In another edition of our Money Talks segment, Pete Townsend and Eoin Fitzgerald air their thoughts on the startup support plan announced in the UK, Marc Andreessen's 'Build' essay, and NFX's recent post on how startups can survive a downturn.
In this episode, the comeback kid, Eoin Fitzgerald, finally rejoins Pete Townsend as they dig into a few of the things that happened in the past week in tech, venture deals, and the topics that they generally cover in their day jobs. The stories covered in this week's episode include:
- UK Government launches £1.25bn plan to help struggling UK start-ups - How high (or low) does the investment committee making these decisions set the bar?
- Andreessen Horowitz’s (a16z) Marc Andreessen and his ‘It’s Time to Build’ essay - There is a “widespread inability to build” and the “problem runs deeper than your favorite political opponent or your home nation” - so take that off the table!
- NFX’s 28 Moves in a Downturn - Blog post in March by Pete Flint, a Managing Partner at NFX, a seed-stage venture firm based in San Francisco, focusing on managing losses, gaining ground and managing psychology.
- The Last Dance - Eoin Fitzgerald's personal recommendation for what to watch on Netflix.
- NFX's 16 Non-Obvious Fundraising Lessons - Although we didn't dig into this one, we referred to it - an oldie but a goodie!
What is MoneyNeverSleeps?
A weekly podcast that gets inside the mind of the entrepreneur and at what makes them do what they do, and explores the startup ecosystems in Ireland, UK, Europe and beyond.