What is Civil Asset Forfeiture? Where did it come from? How does it hurt you and enrich the State? And most importantly, what is a viable path to reform? Answer to all these questions and more on episode 026 of Top Priority.
- What is Civil Asset Forfeiture? min [2:08]
- Where did Civil Asset Forfeiture originate? min [4:58]
- United States v. One Solid Gold Object in the Form of a Rooser. min [21:35]
- What does a reform plan look like? min [31:37]
- Tims v. Indiana | Supreme Court Ruling in favor of 8th Amendment Rights. min [37:02]
- Dick Carpenter of Institute for Justice | TEDx Talk on Civil Asset Forfeiture
- The Supreme Court Strikes a Blow Issues Unanimous Ruling in Favor of 8th Amendment Rights
- Remove bad incentives such as civil asset forfeiture and qualified immunity
- Ep 002 Top Priority | Overcriminalization & Criminal Justice Reform
- The Stand Together Community
What is Top Priority | Ideas for Human Flourishing?
We have a deep belief in people and promote ideas of human flourishing.
Top Priority is a collection of interactive, learning-oriented conversations on how the Stand Together Community engages with and advocates for solutions through the lens of our Community Vision: We transform society by breaking the internal and external barriers that prevent people from realizing their potential, enabling all people to improve their lives and find fulfillment by helping others do the same.
The Stand Together Community Vision is guided by four, mutually reinforcing principles: Equal Rights | Mutual Benefit | Openness | Self-Actualization
Explore the free and civil society through the lens of each of these four mutually reinforcing principles and stand together to help every person rise.
Top Priority is a production of the Americans for Prosperity Foundation's Grassroots Leadership Academy, where we make Human Flourishing a top priority.