My guest on this episode is the name whisperer - Louise Karch. Louise is a lover of language, a self confessed word nerd and a recovering Canadian. She is also the author of Word Glue - Find Your Million Dollar Brand Name which is the naming handbook for professionals.
- Ken Segall - Former Apple Creative Director and author of Think Simple & Insanely Simple
- Bruno Mars
- Judy Garland
- The benefits and protections of trade marking the names you use and why you should consider trade marking your name
- Why the attention economy makes it essential to have a name that is remarkable
- Alvin Tofler-coined the term infobesity
- How having a name that stands out can help you compete against CocaCola’s $2B marketing budget - maybe closer to $6B?
- Be brave not blah
- Choose a name worthy of discussion
- “Do you like this name?” isn’t the right question to ask. Don’t ask people for their opinion. Opinion doesn’t matter. The only thing that matters is “Does this get noticed (by those you seek to serve)?”
- Tips on how you can get helpful feedback on your naming ideas
- The process the brain takes when it hears a new name:
- An attentional cue is fired…Do I notice this?
- A feeling happens…What do I feel?
- We make meaning of it…What do I think?
- Rent a Head - creativity idea promoted by Todd Sampson to get you unstuck. Imagine you are your favourite expert in the field where you need advice/support - what would they do in this situation?
- What is your relationship with your name?
- Why Louise stays out of the baby naming game - Abbisiddy, anyone?
- A name is an evolving thing
- Our names evolve over the course of our lifetimes, as does what we want that name to represent and communicate
- Stage names and nom de plumes
- Le Gateau Chocolat
- Meow Meow
- Freedom to act differently, behave differently , be braver
- Robert Zimmerman > Robert Allen > Elston Gunn > Bob Dylan
- The power of 3 syllables
- Is a name that starts with B more trustworthy than one that starts with C?
- We want names that stick. Names worthy of being talked about
- Ken Davenport - The Producer’s Perspective Blog
What is Studio Time?
A podcast about the big and small ways artists can change the world. Discover the unconventional approaches that artists have developed to create unique results in their lives and careers. Learn how you can apply these ideas to transform your own work.