This episode is all about how to maintaining proper posture while working from a computer, regardless of if you're sitting or standing. Specifically, we discuss exercises, routines, and how to work with physical therapists.
- 01:15 - Posture exercises and stretching tips
- 15:47 - The pros and cons of using a standing desk
- 24:45 - Eyesight tips and workstation setups
- 33:00 - Physical exercises and personal trainer tips
- Vision for Life: Ten Steps to Natural Eyesight Improvement - https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/13414713-vision-for-life
- Simple Posture Exercises - https://youtu.be/CqTtScFQ5-c?t=195 (Mike has the best experience with the Arch Up exercises, the others may lead to overextension of ligaments)
- Ikea Standing Desk - https://www.ikea.com/us/en/p/skarsta-desk-sit-stand-white-s59324818/
- TheraBands - https://www.amazon.com/stores/page/C8402669-0E86-48B7-AB0D-B407C823DF4B
- Just Dance (video game) - https://www.amazon.com/Just-Dance-2020-Nintendo-Switch-Standard/dp/B07SK37PK2/
- Ring Fit Adventure (video game) - https://www.amazon.com/Ring-Fit-Adventure-Nintendo-Switch/dp/B07XV4NHHN/
What is The Wholistique Show?
On The Wholistique Show we explore how to reach peak personal and professional performance while living a minimal and balanced life.
No topic about the human body, brain, or the pursuit of achieving your best life is off-limits.The core focus of the show is empower you to make proactive choices about health, by providing holistic information and alternative viewpoints to mainstream thinking. With personal stories as well as conversations with wellness practitioners and experts who have unique or research-based perspectives on mental health and physical well-being.
We look forward to inspire and empower you to unleash your best, most authentic self.