Software Engineer and Engineering lead at Brainspace Ventures Group, Omolara Adejuwon, who also led and was among the founding engineering team at Gokada , shares her experience and learnings leading engineering teams; the good, the bad and the ugly.
- How did you respond to your first task as an engineering lead? (10:00)
- What are the expected traits and qualities of a good engineering lead? (12:30)
- Can a C.T.O also play the role of an engineering lead? (15:53)
- How do you determine if a project is at risk to your team and company as an engineering lead?(17:55)
- How do you calm a stormy situation in your team? (21:34)
- Ever experienced any form of insurbodination due to gender or field experience? (26:22)
- What do you look out for while adding a new member to your team? (28:37)
- What metrics do you use in measuring your team's performance? (31:14)
- Any worse moments as an engineering lead? (37:30)
- What are the things you know now that you wished you knew before hand? (39:28)
- Would you advice intending engineering leads to attend bootcamps/trainings on it or learn on the job?(43:44)
- What are your best practices to leading engineering teams? (46:28)
What is forloop Pod?
Technical talks, tech reviews and personality interviews from people on their software development or design journey in Africa and across the globe