In the In Vino Fabulum podcast, episode no. 10 we are joined by Kelee Pacion (@saguaromelee) who works as a librarian in the Albert R. Mann Library at Cornell University. Her background is in STEM instruction, information literacy, and instructional design. She is the library liaison to Molecular Biology and Genetics, Neurobiology and Behavior, Microbiology, and the Cornell Institute for Public Affairs. Her primary focus as the instruction coordinator is on curriculum mapping, instruction planning, and working with Wikipedia as a means of teaching applied communication skills.
- Twitter: @saguaromelee
- LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/keleepacion/
- LibGuides @ Cornell: http://guides.library.cornell.edu/prf.php?account_id=219
- Investigative Biology Teaching Laboratories (BIOG 1500 course @ Cornell) https://investigativebiology.cornell.edu/
- SciComm: In this communication course, scientists are the storytellers https://investigativebiology.cornell.edu/scicomm/
- How many women edit Wikipedia? https://blog.wikimedia.org/2015/04/30/how-many-women-edit-wikipedia/
- Why do so Few Women Edit Wikipedia? https://hbr.org/2016/06/why-do-so-few-women-edit-wikipedia
- Gender bias on Wikipedia https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gender_bias_on_Wikipedia
- Wikipedia editing marathons add women's voices to online resource https://www.houstonchronicle.com/life/article/Adding-women-s-voices-to-Wikipedia-12344424.php
“So why say don’t use it? Just teach people how to use it correctly, and then they can use it as a launch point.” ~Kelee’s advice for Wikipedia as a starting point for research for higher ed learners.
Wikipedia at 15: in decline but condition isn’t terminal – so what may the future hold? https://theconversation.com/wikipedia-at-15-in-decline-but-condition-isnt-terminal-so-what-may-the-future-hold-53185
Stay tuned and connect to the #InVinoFab Podcast:
What is The #InVinoFab Podcast?
The #InVinoFab Podcast uncorks to share stories about women+, wine, and work through personal stories. In Vino Fabulum, means: In Wine, Story! Co-hosts @ProfPatrice & @LauraPasquini bring different voices and ideas to the pod to challenge, learn, and engage listeners for issues and ideas impacting women in their communities and at work. These narrative episodes are delightfully paired with interesting projects, workplace experiences, helpful learning anecdotes, and creative discoveries for how women live today. Listen to the podcast and join the conversation at @InVinoFab (Instagram & Twitter).