Kate Simpson is the National Director of Knowledge Management at the leading firm, Bennett Jones LLP.
In this episode we discuss everything from what knowledge management means to Kate, her approach to KM projects, and how one can become a intrepreneur & disrupt from within.
- Kate’s move from being a consultant to law firms, to working in a law firm.
- The concept of ikigai, and the venn diagram of Kate’s viewpoints
- What does KM mean to Kate, and how she segments her projects into four buckets:
- Research & development (innovations)
- Precedents and playbook
- Practice innovation (process + pricing)
- Entrepreneurship and Intrepreneurship at Bennett Jones
- The importance of being curious and listening
- Kate’s advice to embrace ambiguity, and taking calculated risks
What is Fringe Legal?
Fringe Legal is a podcast discussing the future of the legal profession. Aimed at law firm leaders and influencers, each episode is a thoughtful discussion with a diverse range of voices about ideas impacting the evolution of the legal profession.
Along the way, we’ll learn about challenges to be overcome, what’s worked in the past, and expert tips on what could make a difference in the future.