All three co-hosts are together at the start of the semester to discuss the upcoming Latina/o/x Midwest Symposium and some details of doing archival research.
- The Andrew W. Mellon Foundation’s generous support through its Sawyer Seminar program allowed “Imagining Latinidades: Articulations of National Belonging” to launch at the University of Iowa. This podcast was born from the Sawyer Seminar and we hope it will continue on afterward.
- The Obermann Center for Advanced Studies, at Iowa, was the birthplace of our Seminar theme, which gave rise to this podcast.
- Subscribe to this podcast, please!
- * Livestream of the upcoming symposium will be here: University of Iowa Latina/o Studies Program - Home | Facebook
- Read all about the upcoming symposium, which is Friday 1/31/20 at the Iowa City Public Library, here: Imagining the Latina/o/x Midwest – Imagining Latinidades.
- Lilia Fernandez – Imagining Latinidades Transient Pasts: Theorizing the History of Latinos/as in the Midwest – Imagining Latinidades
- Sujey Vega – Imagining Latinidades Of Borders and Belonging: Addressing the meaning of home and belonging in Latinx Midwestern Imagined Comunidades – Imagining Latinidades
- Theresa Delgadillo – Imagining Latinidades Environmental Sustainability and Alternative Place-Times in Midwest Latinx Literature – Imagining Latinidades
- The 2012 Symposium info can be found here: The Latino Midwest | Obermann Center for Advanced Studies
- UI Press | Edited by Omar Valerio-Jiménez, Santiago Vaquera-Vásquez, and Claire F. Fox Afterword by Frances R. Aparicio | The Latina/o Midwest Reader
- La Bloga: CSUCI Houses the Works and Archives of Michele Serros
- Twitter, Instagram, Facebook: @ImaginingLat
- Hosts on Twitter: Darrel is @DoctorDWS, Ariana is @aryruiz710, Rene is @rene5311
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Our cover art, a photo of an installation titled “El Hielo / I.C.E,” is provided courtesy of the artist, Fidencio Fifield-Perez.
- Music by Juan Ruiz.
- Our hosting is provided by Transistor.fm, which we really love.
- Our podcasting app of choice is Overcast.fm, which also makes a handy app that streamlines the process of making the chapter markers in this podcast.
What is Imagining Latinidades?
Three Latina/o professors discuss topics and interview guests central to Latina/Latino/Latinx Studies today.