This episode is all about quotes—but not just any quotes. I'm talking about quotes that actually moved me to my core. In this 20-minute show, I'll share the five quotes that made a huge difference in my life and have changed the way I perceive other people's actions and, well, everything else, too. What are you favorite quotes? Share them me at @kinthestudio on Instagram.
- “I’ve learned that you can tell a lot about a person by the way (s)he handles these three things: a rainy day, lost luggage, and tangled Christmas tree lights.” — Dr. Maya Angelou
- People say mean things not to make you feel bad, but to make themselves feel better.
- “There is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so.” — Shakespeare
- "Only to the extent that we expose ourselves over and over to annihilation can that which is indestructible be found in us." — Pema Chodron in When Things Fall Apart
- “The beginning of love is the will to let those we love be perfectly themselves, the resolution not to twist them to fit our own image. If in loving them we do not love what they are, but only their potential likeness to ourselves, then we do not love them: we only love the reflection of ourselves we find in them.” — Thomas Merton
What's YOUR favorite quote? I'd love to hear it. Hop on over to @kinthestudio on Instagram to share it with me.
What is The Kin Show?
A podcast that explores the intricacies of the human heart: faith, relationships, spirituality, parenthood, love, and more.