For this week’s question Tom gives Ed lots of advice on where he should be applying to jobs. They discuss job boards and networking as well as many other places you can find jobs to apply to. Ed even gives Tom the opportunity to rant about recruiters (and Tom even manages to say some positive stuff about them!). If you’re even thinking about applying for a job in tech at the moment, make sure you listen to this week’s fascinating instalment of A Question of Code!
- Indeed: https://www.indeed.co.uk/
- StackOverflow Job Board: https://stackoverflow.com/jobs
- Joel Test: https://www.joelonsoftware.com/2000/08/09/the-joel-test-12-steps-to-better-code/
- CodePen job board: https://codepen.io/jobs
- Angel list: https://angel.co/
- West London Coders: https://www.meetup.com/West-London-Coders/
- GitHub: https://github.com/
- Future Sync conference: https://futuresync.co.uk/
- Hired: https://hired.com/
- Talent.io: https://www.talent.io/
What is A Question of Code?
A newbie coder and a seasoned veteran discuss the questions that always come up when someone begins learning to code.
Ed is looking at getting a career in programming and has been learning to code for just over a year. During this time he’s been building up a stack of questions that keep coming up from other newbie coders. Luckily, he’s got someone he can ask for help: Tom. Tom’s a seasoned coder, having worked in the industry for a few years now and has all the answers Ed needs, or does he?