On this episode of the podcast, I am joined by Joel Heath. Joel is founder & CEO of FluidStance, the world's first work platform that elicits subtle movement where you are stuck working. His personal purpose is to move the world and FluidStance's purpose is to help set the world in motion.
This episode is brought to you by the University of California Irvine Division of Continuing Education. Their courses and certification programs in various fields are available worldwide and online for just about anyone who's interested. You can get 15% off of one course by visiting http://ce.uci.edu/productivityist then enter the promo code timecrafting. Keep in mind that this offer is only valid until December 31, 2019 at 11:59
Specifics that we covered on the show include:
- How I've been using my FluidStance deck (2:30)
- What FluidStance is and why Joel started FluidStance (3:06)
- How the FluidStance fits into my office "productivity zones" (6:19)
- Joel describes what he calls "The 70-20-10 Model" (7:05)
- How Joel approaches the concept of moderation in various areas of his life (9:56)
- Joel's thoughts on walking meetings and recognizing his true role in his company (13:01)
- How someone can adopt healthier habits and forge a healthier lifestyle (19:14)
- How the words we use can really shift perspective and choice (22:55)
- What Joel thinks about the term "work-life balance" (25:29)
- We talk a bit about comfort and complacency (27:54)
- How important it is the element of beauty and craft in what Joel does (32:30)
"A thousand changes in a positive direction can have a huge impact." - Joel Heath
- Episode 227: Why You Need Atomic Habits with James Clear
- How I Built This: Michael Rubin
- Episode 229: Exploring Digital Minimalism with Cal Newport
- Here’s One Thing You Can Do to Make Your To Do List Better
If you enjoyed the episode, please leave a rating and/or review wherever you listened to the episode. And if you want to have easy access to the archives of the show and ensure you don't miss the new episodes to come then subscribe to the podcast in the app you're using – or you can do so on a variety of podcast platforms by clicking here.
Thanks for making and taking time to listen to the show. See you later.
What is The Productivityist Podcast: A Time Management and Personal Productivity Talk Show?
Hosted by productivity strategist Mike Vardy, The Productivityist Podcast is a weekly show that discusses tips, tools, tactics, and tricks that are designed to help you take your productivity, time management, goals, to do lists, habits, and workflow to new heights - both at work and at home. If you're looking to focus your efforts on getting the right things done and start living the good life, then this weekly conversational podcast – crafted in the tradition of Slate's Working, Back to Work, and HBR IdeaCast – is for you.