Emily Goligoski is the research director for the Membership Puzzle Project. In this episode we talk about her research, and what they've learned at the project about growing thriving membership programs. This conversation was packed full of information and insights, enjoy!
Emily Goligoski has some answers.
She's one of the leading experts on membership programs, audience research, and user experience for newsrooms.
In this episode we go over:
- Her research and key findings
- Subscribers vs members
- Transparency, uniqueness, mission and other key factors in success
- How to understand your audience on a deep level
- Being "real" with your readers
- Why multiple revenue streams are crucial and how to cultivate them
- The publisher membership funnel (expose, attract, engage, deepen, convert)
- Key lessons from other member-driven organisations
- How to create the cultural shifts necessary in your organisation to win at membership
For an in depth write up based on this interview check out this piece
Check out the Membership Puzzle Project for amazing content on related topics
What is Digital Media Growth Podcast?
The Digital Media Growth Podcast features leaders and experts in digital publishing - helping you stay on top of key industry trends while growing your audience and revenue. We interview experts each week who’ll cover how to deal with platforms, engage your readers, drive subscriptions and reader revenue and find new innovative ways to monetize. Brought to you by MobiLoud - the easiest way for publishers to create powerful native mobile apps.