Codeless eComm platform Elliot is creating a lot of buzz in the eCommerce world right now, and with good reason. Co-founder and Head of Marketing, Marco Marandiz, is a veteran of the consumer tech space, and he’s all about using that experience to push the market into exciting, unexplored territory.
This conversation digs into the ways that commerce is revolutionizing right now. Kristen and Marco go deep on multichannel marketing, brand building, entering a vertical with really established competition, using social media channels natively, and so much more.
- Creating a cohesive set of experiences through the whole customer journey means nailing down your tech and focusing on intangibles
- Creating a “value add” at every touchpoint instead of independent experiences
- How Elliot is built to even the digital playing field
- Marketing to individuals vs marketing to organizations
- The connections between DTC and SaaS/consumer tech
- “You can’t optimize brand marketing. You have to feel it- and oh my god, I hate saying that.”
- Looking at selling as a process largely external to your site
- Drops are way more interesting than teasing a release
- To meaningfully use a channel, you need to both create and consume from it
- Connect with Marco on Twitter: @allthingsmarco
What is Playing for Keeps?
Retaining customers has never been more important for eCommerce businesses. Join Kristen LaFrance, eCommerce retention specialist and head of community at Churn Buster, as she interviews guests from the top subscription businesses to learn how the best in the DTC space are retaining customers. If you're growing a subscription based business, running a subscribe and save program on your site, or just plain interested in hearing stories from the top DTC businesses, Playing for Keeps is for you.