Catch up with Apolo Ohno, speedskater and most decorated U.S. Winter Olympian of all time. Apolo reflects on a key life experience at 15 years old that shaped his Olympic career. Sasha and Apolo reflect on the challenges of finding their identities after retiring from sport. Apolo describes how he defines success in his life now and some core influences that helped shape his outlook on life.
- :55 – Soul searching at age 15 to shape his Olympic career
- 17:00 – Finding identity, transitioning to life after the Olympics
- 28:14 – How he defines success outside of sport
- 35:36 – New book
- 40:52 – Core influences in Apolo’s life
- 46:33– Olympic or Paralympic moment in life
What is Sasha Sessions: A Team USA Podcast?
Exceptional individuals share the stories that shaped them, how they define identity, and the motivations, habits, and opportunities that led to personal reinvention. Guests feature athletes from all sports and backgrounds, whose accomplishments inspire millions on the Olympic & Paralympic stage, and people outside of sports, whose work has challenged how we think about the world today.