It's the most visited website in the world, with 80,000 searches per second. But have you ever actually wondered how it really works?
Full transcript, key vocabulary, and bonus episodes available on www.leonardoenglish.com
- 🔠 Alphabet & Google
- 🖥 What does 'The Internet' actually mean?
- 🕷 Google Spider
- 🤔 How does Google decide what results to show you?
- ❓ How does Google decide how websites are good or bad?
- 📊 Relevance, Quality, and User Experience
- 💵 How Google makes $6,000 a second
- 🛎 How Google Ads work
- 💍Why advertisers pay almost $1,000 for one click
- 📍 3 weird facts about Google - 1) How many new queries are asked every day, 2) How far a search travels and 3) How many computers are used in a single Google search?
Key vocabulary: On the hunt, Junk, Crawlers, Algorithm, Scanning, Adopt, Straightforward, Obscure, Trustworthy, Likewise, Popups, Tend, Tradeoff, Delicate, Distinctive, Rank, Auction, Bid, Indicate, Asbestos, Bidding, Implications, Round trip, Scratched the surface
- Join the Learn English with Podcasts community: www.facebook.com/groups/learnenglishwithpodcasts
What is English Learning for Curious Minds?
Are you looking for a more interesting way to to learn English?
English Learning for Curious Minds is where you can learn English from native speakers while learning fascinating things about the world.
Every episode comes with a transcript & key vocabulary and is spoken at a speed you can understand.
Join listeners from 155 countries and discover the most interesting way to improve your English while expanding your mind.
Find the bonus episodes, transcripts, key vocabulary, and learning materials at www.leonardoenglish.com