I interviewed Laura Park Figueroa, the host of the Mind your OT Business podcast, business coach, owner of Outdoor Kids OT, co-founder of the OT Entrepreneur Summit, and creator of the CONTIGO approach. She is paving the way for OTs to become entrepreneurs and in this episode, shares her insights about monetizing our value as OT practitioners by starting a business. She offers encouragement and practical tips for taking that next step toward being the best entrepreneur you can be.
- Connect with Laura
- Laura is a business coach and the host of the Mind Your OT Business podcast.
- Want to work with her? Check out her coaching website
- Laura is the owner of Outdoor Kids OT, a nature-based pediatric practice
- Check out Laura's approach to nature-based therapy, called the ConTiGO Model
- Laura's book: Therapy in the Great Outdoors
- She recently co-hosted the OT Entrepreneur Summit with Trish Williams. Keep you eyes peeled for the 2021 OT Entrepreneur Summit. It is a value-packed summit you won't want to miss
- During this episode, we uncorked:
- Monetizing your value as an OT
- The difference between a "side gig" mindset and an entrepreneur mindset
- Taking steps toward entrepreneurship for practitioners who work in traditional settings
- We also uncorked:
- Book recommendations:
What is OT Uncorked?
OT Uncorked is a podcast for wine-loving OTs, pairing wine and hot topics in occupational therapy. Hosted by Miranda Rennie and featuring guests from the profession, OT Uncorked was created to learn from people doing ordinary and extraordinary work across OT settings and share resources with other practitioners. Miranda is an OT who is passionate about providing holistic care for people with neurologic conditions. She is a small-town East Coaster living in Los Angeles, CA. Miranda hopes you will join her in uncorking hot topics and wine, discovering what’s new and relevant in the profession!