Time is the element that we can't take back. I believe time management is one of the most essential and valuable skills you can have in life. If you don't use your time wisely, you will achieve your work goals and reach your personal goals even less. Here are 10 tips that will help you manage your time for maximum productivity.
- Knowing your Goals - Setting goals should not be haphazard; you should only set goals within your control and realistically achievable.
- Understanding How You Spend Your Time - A month-long assessment is a great way to get an idea of your current habits. You'll be shocked at how much time you waste on tasks that you could easily avoid if you do this.
- Prioritizing Your Tasks - Do the most important and daunting tasks first.
- Planning Ahead - Set your daily schedule by deciding what you need to accomplish that day. Often doing this the evening before will ensure your day is set up for success.
- Time Blocking - To boost productivity is time-blocking using the Pomodoro Method.
- Protecting Your Time - You are the boss of your work. Sometimes it's not only okay to say no; it's required. You don't have to agree to everything someone asks of you.
- Walking Away - One of the best pieces of advice I ever received is this: Don't get attached to anything that is not moving forward. In other words, abandon or re-associate with people who are bogged down with the problems of yesterday.
- Declutter and Organize Your Space - Keeping things unorganized will cause your mind to wander off into the "doldrums" and prevent you from becoming mentally overloaded with the tasks at hand.
- Eliminate Mental Distractions - Distractions are tricky. In general, bad habits, natural inclinations to find distractions, and restless minds are all time-wasters.
- Work-Life Balance - You must prioritize yourself, your own needs and desires, along your overall goals.
Links For This Episode:
What is Digital Marketing Made Simple with Jennie Lyon?
How do you grow your online business? Grow your email list? Build a social media following? Start a webinar, online course, or podcast? For many people, creating a profitable online business is the dream. Discover why thousands of online business owners have turned to Jennie Lyon to help them grow their online business using digital marketing and virtual assistant services. Jennie shares her best digital marketing tips, practices, and strategies to get you optimal results!