You've heard of zoology, but you might not have heard about its pseudoscience cousin, cryptozoology, the subculture that attempts to prove the existence of mysterious animals from folklore and popular culture.
Full transcript, subtitles and key vocabulary available on the website: www.leonardoenglish.com/podcasts/cryptozoology
- Origins of Cryptozoology
- 1960s and conspiracy theories
- The discovery of the komodo dragon and the giant panda
- Problem with cryptozoology #1: lack of professionalism
- Problem with cryptozoology #2: problems with sightings of monsters
- Problem with cryptozoology #3: where do their remains go?
- Problem with cryptozoology #4: geological problems with cryptids
- Can you be a 'normal' cryptozoologist?
- We are still discovering 'real' species every year
- How cryptozoology can help us
- Discovering animals before they become extinct
- Join the Leonardo English community: community.leonardoenglish.com
What is English Learning for Curious Minds?
Are you looking for a more interesting way to to learn English?
English Learning for Curious Minds is where you can learn English from native speakers while learning fascinating things about the world.
Every episode comes with a transcript & key vocabulary and is spoken at a speed you can understand.
Join listeners from 155 countries and discover the most interesting way to improve your English while expanding your mind.
Find the bonus episodes, transcripts, key vocabulary, and learning materials at www.leonardoenglish.com