Change Management Theory: What changes are you anticipating and planning for with you performance improvement initiatives? (AOE 1. Performance Improvement; Sub section 1.6. Change Management Theory)
Connect with the podcast host on Twitter: @laurapasquini
Or LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/laurapasquini/
Are you studying for the CPLP? Want more learning & performance ideas?
Subscribe to the pod for the next study session: https://learnperform.transistor.fm/subscribe
Learning objective: Describe why change management is important to plan for and manage as it relates to performance improvement initiatives
- Introducing change is not easy and makes many uncomfortable
- Change often disrupts employees environment, expectations, productivity, etc.
- For real change to happen, employees must feel the need to change and see it as a benefit
- Expect emotional phases for change: fear, anger, resistance, anxiety, sadness, etc.
- Proactively plan for and be prepared to manage the change
- Identify champions for the change at all levels to be successful in managing the changes in the organization
- Expect resistance as change and having to learn a new way of work does not come easy for many; be prepared for barriers to the change
- Change sponsors: individuals/groups with political power/assets and resources to support the intended change
- Change agents: individuals/groups responsible for implementing or facilitating the specifics of the change
- Change targets: individuals/groups who must operate differently, i.e. change
- Sponsorship to Champion Change
- Buy-in for Need/Reasons for the Change
- Planning for Involvement
- Impact for How and When It Occurs
- Communication and Knowledge Sharing
- Assessing Stakeholder Readiness
- Responsibilities for Change Tasks
- Identifying Success Measures/Indicators
What is Learn/Perform Mixtape?
The Learn/Perform Mixtape is a podcast of my study notes as I prepare for the Certified Professional in Learning and Performance (CPLP). More at: https://techknowtools.com/learnperform-mixtape/