In this episode, Benjamin and Matthew talk with Nils Adermann about integrating with third-party APIs in PHP. We also talk about handling retries and timeouts, writing tests, incremental backoffs, rolling rate windows, vendor horror stories — plus loads more! Nils shared a load of excellent advice that you can start using today.
- Handling retries and timeouts
- Efficiently and effectively working with multiple API vendors
- How to work with vendors when their actions break your apps
- Different types of responses (the good and the bad)
- Writing tests
- Using incremental backoffs
- Working with rolling rate windows
- Plus loads load more — including some vendor horror stories!
What is The Undercover ElePHPant?
The Undercover ElePHPant is a podcast about scaling and optimizing your PHP applications. Each week, Benjamin Eberlei and Matthew Setter sit down with an expert from the PHP community to discuss a specific aspect of highly performant PHP applications.