Are you struggling to find a job you’re passionate about? Or do you find yourself working harder and harder without seeing your pay increase? This episode with J.T. O’Donnell is for you! J.T. is the founder and CEO of the online career growth club Work it Daily, and she shares her top tips for negotiating, working remotely, finding the right job for your current phase of life, and much more.
- In this episode we’re talking with J.T. O’Donnell of Work It Daily (0:01:07)
- Can you tell us about your career journey up to this point? (0:03:00)
- There’s a difference between a job, a career, and a calling (0:10:03)
- Look for the common thread among companies you admire (0:22:49)
- What tips do you have for women about negotiating? (0:32:41)
- Negotiating is the way to build your net worth (0:49:50)
- How can women network when working from home? (0:53:28)
- How to connect with J.T. (1:00:48)
- Find every episode of the Fiscal Feminist podcast
- “The Fiscal Feminist” book
- Subscribe to the Work It Daily newsletter
- Join the Work It Daily membership
- Follow J.T. on LinkedIn and TikTok
“A lot of people say ‘Oh, I have to do this.’ The truth is you get to. Think about that. You get to do this. You get to build up your financial freedom. You get to build a career that you’re going to be so proud of. You get to be able to do those things so that when you’re living a longer life, you’re living it the way you want to on your terms. You get to.”
“How you choose to brand yourself is going to determine your value. So if you’re never asking for more money, that translates into, you’re not creating any new value. That’s really important. Aren’t you learning and growing on your job every single day? Isn’t that creating more value for your company every single day? That means that you should get paid more over time to reflect that.”
Creators & Guests
What is The Fiscal Feminist?
Kimberlee Davis is your host of The Fiscal Feminist, a show about women and our relationship with money and finances. Kimberlee Davis is Managing Director and Partner at The Bahnsen Group, a private wealth management firm. She specializes in personal wealth advising and oversees financial and retirement planning solutions for high net worth individuals and multi-generational families. Her proficiency also includes helping individuals transition to financial independence after life altering events such as death or divorce.