Science and religion are like oil and water - they just don’t mix. At least that's the popular conception. Unless you're someone like Alister McGrath, who sees them as two arms on the same clock, rather than two locked in battle.
But Alister McGrath is the Professor of Science and Religion at Oxford University, and he makes a pretty convincing case that, while science and religion are fundamentally different, they remain complementary.
So what does Alister do with the all the objections scientists throw at him? Play them back with a perfectly straight British bat. Tune in and tally the score for yourself!
- For more on Dr. Alister McGrath, check out his web site.
- Check out the Undeceptions web site for all sorts of cool stuff related to undeceiving the world
- Special thanks to Zondervan Academic, our show sponsor
- A special just for Undeceptions listeners! Get free access to Zondervan Academic's Master Lectures for 14 days, and then save 25% for the next 6 months. Just type in the code UNDECEPTIONS at the check-out.
- Ridley College, where John lectures in Public Christianity
- You can click here to sign up for the With All Due Respect podcast with Michael Jensen and Megan Powell du Toit
- Want to send John Dickson a question? He loves them. Just click here to provide a query for our next Q and A show!
- Undeceptions is part of the Eternity Podcast Network, an audio collection showcasing the seriously good news of faith today.
What is Undeceptions with John Dickson?
Every week on Undeceptions we’ll explore some aspect of life, faith, history, culture, or ethics that is either much misunderstood or mostly forgotten. With the help of people who know what they’re talking about, we’ll be trying to ‘undeceive ourselves’ and let the truth ‘out’.