Eco-conscious business is a hot topic right now, but what does that really mean for DTC brands? How do businesses adopt sustainable practices and remain competitive in the market?
As a writer and researcher for BigCommerce, Corinne Watson is all about understanding the ways that brands build sustainability into their processes. She and Kristen talk about the larger cultural and economic trends shaping the conversation right now, as well as simple, actionable steps brands can take to lower their footprint.
Bonus: what changing demographics mean for the DTC space.
- Want more from Corinne? Connect with her on Twitter (@corinnejuliette) and check out her work here: bigcommerce.com/blog
- How sustainability can become a retention tool
- By the end of 2020, brands that don’t have sustainability programs in place are going to be differentiated- but not in a good way
- DTC brands are much nimbler than large retailers and can pivot in new directions with a lot less work
- Introducing eco-friendly initiatives gradually
- Figuring out better approaches to shipping (and reducing return rates)
- Sustainable practices can become a great source of user-generated content and organic conversation around your brand
- Wait, but what’s greenwashing?
- Thriving in the upcoming shakeup of DTC brands
What is Playing for Keeps?
Retaining customers has never been more important for eCommerce businesses. Join Kristen LaFrance, eCommerce retention specialist and head of community at Churn Buster, as she interviews guests from the top subscription businesses to learn how the best in the DTC space are retaining customers. If you're growing a subscription based business, running a subscribe and save program on your site, or just plain interested in hearing stories from the top DTC businesses, Playing for Keeps is for you.