Dr. Rebecca Roy has built a successful practice helping entertainment industry professionals reach their goals. Topics addressed in this event include: Frequent Causes of Writers Block and other forms of Severe Creative Inhibition, Specific Challenges for Creative People including Drugs, Alcohol, Untreated Organic Mental Illness, Unexpected Benefits of Working Through Creative Blocks, Carl Jung, CBT, and Other Therapeutic Lenses through which Creative Blocks can be understood and treated.
Dr. Rebecca Roy has built a successful practice helping entertainment industry professionals reach their goals, manage their stress, and deal with the natural ebb and flow of creative careers. She is a Licensed Clinical Psychologist (PSY 28773) with both a Ph.D. and a Master’s Degree in Clinical Psychology (MFT 45901) and she has 12 years experience as a psychotherapist licensed to treat both individuals and couples. She uses evidence-based treatment approaches which are both solution-focused and long-lasting which help her patients reach their goals while remaining grounded, sane, and creative.
She is a former coach of Olympic athletes and has over 20 years of experience helping people reach their goals, including many writers. She has been featured in the New York Times, LA Times, Reuters, CNN and many other major media.
Topics addressed include:
- Frequent Causes of Writers Block and other forms of Severe Creative Inhibition
- How these Inhibitions Creep into the Lives of Creative Professionals
- How External Forces Can Exacerbate Creative Inhibition
- Entertainment Industry Specific Challenges for Creative People including Drugs, Alcohol, Untreated Organic Mental Illness, etc.
- The Impact of Creative Inhibitions on the Work and Well Being of Creative People
- Self Help Solutions that Don’t Help at All for Those “Blocked” in Creative Pursuits
- How Psychologists Understand and Treating Creative Impairments
- The Unexpected Benefits of Working Through Creative Blocks
- Carl Jung, CBT, and Other Therapeutic Lenses through which Creative Blocks can be understood and treated.
If you are a creative professional working to write, produce, act, etc, you can find the support and active community you need at www.NancyFultonMeetups.com.
What is Help For Hollywood's Creative Pros by NancyFultonMeetups?
This podcast features expert interviews and how-to podcasts designed to help writers, producers, and actors master the unique skills they need to earn a good living from their work. We currently support well over 50,000 entertainment industry pros with a wide variety of workshops and resources. To get 140+ Workbooks, Videos, and Attend Live Events sign up at nancyfultonmeetups.com