Today’s cohost is Paul Sokol. Paul is a self-proclaimed mad scientist. He’s worked on humanized automation within Infusionsoft, and is also the co-founder of Be Pro, which markets in-person events for businesses, venues, or entertainers.
"There are all sorts of ponds out there and you have to know what fish you’re going for so you can use the right bait and the right lures."
- Who his ideal client is and how he got into that segment of the market.
- Why many events out there make no money and what they are doing wrong.
- The four parts of identifying your ideal client.
- Events should be treated like any other product or service. You should intentionally design the customer experience, the fulfillment, and how the sales experience is going to work.
- In figuring out your ideal client, focus on the demographics of your client, figuring out who they are, figuring out their behaviors, and positioning your message to convey what their life could be like.
- If you’ve come up with an avatar, you need to go the extra mile and research (or digitally stalk) these people. Once you’ve done that, it’s critical to put your money where your mouth is and test the advertising to make sure that you are getting the results that you believe should come from your ideal personas.
Important Mentions in this Episode
What is Live In The Feast?
Live In The Feast is a seasonal podcast for developers and designers looking to discover their niche to build recurring revenue. So that they can live the life that they want and ultimately reach the goals of why they started their own business in the first place. Each season will be a theme specific to your business. And each episode features a guest who's been there before and achieved success. You'll get actionable takeaways for you to implement in your business immediately after each show. No fluff, no pie in the sky dreaming, this is real-life examples and takeaways for you.