As a creative professional who also maintains a personal brand, how important is it to carve out authenticity in what you do and how you show up online?
Jesse offers online courses and a wide array of resources to help creatives soar in their career.
We talk about:
● His beginnings as a creative professional
● Why he decided to relocate from Hawaii to Texas
● The principle of learning by teaching and how he created content he would have wanted to see when he was starting out
● Balancing client work, offering consultations, and creating his own content
● The importance of time management and how he plans his life away
● Learning how to outsource in order to be more productive and efficient
● His approach to content marketing on YouTube, trying different things, and how to practice consistency and authenticity
● How his brand ecosystem grew by simply giving value and not asking for anything in return for the first three years
● Protecting his personal integrity when accepting affiliate marketing offers
● How he carves out his authenticity on social media and what holds him back
● Utilizing email marketing even as a creative who doesn’t enjoy writing as much
● How he goes about his annual goal-setting and what BAGS are (Big Audacious Goal-Setting)
● His own struggles and why he believes we fail people when we don’t show both sides of the coin
● The number on his board, his goal every single day, and what’s on the horizon for him
● His personal mantra taken from his favorite bible verse on considering others and putting the time in to make people’s lives easier
Mentioned in this episode:
Notion Project Management: https://www.notion.so/
To connect with Jesse, head on over to his channels:
Thanks for listening! If you enjoyed this episode of the podcast, head on over to the following links for more of my work and some valuable resources to get you started on your own branding initiatives. Until the next episode!
VISIT MY WEBSITE:
JOIN THE BRAND•MUSE NEWSLETTER:
JOIN THE BRAND DESIGN MASTERS FACEBOOK GROUP:
SUBSCRIBE TO MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL:
FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER:
FOLLOW ME ON PINTEREST:
LIKE MY AGENCY ON FACEBOOK:
Bring Your Own Laptop - Adobe Training with Daniel Scott
Discount Code: “PHILIP50”
The Brand Design Masters Podcast is targeted to entrepreneurs, designers, creative professionals and anyone interested in brand strategy, business planning, graphic design, personal branding, trends and marketing.
Philip VanDusen is the owner of Verhaal Brand Design, a brand strategy and design agency based in New Jersey. Philip is a highly accomplished creative executive and expert in brand strategy, graphic design, marketing and creative management. Philip provides design, branding, marketing, career and business advice to creative professionals, entrepreneurs and companies on how to build successful brands for themselves and for the clients and customers they serve.
What is Brand Design Masters Podcast?
The Brand Design Masters Podcast with Philip VanDusen is dedicated to helping you build the skills you need to design bullet-proof brands - for yourself, your business and for the clients and customers you serve.
In every episode, Philip, his co-hosts and interview guests will share inspiration, ideas, trends and techniques that will lift you to greater heights as a creative professional or entrepreneur - so you can build a successful creative practice, business and personal brand in the Creative Economy.