tiara: they
Awesome: did all the fight scenes for series one in one day and they choreographed him on the spot.
Tiara: Wow. Okay.
Dean: Well this, I mean, this is a little bit different in that once you've let go of a bale hay or barley as it is Yeah. It's got moment and you, you don't, you don't have a lot of control over it after it leaves you. So it's, uh, just something that Yeah. I was
Tiara: just curious about. And I just wanna say those are half bales. They're not
Awesome: full bales.
Dean: Okay. Those are, those are full bales. I, I, I grew up on a ranch, so those are full bales. Like we would also always bail. I mean, they're not rolls. Uh, yeah. Which we would do those as well, but yeah, those are, those were full bales that I can see.
Tiara: I'm just gonna sit here, born and raised in a city. I don't know shit. I'm a ct. I'm, I'm,
Awesome: if he's just hooking him around like
Tiara: that, then like, oh yeah, that's how you get it. He's a fucking
Dean: Superman under there. Oh, that's what you do. I mean, that's how you get him where they go.
Tiara: He used to do it. Where am I? There we go. It's really hard. I have to point to the bathroom to get to point to Dean
Dean: because my head's full of shit.
Tiara: Wayne does have bangs. Yes. Um, Wayne definitely has bangs. He's always had bangs. Right.
Awesome: Um, and again, I am convinced that Katy cuts his hair on the back porch of their house because he won't go into town
Tiara: and get it done. I would believe it like that. It's, it's too much work to go into, you know, just cut. It just, he doesn't too much, but I bet he doesn't even really look in the mirror all that much. She's just running a
Dean: number three over his head. Yeah. And then trimming up, trimming his bangs.
Tiara: Uh, uh, dune kes over there.
Awesome: Oh God, that was so funny. That was the
Tiara: best joke. The whole se the whole show. Which makes me wonder,
Dean: does, does Wayne know what Kees are? I've,
Tiara: that's a good question. Although he did change the conversation very quick when he felt like he was the one getting attacked. So, I I And that was, yeah, the, with dairy defending Wayne squinting as if like, no, you can't say
Awesome: that he needs glasses. I think he's he's right. He must, he's fine. What the fuck? Dairy? He says he's
Tiara: fine. Oh my God. No, no. I,
Dean: I think his, his sight is perfect. Like how
Tiara: the squinting the perfect
Dean: amount.
Tiara: It wasn't a cri criticism, it was literally, you are squinting, you should see if it's your eyes. Has, has
Dean: dairy become, has, has dairy become Bonnie from season one?
Awesome: Oh gosh.
Tiara: Woo.
Awesome: I'm not touching that one. Yeah. Not with the 10 foot barge pole.
Tiara: Um, Wayne does look like a baseball player in my opinion. Like that's what, like when. He first sat was sitting down with those glasses, like, I imagine like a, a major league pitcher. Mm-hmm. Like, um, like Randy Johnson, you know, like that was, that was what I was imagining.
Dean: Uh, because little sidetrack. Do any of you have a hard time saying the last name Johnson anymore? Now that Tyler Johnston, uh, we've known for so long cuz I will quite often find myself pronouncing the last name Johnson as Johnston.
Tiara: Oh
Awesome: no, I have not run into, no,
Dean: no. It just happens sometimes with me now. I it not surprised. Uh, it's kinda like ear worms with me. They just stick there.
Tiara: Yeah. Uh, um, okay. Here's my soapbox. I 100% support birthday, week or month. Yes. Agree. Anything that brings you joy is worth it. Don't be as shit to someone who just needs serotonin. Anyway, and I say that as someone who absolutely has a birthday week every fucking year. Yep. Because that means I'm still fucking alive. So yeah.
Awesome: Thank
Dean: you. Damn. Now the top
Tiara: knot. Now the top knot, Uhuh.
Awesome: Oh, no, no, baby.
Tiara: Um, speaking of, yeah. Why does Gail talk about Nubbins and make it seem like she's into that if she isn't trying to get dairy to do that? Yeah,
Dean: it, see, it definitely seemed like she was
Tiara: definitely getting him to do it
Awesome: just so he'll make a dick of himself.
Tiara: Right. I, right. Like, I wonder if, if, uh, it's written that way, like, I don't feel like, uh, Le Lisa Coddington is. Playing it that way necessarily because she, I mean, either that, or Gail is a really good actress.
Dean: She did keep looking to that end of the bar, but I mean, that could have just been looking at the general area of dairy and Dan, uh, so I'm, but it, I kind of want to think that she was looking at dairy to kind of, you know, hey, make that stick to him because yeah, once you, once you give d an idea, he's gonna, he's just gonna ruminate on. Mm-hmm.
Tiara: Yeah.
Awesome: He, he takes a while to get there, but he gets there in the end and you can't, once you do get a thought into that thick ass skull, he's got, you're gonna have a hell of a time dislodging it.
Tiara: Hmm. Yep. You know, like what it takes is anique saying something, then it'll dis lodged immediately. It look like all of my cousins. That's one of the things I was wondering is like, he's been like
Awesome: semi flirting with a nick, the whole series. Yeah. Oh yeah. And like even when he just said hello to her, Katy, like, lean over and snapped in his face. Like, come on.
Tiara: You know? Yeah. She did though. Like, I think she was flirting with him too. Like she, the, the way she's like, oh, she was, and that's
Awesome: why KE was all like, don't do the thing. Yeah. So I think, uh, uh, what if Gail's like trying to push Daryl into doing something so that everyone like, comes down on him like a ton of bricks and is like, no, no, no. We've been over this. This is why you don't go back to
Tiara: that. Do you think, do you think Gail wants dairy?
Dean: I think Gail wants everybody she can get. But I mean, like,
Tiara: I don't mean like she would get with anybody. I mean, do we think that she likes dairy? N
Dean: I, I don't, not for, as a partner, I don't think.
Tiara: Okay. I don't, it seems like she does a lot of the things to, like, she, she kind of gets him to do a lot of things, uh, that, that aren't, uh, in favorable to the rest of the team.
Awesome: Right. I think she enjoys ma putting him in those situations.
Dean: Adrian says, I, I was disappointed when d said, uh, last season I'm getting out of my barn clothes to go to, uh, to go back to Annex. I was hoping it was Bonnie personally. Yeah,
Tiara: I, you know what? I don't see him with Bonnie. I feel like, like it's out of his league. There was a point in
Dean: time. Yes, yes, yes. Uh, but Bonnie is far surpassed dairy. Yeah. Or, or really anybody
Tiara: else? Uh, yeah. She's too good for anybody at litter. I still like them
Awesome: together. I think they're cute.
Tiara: Mm. I don't know. Dairy's starting to kind of turn into an asshole. Yeah. Um,
Awesome: he really is. I don't know
Tiara: what's up with that. Yeah. I
Dean: mean, it's, it's like he's coming almost like he's becoming the, the guy version of Katy. Yeah. Which, you know, Katy hates everything. And you know, she's always trying to poo poo something. And now this one, which is like, she's trying to, you know, embrace something. Yeah. Embrace something. Uh, and then yeah, maybe it's, they're, they're like the, there's yin and yang of who's gonna be the, like you saw Yeah. Who's gonna be the asshole this week.
Tiara: Yeah. I believe that.
Awesome: Yeah. That's why I definitely do not ship them though, that that's just never
Tiara: gonna happen. No, no. They're,
Dean: yeah, they're, they're opposite sides of the same coin, I think.
Tiara: Yeah. I definitely, I, I can't see any of, at least any of the regular players being a match for Bonnie. Like, One, it has to be someone who can put McMurray in his place, because otherwise McMurray would be like towering over that relationship, I feel like. Mm-hmm.
Awesome: McMurray would be all up in that mix.
Tiara: Yeah. That's why it needs to be somebody like, and somebody who's not dairy, definitely dairy would not be able to stand
Awesome: up to him
Tiara: like that. Uh,
Dean: for Katy, I, I think the only person nearby would be Jim Dick. Jim is good, is a
Tiara: good guy. You could see that he is a good guy. Although, you know, Bonnie with Jim could be interesting. And she was like, when, when he was either one of them. Yeah. When he was saying, you know,
Awesome: if he had done
Tiara: the thing that, you know, right. He would gratefully let a woman cut off his stuff and she's like, thank her for the kindness and thank her for the kindness. There's, there's people like that left. Like she was, she was kind of turned on by that.
Dean: Honestly, I think, I think I would prefer, uh, a Bonnie Jim relationship than to, because Katy just, she gets really rough sometimes and I don't think j you know, I think for the kind of guy that Jim is, he doesn't deserve that.
Awesome: The thing is Katy gets bitchy when she's impatient,
Tiara: which is all the time she gets impatient.
Awesome: Well, she gets impatient with people who act like dumb asses.
Tiara: Well, and I, she's kind of mean to some people, just to be
Dean: mean to them. So Riley with Riley going, uh, when he, when sh she was just gonna date Riley and kept sending him to the store for candies, and he went back and got bag, a whole, a whole bag of candies that she wanted back, and then she sends him back. No, I wanted the, the gummies or whatever it was. So she, she's an asshole sometimes. I mean, just to be an asshole. You
Tiara: can't do that. I mean, I dunno. I feel like
Awesome: after being with her for that long, he really should have known what kind of Sarah Candy
Tiara: she likes. Well, he,
Dean: and he brought them because he had brought them just little bags at a time. Then when Jo, because obviously Jonesy's the smarter of the two of them. Um mm-hmm. I mean, it's low bar, but it's, uh, yeah. I mean, he's, he said just buy her because he had been buying her the candies. Uh, and then he says, just buy our big bag that you can put in the jar. And so
Tiara: he bought, yeah, she changed what
Dean: he wanted. So, so he brought back the same bag of the ones that he'd been bringing her already, and then she switched, switched it up on him. So, Hmm. That's, you know, I, you know, it's
Tiara: not saying that this is, this
Awesome: is bad. It's
Tiara: saying that this is who she is. Like Yeah. The last, um, there's been. Very little niceness between her and the rest of the hicks other than her brother. Um, she's constantly like, well, she even just putting down, or, or picking on nitpicking or, well, she
Dean: was whatever, getting nit Wayne in this episode about being too
Tiara: soft. Mm-hmm. Yeah. I think it's just who shes, I think that's more
Awesome: her being his moral compass again. He's like, no, we have these principles and you need to follow
Tiara: them. Except he was the one that was holding onto his principles of trying to be this, the, you know, the nice guy, basically.
Awesome: Yeah.
Dean: Yeah. Because he had to convince her that, you know, when a friend asked for help, you help him, man. Yeah. And then everybody was like, yeah, you're right.
Tiara: But there's
Awesome: also, you know, their whole work ethic Oh, yeah. Values. And there's a balance there too. It's like, yeah, give him a chance. Because remember she was the one who is, um, getting on dairy about not giving jn Pete a second chance. Mm-hmm. In the kitchen. Yeah. Yep.
Tiara: So she's, you
Awesome: know, firmly on board with that agenda, but when she checks in with Wayne and finds out that Jiv and Pete's been fucking up, she's like, well, you can't tolerate that. Mm-hmm. And if you let him do it, he's just gonna keep doing it and walk all over you.
Tiara: Yeah.
Dean: And so there's one place where you can't be slacking as laborers is labor.
Tiara: That's
Dean: right. Mm-hmm. Except for laborers.
Tiara: Yeah. I feel like j Pete's response to Wayne saying you need to shape up or ship out wasn't, uh, um, it wasn't equal. It wasn't, his reaction was not equal to what was being said to him. It was disproportionate. Yeah. Yeah, disproportionate. Thank you. He was, and I think that's why, that's why I think like he was, he wanted to get fired and so he was like, Fucking fire me and I'll just walk away.
Dean: I think he's, I think he's super, but then, so I can get mad about it. I think he's just super sensitive. He's, he's definitely ins, he's definitely insecure. Mm-hmm. Oh, yeah. Um, and so I think instead, you know, when you're super insecure and, uh, and, and you have drug alcohol problems, uh, it would be easier just to make it a fight. Yeah. That, that actually sorted out in a, in a good
Tiara: way. Yeah. It, it becomes a self-fulfilling Yeah. Story
Awesome: like that you tell yourself that it's not your fault. Mm-hmm. You know, if only someone would give you a chance, and yet here's Wayne giving him a chance, but it's still not good enough for Pete.
Tiara: Yeah,
Awesome: yeah. You know, uh, my, my whole thing is like Pete says, he puts his heart and soul into that job, and I'm like, dude, it's just
Tiara: short heart and soul. Put your heart
Awesome: and soul into it. My
Tiara: left tick, that's
Dean: like, yeah. You know.
Tiara: Like,
Dean: it, it,
Tiara: he
Awesome: just, he follows the pattern of like, he does what addicts do. Mm-hmm. Like, I'm not surprised.
Tiara: He's like a fucking toddler. Yes. Yeah. So, yeah. And
Awesome: so he blames Wayne for his own shortcomings and gets mad at Wayne when he won't put up with his shit. And Wayne's like, look, I'm trying to help you out, but you've gotta, how many times do you reach out to somebody before if they won't, you know, turn their shit around. Hmm. Yeah. And Wayne even makes a point of was like,
Tiara: I, I did not say I was firing you. Yeah.
Dean: And I Yeah. Take some time. It's, and it's like when, when he makes it there to, uh, the de house and Yeah. And, and Pete's like the only one see, have a problem here is you. Yeah. Well, you're, the on, he's the only one that's making any fucking sense. The rest of you are goddamn DJs.
Tiara: Yes.
Awesome: You know, and, and frankly, Stewart deserves a bit of a smack for selling to Pete anyway. Fucking.
Tiara: Yeah. Uh, so Adrian says, when woke up to
Awesome: have that conversation. Yeah,
Tiara: exactly. Adrian, thank you. He kicked that bail of hay. Wait, how many
Awesome: fucking second chances do you give a man? Right? Because like, every time Pete showed up, drunk or hungover could have fired him. Yeah. Every time he toed up at work
Tiara: could have fired him. I mean, just for being late. Find him literally sleeping on the job.
Katy: Yep.
Awesome: Yep. What, what more do you
Tiara: want? I'm sorry.
Dean: Yeah, it's, uh, yeah, it's, it's a bit much. So he needs, yeah, he definitely needs to sort himself out. Uh, and maybe, who knows, maybe, maybe that's what it's gonna come to at some point. That the, that he's going to end up really, you know, maybe he's gonna go to rehab. That's one of the things that I was, I was hoping he would, we were talking about, uh, the potential of, uh, of Stewart enrolled going to rehab as
Tiara: well. Mm. No, I mean, Stewart's already
Awesome: been to rehab, albeit for the dark web rather than for, you
Tiara: know, like NA or whatever,
Dean: the dark web, dark web. But yeah, to cut out all the snoots, um,
Tiara: well they were doing Snoots in today's episode. Yeah, they were. Um, so, okay, moving on a little bit to, um, so when the McMurrays got there, I love how confused they were about why Wayne wasn't doing the normal call and response so that, uh, McMurray and Mrs. McMurray had to do it to, with each other and they got it right.
Awesome: Um, yeah. Like, but doing the two of them they did. Um,
Tiara: but also, and I've asked, I asked Dean this question in one of the walkthrough or watch throughs that we did, but I'm really curious what you think, uh, why are the McMurrays upset that someone wants to fuck Mrs. McMurray? I feel like they would, you know, be like, oh yeah, of
Awesome: course. Yeah, no, and they're into that, Tom. In, in the Halloween episode, McMurray is suspicious of his farm hands, so he leaves the walkie-talkie in there. I forgot. Yeah. Farm hands talking shit about, anyway, um, I think it, it's, it's one thing, right? If like, that's your kink and you negotiate mm-hmm. With somebody. True. Very true. Yeah. To bring them into your kink, that's one thing. Mm-hmm. But like, you know, just randos saying they wanna fuck your misses.
Tiara: Yeah.
Awesome: Is, yeah. And he was
Tiara: significantly
Awesome: upset about, you know, the colors during, at
Tiara: the alcohol. Yeah. I was just, or the Kraken Ag. But, but yeah. At the very, at
Dean: the very at, at the very end there where and uh, where there, where, where she says, you know, if, if you want.
Tiara: Right. Right. Like, yeah. That was what we said. And McMurray looks
Dean: over and kind of nods. Yeah.
Tiara: If Wayne had like said something to them, that would've been fine, but Yeah. Yeah.
Awesome: McMurray would love for Wayne to be his bull. Oh yeah. He really will.
Tiara: Oh yeah.
Katy: Oh yeah. Oh yeah.
Tiara: Uh, mc. Mc, that's all I know. He, you know, he's, he's not that way, but you know, if he was, it probably would be Wayne. So, I mean, think about
Awesome: the, the Letterkenny leave episode where he's going on About Ry? Yeah. Oh yeah. Into it. He, oh yeah. Is, and how he's like specifically emphasizes that, um, the true relationship is between the bull and the cockle shit. Yeah's like, yeah. Yeah. McMurray's hot for Wayne.
Dean: That's one time down, minute way.
Awesome: Oh boy.
Katy: Um, calling
Tiara: the skids a clockwork orange was, oh God. Masterful. It was, so whoever wrote that line, I just, I kind of wanna kiss 'em right on the mouth, like, and why did they get offended by that? I don't, I don't think they got offended. I think they were more like everyone knows, like, I thought, I didn't
Awesome: know they, anybody
Tiara: watch that movie, they
Dean: kind of did a pearl clutch in there for a second
Tiara: there.
Awesome: Well, how dare you say, I'm biting someone else's style. Yeah.
Dean: But it's very true.
Tiara: I mean, they're just missing the eye makeup pretty much the
Dean: Yeah, the,
Tiara: the eyelash and the white underwear outside. And Leo would put
Awesome: up a naked titty statue that drips milk in her bar. Oh yeah.
Tiara: That's true. You wouldn't do that. Um, speaking of the skids, I love that the skids were helping set up for the party. Um, it, it didn't make it better that the, the hicks didn't come to the party, but it like showed that the skids were at least accepted enough into this group that they literally were helping set up for the thing that was for the group. And the science
Dean: said
Tiara: Happy Birthday week. Right, right. And, um, uh, Rosie was right there while they were doing it. Yep. So obviously, like she even was like, okay with the, with the week. Yeah. Um, finally. Mm-hmm. Um, and then, so, oh, back to, uh, Tyson and JB taking off their shirts. What happens to all the shirts that they just take off? Like I'm sure they're not in the exact same place every time. So when they take their shirt off and throw it and go run into the back of the truck, do they like, is there some whoop, some service that goes around? It's like, oh, they're t-shirts again and like picks 'em up and takes it to their home later? They have,
Dean: uh, they have uh, what do they call what for burlesque shows? What the tearaway or No, the, uh, the person who goes out. Oh, a kitten. The cat. Yeah. They have a stage, stage kitten. They have a stage kitten that goes around and collects their clothes.
Katy: I like
Tiara: that. It's
Awesome: probably Meia, Sophia.
Tiara: Yes. Um, okay. And then the last thing that I have before, but let's just let Awesome take hold. Um, I loved the editing in the fight at the end where every hit was in time with the music, the, like, shit, it felt like I was watching Wizard of Oz and listening to Pink Floyd. Like, it was so good. It was so good. I just, so that was the, that a lot of the stuff that I liked the most was the editing and the small things. But overall, still not really my favorite episode. But Adrian says
Dean: the Sally Ann has
Tiara: full,
Dean: a very full t-shirt to bar. Yep.
Katy: Well,
Awesome: good shot Adrian. Oh yeah.
Tiara: Oh, all right. Hit me. Awesome. You always catch all the things. I don't.
Awesome: Okay, so, um, the whole blinking, squinting, Wayne going to get his eyes checked, et cetera, for some reason on the sub. People chose to interpret that as Wayne's got lung cancer.
Tiara: What?
Dean: Uh,
Tiara: okay. Because they had a, the whole
Awesome: conversation about how much they enjoyed darts and Wayne got real emotional. Right. And if you notice, he doesn't actually volunteer his favorite dart memory.
Tiara: He shouldn't think of one himself. He, he thought they were, yeah. Just having a dart is always a great thing for Wayne. But,
Dean: but, but at, but at the end, at the end of the cold open, he says one's just as good as the next. Yeah.
Awesome: So anyway, like, okay, I know this and you know this. Yeah. Lemme get through this.
Tiara: Ok. Ok. Get up. Right. I don't go on the Reddit cause it scares me.
Awesome: Don't save yourself. I, I'm throwing myself on this grenade for you
Tiara: because I love
Awesome: you. I appreciate that. So, um, the
Tiara: conversation with the DART for Wayne got all
Awesome: emotional and then the joke at the optometrist where she says you're dying and he says, I'll get my affairs in order. People have chosen to interpret that as foreshadowing, my God, that Wayne has lung cancer and the show's gonna end. How did it
Tiara: get to lung cancer though? Just because he was smoking. Okay. You know, there are other things that you can get from smoking. They can get mouth cancer, can get e
Awesome: esophageal cancer. But the
Tiara: right, but like
Dean: I've been talking about all season is zero pd. This is, this is a season full of tropes. Yeah. And including the standard letter kitty tropes. Tropes, which is Wayne, you know, squinting. Mm-hmm. As he has forever. So that's always been,
Tiara: but he's been doing it
Dean: more so he should go to the
Awesome: doctor just in case, to the point where Kitty
Tiara: comments on it. Yeah. I think the, but if you haven't, if you, if you are a grown ass adult and you have not been to the optometrist since you were in first grade, at least go and get your damn eyes checked. Because there are things other than your vision that they check you there. Like glaucoma and shit. Yeah. But
Dean: yeah. But it was kind of mentioned also by the optometrist, is that when you're getting old, when you become a certain age mm-hmm. You know, so it's, everyone looks young. That's a, that's a comment on him growing up, him being older now. Yeah. Yes. Um, yeah. So, yeah, it's, and,
Awesome: and a couple weeks ago you guys were, uh, revisiting the subject of how old all the characters
Tiara: were,
Awesome: right? Mm-hmm. When the show kicks off, Wayne can't be more than 23 or 24. No way.
Tiara: By 30 year old man.
Awesome: No. 30 years old. He's all filled out.
Tiara: He
Dean: he does not. Yeah. Well, he, yeah, he does not look 23 at all.
Tiara: If you
Awesome: assume that Wayne started kindergarten at five
Tiara: and graduated at 17 the summer
Awesome: before he turned 18, then he's 30,
Tiara: by the way.
Awesome: 38.
Tiara: He's
Awesome: so sorry. Yeah. Now, now he's gonna be 39 in July. Um, but,
Katy: uh, yeah, no, I,
Awesome: if you assume that he didn't, uh, skip or repeat any grades and graduated when he was 17, right before he turned 18, then add five years for his relationship with Angie. He cannot be more than like 23
Tiara: going. Oh, at the beginning of the, at the beginning of season
Dean: one. Yeah. It doesn't say how long they've been broken up, does it? They just said she was your sweetie for five years. It's been almost a month.
Tiara: At it. Okay. Yeah. He found Angie stepping out on you,
Dean: but we also don't know how much time there was between things. I mean, we could say he started, he was 23 when they started, but Yeah.
Tiara: Right. And it's been, what season are we in? 11. So that's what, so like six years, seven years, you count Covid stuff? Seven. Seven years. Yeah. Okay. So like even if we're going that every season is a little in a year, which I don't think, I feel like each season is, no one and two are.
Awesome: Yeah. Series one and two take place over the same summer. Series three is the first winter we see, and that makes one
Tiara: year. Okay. All right. So, but that means that it's winter the same year. How do we know?
Dean: Yeah. Could be, could be, could be that season. Could later had a couple of winters later.
Tiara: No.
Awesome: Cause
Tiara: that's when he
Awesome: starts his relationship with Rosie. You're gonna seriously look in my face and tell me he waited two years to
Tiara: start a relationship
Dean: with Rosie Wa Wayne is very slow to get into a relationship.
Tiara: Yes, I know that.
Dean: Hey, so I could see him waiting two years. Maybe they've just been hanging out. I dunno,
Tiara: I I don't think
Awesome: anybody would wait around that long
Tiara: for
Dean: Wayne. You would wait. You would wait five years for
Tiara: Wayne. That is true. It's true. If I
Awesome: knew there was definitely something on the horizon, maybe wait. Like, no. Get
Tiara: real. Nobody.
Awesome: I mean, the end of series two, we see, you know, Rosie for the fir. We meet Rosie for the first time and then, and the beginning of series three, they're hanging out and. S going sledding together and starting to date. Yeah. So, and those are the whole pregnant tan pregnancy scare thing too, right? So, yeah. Mm-hmm. Like, clearly those two follow one after
Tiara: another.
Dean: Yeah. So the, the, well, the, we don't fight at weddings was like when they, Wayne and, and Tan were about to kick things off, like episode.
Tiara: Well, they, that was after that was
Awesome: broken
Tiara: up. That was five.
Dean: Yeah. Yeah. So my, so we don't, uh, cuz in Yeah. That, and we don't fight at weddings. He says that they're gonna give it the old college try. And I think the next episode was the old college try. Is that correct
Tiara: or not? That's correct. Yeah.
Awesome: Yeah. So he, she, he asked her to be his plus one. Mm-hmm. And then they tried dating
Tiara: and that did not work Right. For a whole bunch of
Dean: reasons. But that was the, the end, at the end of that season. Wasn't that where she said, you know, She was pregnant?
Tiara: No. No. Okay. All right. Maybe that was serious. Two. Okay.
Awesome: Because the end is, um, Rosie gets out of her truck and Wayne meets her
Tiara: for the first time
Awesome: then Oh, right, right, right.
Tiara: He comes up okay to him. I remember it now. Then calls and
Awesome: says, I'm pregnant. Oh, fuck.
Dean: Oh. Oh, fuck. Yeah. Okay. I remember now it's it, you know, sometimes it takes a little bit of, a little bit of push to get that
Tiara: memory to come back. Yeah. Again, we don't have the recall that you do. That's why it's so great having you on. Cause I'm just like, yeah, I know. You're right. So I'm just gonna listen.
Awesome: Excuse
Tiara: me.
Dean: It's time for the tea.
Awesome: What else You got? What you do. Oh, okay. Let's see what you've
Tiara: got.
Awesome: So you'll be surprised to know that I am actually shooting from the hip for this episode. Oh,
Tiara: okay.
Awesome: Yeah. And I just.
Tiara: So I wanna talk a little bit about
Awesome: Wayne as the toughest guy in Letterkenny, right? Mm-hmm. Uhhuh, like that is a job. That is his job,
Tiara: right? And it's your job. It's your
Awesome: job, it's your job. And the thing about being the toughest guy in Letterkenny, is it's a social function, right? He fulfill, oh, yes. Thank you, Erin. I love
Tiara: you. Erin called her awesome. Called awesome, awesome. So yeah. And we love you, Erin. Yes, definitely. Yeah.
Awesome: Um,
Tiara: but like the
Awesome: work that he gets for being the toughest guy in letter, Kenny is the reward in and of itself for him, right? Like the duties of the toughest guy in letter, Kenny is the whole point for him. And because he's the toughest guy in Letterkenny. People bring him the problems that they either can't or won't solve, you know, uh, things that are big enough to get, you know, the official people involved in, but things that still need a community leader to deal with. He looks to the edges in his community and fills in the cracks to make sure that people don't fall through them. Um, and that's, that heavily influences his ethos of if a friend asks for help, you help him because you, he can't let people fall through the cracks. That would be anathema to him. Yeah. So when Pete comes and, and like I said earlier, literally hat in hand, right. And asks for help. Of course Wayne has to help him, right? Yeah.
Dean: Um,
Katy: and he does
Awesome: his best, and Pete's just not put it in the work. And again, and again and again, he fucks up. And, you know, you can only help someone if they're willing to help themselves. Mm-hmm. You can't clean up for someone. You can't get straight for someone. They have to do it for themselves. Um, and when he has that first
Tiara: confrontation with Pete and Pecos
Awesome: off, and then the McMurrays and the skids come up to the farm and tell Wayne what's going on, what they're doing is they're appealing to Wayne to do his job. Hmm. Oh yeah. And the toughest guy in Letterkenny, and it's literally his responsibility, not just as the toughest guy in Letterkenny, but as the guy who employs Pete. Mm-hmm. It is his responsibility to clean up this mess that j Pete has been gone around town and causing.
Dean: But I do like the statement that where, uh, you know, Dan and Dairy tried to do something about it. Yeah. Yes. That his statement. And
Tiara: there's the difference between a
Awesome: friend and a P. Right. A P will listen to someone talking shit about you, and a friend won't hear a second of it. Right. Yeah. Um, and like as the toughest guy in Letterkenny, he has to go clean up the mess that the Degens are making because they're causing people in the town to be upset. Yep. Like, it's not just they're talking shit about Wayne. They are causing like social discord. Right. And it's Wayne's job to ensure that that doesn't happen. Or if it does happen, he has to go correct it. Right. So, you know, when he go, he even goes, when he goes to Pete's place, he's still looking for a third way. Mm-hmm. He doesn't want to f he doesn't want to be part of Pete's self-fulfilling prophecy.
Tiara: Right. He doesn't
Awesome: want about that like, good thing I'm just some, some DJ from Upcountry and it's like, well, you don't have to be, you weren't always, you used to be part of our community. Yeah. You know, you, you did this to yourself, you can undo it. He
Tiara: was a
Dean: reals. Good guy.
Awesome: I mean, so. Pete's telling himself this story that, you know, he's just hard done by and nobody will give him a chance. And you know, he's just a de from upcountry. So a petty party people freedom party. Yeah. And Wayne's like, you know, you don't have to do this. He's still looking for a way to do Right. By Pete and do right by the rest of the town. Mm-hmm. But Pete forces him to choose, and of course Wayne is going to choose the town. Hmm. Like he literally, he can't choose anything else cuz he wouldn't be the toughest guy in Letterkenny. And he wouldn't be Wayne if he chose something else.
Dean: True. You're so dead.
Tiara: None of that would've occurred to me. That's awesome.
Katy: Thank you. That's
Awesome: awesome. I'm gonna have my own sound effects. Gotta get your
Tiara: theme
Awesome: song. But yeah, no. Um, he, Wayne has been avoiding kicking Pete's ass because he knows it would set Pete's recovery back. Yeah. That's why he doesn't wanna do it. But Pete forces his hand. There's no other way around it. Like, every option that Wayne comes up with Pete kind of just shits on it.
Dean: Mm-hmm. Now, based off the question, Wayne had before, uh, in Influenzas where he said, where he was asking Pete if this was rock bottom. Maybe this is rock bottom after him basically knocking his, knocking the shit out of him, you know? Do you think this might be the impetus of him actually getting some help?
Tiara: I, I don't
Awesome: know. I mean, on average
Tiara: it takes people five to seven tries to get straight.
Awesome: Mm-hmm. You know, so I wouldn't be surprised if this was one attempt of many. I mean, I think Katy kicking him in the nuts was a bit of a come to Jesus moment.
Dean: Well, yeah. Mean he's been kicked. I mean, and he's had to fight the, the, uh, the hicks before. Mm-hmm. So this, right. So this is, I mean, this could be number five right here. I mean, so who knows? I mean, Katy's kicked him in the nuts. Wayne's beat his ass. Uh, he's, um, you know, uh, been.
Tiara: He was in the melee on the res. Yeah. So
Awesome: that's three. And then this one will be four. Yeah. So, you know, I mean,
Dean: it, it,
Awesome: it's very depending on the individual Hmm. Obviously. Um, but yeah, I just, Pete wasn't ready to accept the help that he asked for, so I don't think he's hit rock bottom. Yeah. I don't think he's ready to do the work required to get
Tiara: straight. Do you think that they would, not necessarily driving Pete, but do you think that Letterkenny would go so far as to have like a death or something like that, that couldn't wake somebody up? Well, they had Uncle Eddie's death. Yeah. But Uncle Eddie's death wasn't a character that we knew. No, true. It was just one that had been mentioned. Right. Whereas I like, I don't think we've had a single character die. Um, no.
Awesome: So, so like there's some stuff to do here with genre
Tiara: convention, and then there's also the fact that the stated philosophy of Letterkenny
Awesome: is to just do it for the laughs, right? Like, get as many jokes on the page as possible. This is a comedy, it's not a drama. There is, this is not an afterschool special.
Tiara: Um, a lot of comedies have had dramatic things happen in them, though. I mean, yeah.
Dean: This is, this is not one to hold, you know, to keep away from pulling at heartstrings. So, no,
Tiara: you know, whether it's, maybe it's not somebody that we know very well, like it's not Jn Pete, but it's one of the Degens and Jn Pete, like, then again comes and says, okay, I'm afraid that I'm gonna end up like whoever. It could be that we're watching a very slow redemption arc for this character, that they have maybe a plan for something where he does hit rock bottom. I do, I do kind
Dean: of wonder though, do, do we think they really have that ma that many plans for Degens?
Tiara: I don't know. Why, why would they have a degen trying to make himself better? Yeah.
Dean: I don't know. It's, it's an interesting, uh,
Awesome: it's an interesting proposition. Yeah. I don't know that I actually see
Tiara: it happening though. Hey, Tim,
Dean: we miss y'all too. Hugs to you and John.
Tiara: Sorry. Asked him. He,
Awesome: yeah. No, no. Your grandson. Mm-hmm. But yeah, no, I, um, I don't know. I just don't see it happening.
Dean: Okay. Yeah, I, I mean, But it's an, yeah, it's an interesting thought project, uh, to, you know, to think, to put some depth to it. Um, I, yeah, I kind of, you know, I'm on the side where it's more, you know, they want to keep it more light than anything. Mm-hmm. Uh, they, they may go heavier and shorey, uh, as the, you know, because it's a full on story arc. Uh, whereas this, I mean, the story arcs are, I mean, this one was really just two. I mean, I mean, I suppose you can give that, you know, two seconds where Katy kicks him in the balls, you know, it's two in two seconds. Okay.
Tiara: So for,
Awesome: for all that, we don't see him on screen that much in nudes. He's still quite the focus of the episode, you know. Um, and then also, uh, in influenza's, You know, you do see him. That's when he does come to Wayne and Katy and ask for help and, you know, presents his arguments for why they
Tiara: should. Mm-hmm. And then he does help Katy,
Awesome: and then he does help Katy. So, you know, his arc has been ongoing for four episodes in this series.
Tiara: That's what makes me think that there are future plans for him. Like, yeah, we should, we should be starting to feel something for him. We're disappointed that he chose this path. Maybe in the future he'll come back
Awesome: again.
Tiara: Perhaps. I'm not mad,
Dean: I'm disappointed.
Tiara: Yes.
Awesome: Yeah. Right.
Tiara: I use that line way too much. Ooh. Being a teacher.
Awesome: But yeah, I mean,
Tiara: so you
Awesome: know, Wayne, like I said, Wayne was trying to avoid doing the thing, and then when he finally was forced into doing the one thing he did not want to do, of course he doesn't want to go and party down. He's upset that he had to give up on j Pete. So, yeah. And of course his friends wanna be there with him to commiserate and support him. Okay. Hmm. Because, you know, at one point or another they all were friends with j Pete too, right? Mm-hmm.
Tiara: True.
Dean: I I mean, I'm assuming they weren't all Degens all the time, so, yeah, right. All degens all the time.
Tiara: It sounds like a radio something radio promo.
Awesome: Yeah. Degen mu Mud Wrestling at GAILs on Wednesdays,
Dean: Degen Mud. I like that. I like
Tiara: that. Who would show up for that though?
Dean: I mean, if there's, if there's money in it, I bet any of them.
Tiara: True. True.
Awesome: Yeah. Mcm, you know, McMurray's betting on him.
Tiara: Yeah.
Dean: And, and, and Mrs. McMurray's wanting to get in there with him.
Tiara: Well, with the Mrs
Awesome: you have to like restrain Mrs. Mac from tearing her shirt off and jumping in.
Dean: Well, we're not talking about the skids. We're talking about the deins. Yeah. I meant, I mean, skids are dejas in a way, but different kind of
Tiara: DJs. They're acceptable DJs apparently.
Dean: They're, yeah, they're not to a degree, to a degree. They, they only hurt themselves. They don't fuck with anybody else.
Awesome: Yeah. Skids have boundaries. DJs don't. Yeah.
Tiara: I mean, there's, skid are smart, have some morals. They just don't believe in, um, certain laws and stuff. Sure. Which as an autistic person who has a strong sense of injustice, uh oh yeah. When it, especially when it comes to rules that don't make sense and, you know, politics and shit. Yeah, I get that. Yep, yep, yep, yep, yep, yep.
Dean: All right. What else you got? Anything else?
Tiara: Yeah, that's really
Awesome: it. I am looking for, oh, the one other thing is I, I really feel like, um, 10 and 11 have been a return to form they felt in tone, much more like series
Tiara: one and two.
Awesome: Okay. Yeah. Than I can see that. So I have really enjoyed both 10 and 11. Like, um, I know a lot of people are saying it's not their favorite series, but I'm
Tiara: like, I, I love it. This
Awesome: is, I think they're at the top of their form. I, I don't have anything negative to say
Tiara: about. This series
Awesome: as a whole. Um, like I, I've got a couple nitpicks about some things. Like I don't find the whole, uh, Dan being, um, a,
Tiara: um,
Awesome: so preachy. Yeah. Very funny. And I think that's, uh, lamb puting, people who do have like, sincerely held beliefs
Tiara: that I don't appreciate. Well, I do
Dean: think it's, you know, like I said, I, I, I think them, it's more of a statement about you can believe all these things and, and be that person. You can be that person without saying, this is my personality. I'm, I'm not, I'm gonna wear this. Yeah. As he is actually wearing it, as his personality. Yeah. I mean, yeah, you don't need to be that person. Um, because if, if you just are a kind decent person and believe people need to be treated equally, Then there you are. You're there.
Tiara: Yeah.
Awesome: And, and there is, you know, something to be said for like performance, performative outrage and what have you. Mm-hmm. Um, all, oh, my other one. Little quibble is there is a wrong way to be a feminist. If you're a turf,
Tiara: get fucked. Dying,
Awesome: fired.
Katy: That's true. Mm-hmm. Then
Tiara: you're not,
Dean: there you go. I mean, if you're a turf, then you're not a feminist, you're just a turd.
Tiara: Fair. Right. Fair, fair. It's hard to call someone like that, a feminist, because it goes against a lot of actual feminism ideas. Right. To exclude somebody. But anyway, I digress.
Dean: Yeah.
Tiara: Are we,
Awesome: uh, I'm looking forward to series 12. Can't wait to see it. Me too.
Tiara: Yeah, it's, but I am definitely looking forward to, uh, more Shorey.
Dean: Oh yeah. Without a doubt. But in the meantime
Katy: Oh, oh,
Dean: yep. Fire Ferta, as everybody knows, if you ever listen to us once or twice, that uh, fir fuck Fight Feta is our version of Fuck Mary. Kill. We don't wanna kill anybody. Uh, but we do wanna fight him. Um, and we're not marrying him. We're just gonna fuck him. So, uh, so Ferta is just our, you, you're being
Tiara: pals. So you're my buddy buddy. Yeah. I'll be your pal, pal. I'll,
Dean: I'll be your buddy pal. Ah, what are you buddy? Oh, get off, get off the keyboard over there. Whatever you're doing. Me? Yeah, I think What's happening? Where's the keyboard? Okay, now it
Tiara: stopped. Okay. It was doing, yeah, I don't have table space. I put my
Katy: notebook on it. Oh.
Dean: Anyway, uh, as we do. We're gonna start off with Wayne.
Tiara: Wayne. Wayne.
Dean: I think, uh, we know where
Tiara: Awesome. Yeah. Awesome is you're gonna fuck him, right?
Awesome: Yeah, go ahead.
Tiara: Uh, fur for me.
Dean: Yeah. Um, yeah, I, I'm, I'm with the fur on this one. Um, Katy,
Tiara: I was about to say, um, I res I really respect what she's trying to do with trying to be the doc guy at, uh, um, in Letterkenny. Uh, you know, I, I feel like that storyline was a little circa in 1997, but then again I was on the West Coast and, but anyway, uh, yeah. Um, God damn. I still say feta like the, I love that she's taking care of her brother, but making him go to an appointment and stuff. But yeah.
Katy: Yeah. Okay. All right. Awesome. Yeah, no, I, I fuck
Awesome: Katy. I would always fuck
Tiara: Katy seriously.
Dean: You know, and, and I, I'm kind of leaning to fuck, uh, don't, I usually don't with Katy, but I, I am, because the whole bangs thing was just too fucking, fucking, the bang thing was
Tiara: adorable. Adorable,
Awesome: right. I, how the right time you should
Tiara: get. I love that.
Dean: I was, yeah. That was the one moment of there that really stood
Tiara: out to me. Did you guys notice
Awesome: how like, delicately they were holding their little
Tiara: crackers and some Yes. So, sure. Cutie? Yes.
Awesome: Yeah. And how slowly, like they were anticipating and drawing, you know, before they took their
Tiara: bite.
Dean: Oh, yeah. And they, yeah. Perfectly timed all at the same distance. Oh yeah. Barbs, uh, Daniel
Tiara: Daniel,
Awesome: he needs a good stern
Tiara: talking to feta.
Dean: Yeah. I'm, I'm almost, yeah. Yeah. I'm, I'm, I'm kind of at a, I'm, I'm in a fight with Daniel here. Yeah. I, I, you know, you, because I totally agree. I mean, shut up. You've been told, you've been told,
Tiara: we all know Daniel. Yeah. We've
Dean: known for fucking 10 seasons.
Tiara: So it's not like you're in ti
Awesome: It's not like you're subtle or anything. No.
Dean: Right.
Tiara: Uh, there's nothing wrong with being a feminist. No. But you do not have to broadcast it with everything. You should be a feminist. Yes. Everyone should be a feminist. There's nothing wrong with that. No. But like many, many things don't make it your whole personality. Yeah. Uh, dairy, uh, dairy means
Awesome: a friendly dope
Tiara: slap. Yeah.
Dean: So is that a, is that a feta or is that a fight?
Tiara: That's a feta. Feta. Yeah. I. Continue to not be sure how I feel about dairy. Like his character. I, I love some parts of him and really don't like other parts. And so it's, it's like a constant battle of do I even like this character? Like, how do I feel here?
Dean: Yeah. I, I'm, I'm the same with Dan on this. I'm, uh, I'm fighting dairy. Yeah. You know, he's, he's being a hit, he's being a piece of shit. He's almost to McMurray level in this episode. Um, but, uh, and I kind of almost say that, you know, that McMurray's better in this episode than dairy is. Mm-hmm. Uh, but there's only a little bit of McMurray. So, um, Gaylor,
Katy: uh,
Awesome: Gail's done nothing wrong. I'll fuck her.
Tiara: I, I mean, she kind of set D up. Yeah. That's
Dean: kind of where I'm going. I'm not fight
Tiara: on her needs
Awesome: to be, you know how sometimes you have to trip someone up so that they, you know, see what's actually going on right in front of them?
Tiara: Yeah. I just don't think that that's a way that Darryl's ever gonna
Dean: learn. I, yeah. I think he's gonna have to, he's gonna have to hit it instead of someone telling him. Yeah. So, uh, so, uh,
Tiara: McMurray, oh, by the way, that was, uh, feta for me. I, I thought, yeah. Cool. Yeah. Um, McMurray Murray Ferta, he's, you know, making sure that, that Wayne knows that someone's talking shit about him. And, you know, if, if he wants to fuck his wife, just, just tell him, you know, he's, he's ready to be a pal here, man. I mean, he won't tell me. He's friends. We're friends here,
Awesome: so feta. Yeah. McMurray's not objectionable in this episode.
Tiara: So feta.
Awesome: Yeah.
Dean: Mrs. Mack.
Tiara: Oh, sorry. The yawns apparently have just caught me cut it. Uh,
Awesome: um,
Tiara: as always, even in as little, uh, as seen as she was in like, super great comedic timing. Mm-hmm. And like, I mean, I can't mime it because you don't see anything below like my chest. But yeah, she's fantastic. I just love her. Um, I'm still gonna say fired up because she is so chronically drunk. I feel like there couldn't be consent there to my satisfaction. I think she's a functional drunk. She's, she's a very functional drunk, but that does not mean that, uh, I'm comfortable with that consent. Understood.
Dean: Maybe if you ask her first thing in the morning,
Tiara: you
Dean: know, Do
Awesome: you think she's sober? She's probably still loaded from the night
Tiara: before. Yeah, that's what
Dean: I was thinking. She has a hangover.
Tiara: Yeah. Yeah.
Awesome: No, I, I'll refer to
Tiara: Mrs. Mack.
Dean: All right. I'm fucking her.
Tiara: Good for you. Good for you.
Dean: Uh, jiving pee fight. What? Fight? Uh, fleet. Fuck Fight Ferta. Uh, yeah. We're all on the same page. Oh yeah. Um,
Tiara: stir
Awesome: feta,
Tiara: both him and Rollie, because they were, they were, well, I didn't like the way they were completely Oh. Ridiculously laughing at dairy. Oh my God. Yeah. That was, that was a bit overboard. Like, I, I think it, it, it could have been great if it just stayed at, you know, um, Stewart being like, I'm the buller hat guy. And Rollie being like, I'm the bandana guy. And if you wanna be the top, not guy, be the top nod guy, just, you know, Know that other people are laughing at you instead of being like, oh my
Awesome: God, that was so
Dean: hot. So are y'all feta? Is everybody feta?
Tiara: Awesome.
Awesome: Uh, I'll feta Rome, but I'll fight, steer
Tiara: it just on principle.
Dean: Okay, so that's legit because I have, I have them separate, so, yeah.
Tiara: Um, that's legit. I'm forted for Rolly Cause, cause
Awesome: Stuart really was the instigator on that one. Mm-hmm.
Tiara: I, I rollie kept it going though. He was the, the first one. Rollie
Awesome: kept it going. But's also such a fucking
Tiara: sim.
Dean: Yes. I'm gonna give, I, I, I'll, I'll give Stuart a, a stern talking to but uh,
Awesome: with the flat on my hand.
Dean: So, uh, roll D Are we all for it on that or,
Tiara: yeah.
Katy: Yes.
Dean: All right. Uh, RI and Jonesy
Tiara: for, I wanna go to their birthday party week.
Awesome: Yeah. I infer to them they're just beautiful, dumb dumbs. Although, I do think it is a bit silly to make your a birthday week. Like if it, what's, what makes you happy, go on. But like, frankly, just give me a bottle of wine, a loaf of bread, and leave me alone.
Tiara: That's totally valid. Some people wanna celebrate their birthdays, some people don't. And that's
Dean: okay. I mean, I don't, I don't really celebrate my birthday, but I do take off the entire
Tiara: week. Mm-hmm. Because you're about to go into the shitty time of the year. Well, not, it's my
Dean: birthday. It's my birthday and it's Veteran's Day. Mm-hmm. So I usually right in the same area, so I just. Grabbed that week.
Tiara: That's like when I was a kid vicinity. Uh, the, the day between semesters usually ended up giving me a three day weekend around my birthday.
Katy: Ah.
Dean: Uh, and I finally, I think I've got Annick, I think, uh, yeah.
Tiara: Um,
Awesome: feta, she
Tiara: didn't do anything. I'm standing, although
Awesome: she, I I do like that she, uh, says that dairy looks like all her cousins. Yeah. With the team. Yes. Um,
Tiara: yeah. I, and then he looks
Awesome: so disappointed, like I'm pretty sure that Right. DA's exactly what Gail was aiming for. Yep.
Tiara: That's another part of what makes me think or makes me wonder if Gail is interested in dairy because like, it felt like she was doing that so that Anique would laugh at him and he would, you know, maybe, you know, give up on Anique, but also like, maybe think about her cuz she was like, oh, talking about these guys like, Mm-hmm. She convinced me that she was sleeping with at least a few of them. Mm-hmm. So,
Katy: anyway.
Dean: So Did I miss anybody?
Tiara: I don't think
Awesome: so. I don't think so. I think we got 'em
Tiara: all.
Dean: Yeah. There was no Glen, no Jim, uh, no Rosie? No. There was Rosie.
Tiara: Uh, there was Rosie there. Uh, there
Dean: was Rosie. Yeah, there was Rosie. Um, I'm fair enough. There's somebody else I'm thinking of. Uh oh. You know I did. Yeah. The, the optometrist.
Tiara: Oh yeah.
Awesome: Oh yeah. Oh, that's what's her nuts. That was trying to buy Ritz off Stewart and rolled in,
Tiara: uh, series sports. Oh, right.
Dean: The Ritalin. She was trying to buy Ritalin. Oh, okay.
Katy: Yeah.
Dean: Nice. Uh, I'm fucking her.
Tiara: Yeah. Yeah, me too actually. She was cute and funny. Yeah. Awesome. Yeah, I'll fuck her. And,
Awesome: um, by the way, Rosie, I'll fuck, I'll fuck her. I'll fuck Rosie. You'll fuck Rosie too.
Tiara: Absolut, I say feta for Rosie because she was kind of Mm,
Awesome: a leader in the meeting. She was not doing anything different than Wayne or Katy has ever done. I didn't say that.
Tiara: I didn't say it was any different, and I have chosen not to fuck those two on many occasions. So
Dean: where, where are we with
Tiara: Rosie Feta for me, feta for Awesome. I'm fucking Rosie.
Dean: Uh, let's see. Yeah, I'm, it's, it sometimes hit or miss, miss with me, with Rosie as well. Mm-hmm. Uh, I'm more a fuck Rosie, but not, not in this instance. So, um, so yeah, I'm, I'm feta on it. I'm not fighting her. I'm, I'm, I'm not mad. I'm just
Tiara: disappointed. I, I
Awesome: actually, I really like how Rosy and Katy are on the same page so frequently.
Tiara: Mm-hmm.
Dean: Well, yeah, and I'm, I'm with them, but they don't have to. I'm just tired of being mean about it. Yeah. You don't have to be mean about it. I know that. And that's the trope and that's the, yep. It goes back to what I was saying the entire season. It's all about it's tropes and tropes and tropes. Um, I mean, they hit heavy on 'em this season, it seems. Yeah.
Tiara: So, I mean, water county's never been a particularly subtle show either.
Dean: No, but this, this one feels really heavy with it. And maybe it's just because of the amount of time between them, but that I've, that it makes it more noticeable. But it really seems to have stuck out in this season. Well,
Tiara: and like,
Awesome: I don't know,
Tiara: sometimes it feels
Awesome: like there, the audience
Tiara: does not pick up on a
Awesome: point from like an earlier episode or an earlier series. Mm-hmm. And they feel like they have to reiterate their point Louder, but more louder. Yep.
Tiara: Yep. This time so
Awesome: that people
Tiara: get It
Dean: could be, yeah. I mean, it could, I would love
Tiara: to see a, uh,
Awesome: sequel to hard Right. J that was more louder. Cause I feel like some of the people did not understand the point of that episode. Agreed. Oh, agreed.
Katy: Agreed.
Dean: Uh, so I think that's everybody now. So, uh, final thoughts before, uh,
Tiara: We head out. I very much am looking forward to the next season, um, because I'm looking forward to seeing what they do with the world's not ending all around them while filming. Right. So, because that, I, I do feel like that, and maybe it's what affected me was perceiving it from the now traumatized brain that I have. Um, like I'm, I'm excited to see what they do to get back to like a normal season.
Dean: I know they've, they've just started shooting, uh, Shorey, uh, Shorey. Um, yeah. Do, do we know what's going on with season 12? Not yet. Okay.
Tiara: All right. Awesome. We'll know before we do,
Dean: probably. Um, alright, so if there are no final thoughts, uh, awesome. Hang out with us a little bit. Uh, but we're gonna do an outro, so, uh, bye. Yeah. Uh, so yeah. Yeah. Where's my stuff? There we go. Somewhere. There's my stuff. All right, Maestro, let's go. Thanks for tuning in to another episode of How Are You Now with your favorite groups of Hicks, skids, hockey players, Christians, and DJs. We hope you enjoyed our chat with Anti Austin Austin today, and we look forward to having her back in the future. Join us next week as we welcome the produce Stan host Al Grego, to recap the entire season with us. Don't forget to subscribe to our podcast and leave us a rating or review. So as we like to say, until next time, keep your head up and don't be spare parts
Tiara: bud.