Many aspiring entrepreneurs are doomed to fail because they don’t really understand what they want. Joe Apfelbaum (CEO of Ajax Union) shares a framework for creating a successful (Amazon) business.
- Don’t ask friends and family whether they like your idea. If they’re good friends, they’ll lie to you. Instead, ask them about their personal experiences.
- Listen with an open mind when hearing things you think you already know. Oftentimes, there’s much more depth to the idea than you’ve internalized.
- Answer Joe’s guiding questions to understand what you really want from a business
- Choose your niche based on your interest and connections
- Talk with 30 members of that niche to understand their pain points
- Brainstorm solutions and ask prospects to pre-pay for them
- Ajax Union
- Joe’s LinkedIn profile (mention Run With It and he will accept your connection)
- Evyrgreen (LinkedIn lead generation)
- Lesson Plans as a Product with Rob Fitzpatrick
- Getting Things Done
- Think and Grow Rich
What is Run With It?
Need a business idea? Run With It shares unused business ideas from successful entrepreneurs, including the exact steps they would take to launch them. If you're looking for a ready-made business idea, proven founders are sharing them every week on Run With It.