This week we're joined by public health expert Elaine Hyshka who helps us break down the drug poisoning crisis and what we can, should, and aren't doing about it.
- Edmonton doctors band together to battle Alberta's deepening opioid crisis
- Opinion: COVID-19 crisis is likely to blame for Alberta's rising overdoses
- Edmonton opioid crisis: Daily deaths, overdoses overwhelming social services and health-care system
- 'Keeping these people alive': A volunteer team works to reverse overdoses in Edmonton
- Canada's drug policy — not drugs — is killing people at record numbers, advocates say
- Portraits of loss: One hundred lives, felled by an overdose crisis
- Canada's opioid crisis (fact sheet)
- International Overdose Awareness Day
- Edmontonians march for better outreach, action on opioid crisis on International Overdose Awareness Day
- Elaine's tweet
What is Speaking Municipally?
Taproot Edmonton presents a weekly discussion on key stories in municipal politics. We pay attention to City Council so you don't have to! Join us as we delve into conversations about the context surrounding decisions made at City Hall.