For almost 300 years the vikings terrorised large parts of Europe, arriving in boats and killing anyone that got in their way.
But they were also traders, inventors, and storytellers, and they have had a lasting legacy on the world we live in.
Full transcript and key vocabulary available on the website: https://www.leonardoenglish.com/podcasts/the-vikings
- The oversimplification of the vikings
- The first viking attack in 793
- Why did the vikings invade in the first place? Overpopulation, the search for brides, revenge, or they sensed an opportunity?
- Settling alongside the local population
- Technological advances with boats
- How the vikings fought
- Valhalla & what happened when a viking died in battle
- Trading in the middle east
- Viking social classes
- A viking symbol you probably have on your phone
- The vikings' linguistic legacy
- How did the vikings end?
- The Victorians and the vikings
- The viking ancestral legacy
Join the conversation:
- Join the Leonardo English community: community.leonardoenglish.com
What is English Learning for Curious Minds?
Are you looking for a more interesting way to to learn English?
English Learning for Curious Minds is where you can learn English from native speakers while learning fascinating things about the world.
Every episode comes with a transcript & key vocabulary and is spoken at a speed you can understand.
Join listeners from 155 countries and discover the most interesting way to improve your English while expanding your mind.
Find the bonus episodes, transcripts, key vocabulary, and learning materials at www.leonardoenglish.com