In this episode, Adam talks to Guillermo Rauch building and deploying serverless web applications with Now.
- How Now is trying to bring the CDN experience to your server-side code
- How the constraints of serverless can nudge you to build more robust solutions
- How to talk to a database in a stateless serverless environment
- Best practices for deploying serverless code when you have a centralized data store
- Why routing should be handled at the Now configuration level instead of in application code
- How Now functions are different from microservices, and how you share code between them
- How Now bundles your project using builders
- Creating a monolithic project with Now that uses different programming languages for each endpoint
- How the upcoming "now dev" feature will enable you to simulate a serverless environment locally
- A behind-the-scenes look at the Now dashboard, how it's built, and the third-party services that power it
- DigitalOcean, get your free $50 credit at do.co/fullstack
- Cloudinary, sign up and get 300,000 images/videos, 10GB of storage and 20GB of monthly bandwidth for free
What is Full Stack Radio?
A podcast for developers interested in building great software products. Every episode, Adam Wathan is joined by a guest to talk about everything from product design and user experience to unit testing and system administration.