You could be one of a select number of guests who may get a chance to ride Tron Lightcycle Run at Disney's Magic Kingdom Park before it opens on April 4, 2023. This story plus the latest good news from Walt Disney World and Disneyland, and more Disney news.
Disney travelers are anticipating the opening of TRON Lightcycle / Run, which is scheduled to officially open on Tuesday, April 4, 2023 at Disney's Magic Kingdom Park.
We don't know the details yet, but there will likely be a rush to get a spot once details are announced.
The story of the ride is that it picks up after the “TRON: Legacy” story where Kevin’s son, Sam Flynn, has opened a second gateway into a digital world called the Grid. The first portal to this world was built at Shanghai Disneyland with the original TRON Lightcycle Power Run. So it's fun how Disney has worked to continue the story and didn't just make this a copy of the Shanghai version.
- If you're a Walt Disney World Annual Passholder you'll soon be able to visit the theme parks after 2:00 p.m. without needing a park pass reservation. The only exclusions are Saturdays and Sundays at Magic Kingdom Park and pass blackout dates.
- You can once again self-park at Walt Disney World hotels at no cost when you are a guest staying there.
- When you buy Disney Genie+ you'll also get free digital downloads of Disney PhotoPass attraction photos taken in the park on the day of your purchase.
- Starting February 4, 2023, if you have a Disneyland theme park ticket with a Magic Key pass or a Park Hopper ticket you can start hopping two hours earlier – starting at 11:00 a.m.
- Disneyland will offer nearly two-months-worth of $104 park ticket dates throughout 2023, which means more opportunities to enjoy the lowest price one-day, one-park tickets.
- Disney PhotoPass digital photo downloads taken on any Disney PhotoPass attraction during a park visit will be complimentary for ticketed park guests on the Disneyland app starting February 4 and lasting for the Disney 100 celebration.
- Disneyland Resort will make select Magic Key passes available for new sales from time to time throughout 2023 as pass inventory becomes available.
- The Volcanic Vertical body slide will be unavailable from January 16 – February 3, 2023.
- The Tubestone Curl tube slide will be unavailable from February 20 to March 10, 2023 and
Thank You for Listening to the Disney Travel Podcast
Thank you very much for listening to this episode, Amelia and I hope that you enjoyed it. If you did, we would be very grateful if you could rate, review and subscribe to the show on Apple Podcasts/iTunes (or on whichever app you choose to listen). A brief review about what you liked most about an episode truly helps to keep the show going by exposing it to new listeners. We look forward to continue producing new episodes each week.
Sharing the podcast with your friends and on social media is also extremely helpful and very much appreciated.
Shop 1923 Main Street
Feel free to visit our 1923 Main Street® Disney merchandise shop where we have hundreds of unique and original Disney-inspired t-shirts, leggings, clothing, mugs, phone cases and much more. You'll find everything from 1923 Main Street logo merchandise to custom created authentic Disney-inspired originals, including lots of great patterns for leggings and other items.
Contact 1923 Main Street
Thank you for listening to the Disney Travel News Podcast at 1923MainStreet.com. As always, we love to get feedback and questions from our listeners and to hear your suggestions and ideas for future episodes.
Please be sure to follow along on Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest and Facebook.
Thank you for listening and have a magical day!
Mike Belobradic and Amelia Belobradic
Media provided by Jamendo
Creators & Guests
What is 1923 Main Street: The Disney Travel Podcast?
1923 Main Street® is an award-winning* Disney travel podcast hosted by the father daughter team of Mike Belobradic and Amelia Belobradic. This is your source for the latest Disney travel news and what it all means for you.
Join Mike and Amelia for fun-filled informative discussions as they share the latest Disney travel news every week. Get the latest news for travel to Disney destinations, including Walt Disney World Resort, Disneyland Resort, Disney Vacation Club (including Disney Aulani in Hawaii and Disney's Vero Beach Resort in Florida), Disneyland Paris and more.
In each episode, Mike and Amelia discuss the very latest Disney travel news from resort hotels, to Disney dining, VIP experiences, special events, theme parks and more. Mike has over 50 years and 100+ weeks of onsite Disney travel experience, while Amelia brings a younger perspective to the table with 11+ years and well over 30 weeks of onsite Disney travel experiences at the age of 14.
*1923 Main Street: The Disney Travel Podcast won the Canadian Podcast Award for Outstanding Kids & Family Series in 2022 and has been nominated for Best Podcast Awards at the People's Choice Podcast Awards and the Canadian Podcast Awards.