Lots of transit this week! In the last election "BRT" was the dogwhistle word candidates use to say "I hate transit"; we'll help you learn about the new words councillors are using today! Meanwhile downtown, two community leagues are pushing back against a new tower development. How much density is too much?
- 'Not ... an essential service': Free transit debate exposes divisions on council
- Edmonton councillor’s transit inquiry gets rough ride from city council
- Edmonton city council kicks free transit idea to curb
- Don Iveson Tweet
- 13 signatures mark a major milestone for regional transit in Edmonton area
- Edmonton Global officially launches to attract investment to the Edmonton Metro Region
- Council approves a near doubling of density for two downtown towers
- Too many towers? Council grapples with looming question of how much is too much
- Don’t get too excited about supertall building proposals in Edmonton
What is Speaking Municipally?
Taproot Edmonton presents a weekly discussion on key stories in municipal politics. We pay attention to City Council so you don't have to! Join us as we delve into conversations about the context surrounding decisions made at City Hall.