In today’s Startup Therapy Podcast, Wil and Ryan talk about admitting you made a mistake. Oftentimes, it becomes difficult for leaders, including founders to admit that they’ve made the wrong decision or chose the wrong option. It’s the kind of vulnerability that no one wants to show. But if leaders can’t admit that they are wrong, no one else in the organization will.
- Startup Therapy Podcast
- Join our Network of Top Founders
- Send an email to email@example.com
- 00:00 Intro
- 00:09 Founders fundamentally mess up and that’s okay
- 04:54 The longer you admit that something’s wrong, the worse it gets
- 10:32 COVID pushed organizations to strategically respond to the situation
- 16:26 Make people understand why you made a mistake
- 20:49 If founders can’t admit that “I messed up”, no one else will
- 23:25 When something goes wrong, it matters how you talk about it
- 28:23 Vulnerability comes with issues, but comes with benefits as well
What is Startup Therapy?
The "No BS" version of how startups are really built, taught by actual startup Founders who have lived through all of it. Hosts Wil Schroter and Ryan Rutan talk candidly about the intense struggles Founders face both personally and professionally as they try to turn their idea into something that will change the world.