Maco Jeleniewski: Hey there. You're listening to your host produced in collaboration with Impact 89 fm. Your host is an episodic audio drama surrounding a fictional podcast. Content warnings for this series include mentions of vomit, alcohol, sounds of gagging, implications of self harm, graphic audio of injury, and sounds of gore. Proceed with caution and enjoy this episode of your
Annalise Becker: host. Hello. Hi. Welcome back to our tell me a story podcast. We're everywhere at tell me story pod. Find us on Instagram and say something. I'm your host as always, Annalise Becker. I've got my friends with me
Charlie Shepard: Charlie Shepherd.
Sawyer Dalton: And Sawyer Dalton. Awesome. We're
Annalise Becker: hold on. Give me a second. We're talking about painful experiences today. Maybe we can make a tier list about it later and post our pics on socials. What are some of the most painful things in the world? What kind of crazy stories do you have about that? Think breaking a bone or I don't know.
Charlie Shepard: Oh, I've definitely broken a bone before. I was a really rowdy kid.
Sawyer Dalton: You? I'd never have guessed.
Charlie Shepard: Oh, whatever. I broke my arm sometime in elementary school. Me and this group of kids were playing tag. It was a lot of running and shoving. With enough adrenaline and motivation, elementary school kids will spill blood. Anyways, I had climbed to the top of the playground set. I went onto the railings and found a way to push myself onto the roof, actually. It was one of those plastic parts of the playground that was loaded with static electricity.
Sawyer Dalton: I can imagine your hair sticking straight up. Did you have long hair then?
Charlie Shepard: Yeah. I didn't start going short until, sometime in middle school.
Sawyer Dalton: I can't imagine you have long hair. You'll have to send me pictures sometime.
Charlie Shepard: Sure. Anyways, I lost my tangent. Hair, static, plastic. Playground. Right. So a bunch of other kids were running over to me and wanted me to show them how they could get onto the roof. Then I climbed down from the roof and back onto, a metal platform. When I was balancing on the railing for my demonstration, some kid ran by, and I almost fell. It was fine because I regained my balance pretty easily. But then another kid ran past us to chase the first kid, which took me off guard and sent me plummeting into wood chips. I must have fell on it the wrong way because all I heard was a crunch. At first, I thought I landed on a stick or something, but one of my friends ran by and started screaming when she saw me.
Sawyer Dalton: I can imagine that's a pretty good indicator that something's wrong.
Charlie Shepard: Yep. I looked down and saw my right arm was all bent out of shape. It was weird. Once I realized it, though, it hurt so bad. The pain shot from the tips of my fingers all the way up into my shoulder. When I tried to move it out of instinct, it felt like, man, it felt like there were saws spinning in my skin. Breaking a bone is like this constant stinging feeling, and my stomach took a nasty hit too. It was the most sudden onset of nausea I've ever felt.
Sawyer Dalton: Yikes.
Annalise Becker: Oh, yeah. That sucks. Sounds like it hurt.
Charlie Shepard: I doubt I'll ever go to a playground again, so it's easily avoidable. Don't worry, listeners. I was in a cast for 2 months. It was the most attention I've ever got in my life, so that's a plus.
Sawyer Dalton: You don't need to break your bones for attention anymore. Right?
Charlie Shepard: I like to think so. I get attention the normal way now, on Tinder.
Sawyer Dalton: I don't think I've ever broken anything. Actually, I've never been to the hospital either.
Charlie Shepard: Not even for your tonsils or something?
Sawyer Dalton: Yeah. I never got my tonsils removed. No braces, no dislocated joints, no stitches. Wait. I can talk about that. I have a story about the time I didn't get stitches. A few years ago, when I was still living with my parents, I dropped a glass onto the kitchen floor. It wasn't on purpose.
Charlie Shepard: You're definitely the type to cause trouble like that, Sawyer.
Sawyer Dalton: It was pretty late, so I was freaking out over whether or not I woke anyone up. I tried to clean it up on my own, but I got a piece of glass stuck in my palm because of it.
Charlie Shepard: Oh, wow. How deep was it?
Sawyer Dalton: I think the doctor said it was pretty shallow. Like I said before, it wasn't bad enough that I needed stitches, but I can't imagine how much I freaked my parents out. I ran into their room, my hands covered in blood, and asked them where we kept the broom. The glass got cleaned up and my dad tried to pick the shard out of my hand. He eventually did after grabbing a pair of pliers. It was pretty gross.
Charlie Shepard: I can imagine. Yuck.
Sawyer Dalton: He took me to the doctors later that night. I was worried I'd have to get stitches since the wound was kinda bad and Band Aids weren't doing much. They actually put these weird sticky strips on my hand. They said they were like stitches without the thread. They worked as they said and my hand healed in a few weeks. But, damn, getting glass stuck in your hand hurts. It'll probably be the closest I get to being stabbed.
Charlie Shepard: Unless you piss someone off.
Sawyer Dalton: Like you piss me off daily? Better invest in a stab proof vest, Charlie. Hey, Anna. Do you have any stories ready to share?
Annalise Becker: Oh. Oh. Oh. Right. I should. I think that pain for me is kinda dull now. It's wow. I'm sorry. Is it hot in here?
Charlie Shepard: If you don't have something prepared, I can keep talking.
Annalise Becker: No. Like, it's hot in here. I feel like like I'm burning. Did someone turn the thermostat up? It's I should deal with that. It's giving me a massive headache. I can feel it. Why why is it
Charlie Shepard: We should give her a minute. I think I think she's still rambling in the other room.
Sawyer Dalton: Oh, let's take a break then.
Charlie Shepard: Sounds good. We'll
Annalise Becker: Shit. Shit. Shit. Get up. Get up. God. Damn it. Damn it. I can't even I can't even make it to the bathroom without without my legs just giving up. It's great. It's great. I think I I think I busted my knee. I can't get up. Everything's spinning. It's all foggy. Stupid. Stupid. Of course. Of course, my body won't cooperate. Only when everything's so sore, my body's all twitchy. When I want to move, I can't when I stop moving, so so it might hurt a little less. I I want to check the thermostat again. I wanted to confirm my suspicions. Every time I check, it's it's turned up to, like, 90 degrees. That's just crazy. I turned down the thermostat to normal. I leave the room. I come back 30 minutes later because I'm sweating my ass off, and it's 90 degrees again. I don't know. I don't know who's doing it or why it needs to be 90 degrees, but I can't take it. I'm light headed. I'm soaked in sweat, and and I'm still flying on the floor. They won't care. They don't care. I know they can hear me. I'm hacking and wheezing all night in my room. I think I think they're ignoring me. I don't know why. I don't know why Sawyer stopped caring. Did I push him away? Did I finally drive him to hate me? Or or did I do something? What if I did something to him, to Charlie? I I can't even remember simple interactions or even remember when I've been in the same room as them. My god. What if I've I wouldn't I wouldn't say or do anything to hurt them. Why would I even think that? I'd never. I that's not me. That's not me. I'm not me. I'm not me. I'm not me. There just there isn't any there Sawyer, come here. I need help. I need your help, Sawyer. Where are you? Come here. Can you do that? We need a host for for the episode. We need a host, Sawyer. I need your help with that.
Sawyer Dalton: Yeah. I'll be right there. No. No. It's no problem. Yeah. Yeah. Okay. Where am I picking you up? Okay. I'll see you soon. Bye. Annalise, I didn't see you there. What's up?
Annalise Becker: Can you help me?
Sawyer Dalton: Of course. What do you need?
Annalise Becker: I need you to help me.
Sawyer Dalton: Right? I'm confused. Are you doing okay?
Annalise Becker: I need you to to can you take a look?
Sawyer Dalton: Sure. I can, Anna. Did you just wake up?
Annalise Becker: I'm so tired. Come take a look. I need your help.
Sawyer Dalton: Are you are you on something? Too much Tylenol?
Annalise Becker: Do you see what I see? If you help me, I can I can host again? I need you to come here.
Sawyer Dalton: Anna, I'm right here. I'm here. I are you are you there? I'm here. I'm right here. Get off of me, Anna. Please. You're hurting me. Stop. Please. Please. Anna, why are you doing this to me? Stop. Wait. No. No. Please. It hurts. My head.
Annalise Becker: My Sawyer. Sawyer. It'll be okay. I promise. Everything will be okay.
Sawyer Dalton: Anna? Annalise?
Annalise Becker: I'm here. I'm here. Listen to me. Okay? I'll tell you what to do. I'll tell you how to get better.
Maco Jeleniewski: You've just listened to an episode of your host made in collaboration with Impact 89 FM. This episode of your host was written by Madeline Jeleniewski and edited by Laura King. Directed and produced by Madeline Jeleniewski. Casted in collaboration with Laura King. Audio engineered by Madeline Jeleniewski with assistance from Tyler Butt. Music written by Cassandra Cohen. Featuring the vocal performances of Alex Melconian as Annalise Becker, It's Not Mika as Charlie Shepherd, and Draco Chella as Sawyer Dalton. Additional voices provided by Michelle Long and Simon Zukert. Thanks for listening.