This episode’s guest is an amazing woman that I have been pursuing to get into the podcast for a while. She’s the host and producer of The Pursuit, a talk show and podcast where she interviews influencers and the who’s who of business. Kelsey Humphreys is a media entrepreneur, success coach and consultant, a motivational journalist who’s written for Entrepreneur Magazine and Huffington Post, just to name a few, and the author of the book Go Solo: How to Quit the Job You Hate and Start a Small Business You Love.
This episode’s guest is an amazing woman that I have been pursuing to get into the podcast for a while. She’s the host and producer of The Pursuit, a talk show and podcast where she interviews influencers and the who’s who of business.
Kelsey Humphreys is a media entrepreneur, success coach and consultant, a motivational journalist who’s written for Entrepreneur Magazine and Huffington Post, just to name a few, and the author of the book Go Solo: How to Quit the Job You Hate and Start a Small Business You Love..
After finding that the content available on success and entrepreneurship is not very beginner-friendly, she made it her mission to break it down for those still doing the grind, helping people not to give up in the crucial first few years of their pursuits. She also has a background in performance arts which could be the reason I gravitate toward her content.
Our conversation revolved around what happens in her show and her plans for it. Just some of the things we chatted about are:
- The behind-the-scenes action in producing her show, the technical issues, choosing between production quality and valuable content, and learning that perfection can hold one back from productivity (5:22).
- Her vision of hosting a traveling talk show and how she planned to set it apart from other podcasts and YouTube shows (6:58).
- The show’s humble beginnings shooting with an action cam, getting help from volunteers, family, and friends, investing on equipment, and building Kelsey’s team (11:05).
- What Kelsey perceives as the value-added experience by interviewing people live, and why she prefers to go to the where the guests are (14:14).
- Her interesting experience interviewing Kathy Griffin (16:49; 27:10).
- Pre-game rituals, her staple questions, why she prefers not to bring her notes during the interview, and self-reminders to keep her in-control of the interviews and provide quality content for her audience (18:10).
- Giving up on college dreams, ticking off goals one by one, and her vision to become the “Ellen of entrepreneurship and success” (20:30).
- Wanting to offer something new to the audience in the area of success and entrepreneurship through the book she’s currently writing (23:02).
- The surreal experiences of landing interviews with Tony Robbins and Larry King (27:40).
- The advice Kelsey imparts for people who have been pushing down their hopes and dreams (28:35).
- Kelsey Humphreys | Kelsey Humphreys | Success for the Rest of Us!
- Full Episodes Archives | The Pursuit with Kelsey Humphreys
- Go Solo: How to Quit the Job You Hate and Start a Small Business You Love by Kelsey Humphreys | Amazon
- Donald Miller | The Pursuit with Kelsey Humphreys
- Jeremy Cowart | The Pursuit with Kelsey Humphreys
- I’m Possible. | Jeremy Cowart
- Kathy Griffin | The Pursuit with Kelsey Humphreys
- Tony Robbins | The Pursuit with Kelsey Humphreys
- Kelsey Humphreys | Facebook
- Kelsey Humphreys (@KelseyHumphreys) | Twitter
It was fun talking to Kelsey, and we actually talked a little bit more in one of the episodes available exclusively to Patreon supporters. If you're not yet subscribed to the Productivityist on Patreon, I recommend you do so today so you don't miss the bonus episodes, contents and other perks.
You can also show your support by leaving us a rating and review on the podcast platform you’re using - we use your feedback to improve the podcast further.
Thanks for tuning in! Until next time, remember to stop guessing...and start going.
What is The Productivityist Podcast: A Time Management and Personal Productivity Talk Show?
Hosted by productivity strategist Mike Vardy, The Productivityist Podcast is a weekly show that discusses tips, tools, tactics, and tricks that are designed to help you take your productivity, time management, goals, to do lists, habits, and workflow to new heights - both at work and at home. If you're looking to focus your efforts on getting the right things done and start living the good life, then this weekly conversational podcast – crafted in the tradition of Slate's Working, Back to Work, and HBR IdeaCast – is for you.