Isaac Allen Burns: Hey. It's me, Isaac Allen Burns here with another exciting episode of Whodunit Dodo Born version. That's right. Our three mystery guest investigators are here with me now around the round table. We've got red threads on papers and peoples. And here to tell us about those red threads is one, Hollie Baker.
Hollie Baker: That's me. We've got a lot of connections here happening, And I don't actually see the through point yet. So I could use your eyes on this.
Rachel Baker: You're looking a little wild over there.
Rowan Collins: I'm waving my arms. You're really Sylvain.
Hollie Baker: Yep. Sylvain all over the place over here.
Rowan Collins: Typically, that's Kapi. But today, it's you. Today,
Isaac Allen Burns: it's me. All of us. That's right. Doing some space work indeed. Right next to our spacious our space work doing investigator is one, Rachel Baker.
Rachel Baker: Hi. Hi. I'm busy solving mysteries.
Isaac Allen Burns: Oh, solving mysteries. A Sudoku puzzle in hand. Yeah. Yeah. A crossword.
Rachel Baker: The least salvy character.
Isaac Allen Burns: Exactly. The easiest mystery. You know, if you just put nine numbers in the boxes, you can solve any Sudoku.
Rowan Collins: Yeah. That's true. That's true.
Isaac Allen Burns: And doing crosswords on the side, we have one, Rowan Collins.
Rowan Collins: Hey. What is a four letter word for dog food brand? Nobody? Okay. Just me? Crap.
Isaac Allen Burns: That's it.
Rachel Baker: That's the word.
Rowan Collins: That's the word? Crap. No. It's it's IMs, but that's been a clue that's been a clue a lot in our New York Times. Really?
Isaac Allen Burns: Shout out shout out New York Times crossword. Crossword.
Rowan Collins: Yeah.
Isaac Allen Burns: Crosswords are fun. Do them. They'll keep you young.
Rowan Collins: Yeah.
Isaac Allen Burns: Speaking of young
Rowan Collins: Our 29 year old
Isaac Allen Burns: GM is here to start the music. You know what? I had no clue where to go with that. I kinda lost my track. Last time, our investigators did some detective work, some investigating, and discovered quite a few clues. Discovering first the body of a not dead Foswald, but instead potentially trapped in a purple Gamatachi. Evidence at the scene suggested another person there though. And so furthering their investigation and crashing into the cafe, you made your way to Foswald's office wherein you discovered a secret compartment where he had been doing some oppo research of sorts about some Novocite research going on, specifically around professor Costello. In the meantime, as you were looking through some of the notes that were there, you stumbled upon a name of a potential assistant, potential coconspirator to Foswald, the name Ilya, which apparently rang a bell to your friend Vivi. And as we stand here in the office, I did forget to say there were a couple other notes on the desk that she would have also Yeah. Picked In the same kind of handwriting as the note that you saw in, his hand, the note in
Hollie Baker: So in reviewing the notes with Phoebe and and Hickory, saw the shadow ooze again. Mhmm. This time near the gates, looks wet like oil, but residual liquid from body sinks into ground, which was worked stone, likely magical or anima related. And then the other one says, I saw him entering the forbidden section again. Ooze was there too. I can't tell if the ooze is following him or following me.
Rachel Baker: Oh. So there's something going
Hollie Baker: on about the ooze and the only concrete place we don't know who this note is referring to, but the only concrete place mentioned is the gate.
Rowan Collins: I think Phoebe's gonna off first try and see the handwriting. Does the handwriting look like Foswald's or does it look like the note that we got from before?
Isaac Allen Burns: It looks like the note that you got before.
Rowan Collins: Okay. And so we at this point are now pretty sure that this is Ilya.
Isaac Allen Burns: You suspect.
Rowan Collins: Alright. Vivi is like that fucking bitch.
Hollie Baker: Okay. So now you need to explain to us who
Rowan Collins: Ilya used to be my best friend and my partner in crime. We were the dynamic duo. But right was right when we were working on a big fucking case. She fucking abandoned me and called me crazy and that she wanted nothing to do with me. And now we don't fucking talk anymore even though she's in the stupid journalism club with me.
Rachel Baker: Thought I was your best friend.
Rowan Collins: You are now. Yeah.
Rachel Baker: That makes sense.
Rowan Collins: Yeah. Isn't that the person I thought you were dating? It was one time. Okay. It was not a date. That's
Rachel Baker: that counts.
Rowan Collins: It was okay. A picnic under the cover of night is not a date.
Rachel Baker: That's how all of my dates go.
Hollie Baker: Vivi, your tell here is that you didn't tell anyone about that and you tell everyone about everything. So
Rowan Collins: I didn't tell everybody about that one time.
Hollie Baker: Right. That's my point.
Rachel Baker: Wait. What what one time? What are you talking about now?
Rowan Collins: And Vivi's antenna flut her down and they go, anyway. So we should go and find Ilya and get some information out of her. I know all of her tells.
Rachel Baker: Well, it is almost curfew.
Hollie Baker: Well
Rachel Baker: And I can't afford to get in trouble again.
Rowan Collins: Alright. Fine. Well, we'll go back. And in the meantime, we'll figure out where to find Ilya. I can find her schedule. I know somebody who knows somebody. I'll figure it out.
Hollie Baker: But anyway, let's get Now that you say that, I wonder if Ilya takes any classes at ITA. You do recognize
Isaac Allen Burns: me. I
Hollie Baker: recognize your handwriting.
Isaac Allen Burns: You do recognize your handwriting.
Hollie Baker: Yeah. I should check professor Tomas's rosters.
Rowan Collins: That's it. We do need to go
Rachel Baker: to Tomas's office anyway.
Rowan Collins: Well, how's this for our plan? We go to bed, so we don't get, you know, found out.
Hollie Baker: I've got a good excuse then
Rowan Collins: to go to
Hollie Baker: professor Thomas's office. So I'll start there in the morning.
Rowan Collins: Okay. Alright. Let's go.
Isaac Allen Burns: Because it's legally distinct from my usual one. And the curfew bell has sounded. You know you have fifteen minutes to get back to your rooms.
Rowan Collins: Alright. We're we're going. Let's go.
Isaac Allen Burns: As you all return to your rooms, I'm curious where everyone is at. Let's start with Rainey. Mhmm. As you go back to your room, what's going through Rainey's mind right now?
Hollie Baker: Rainey is somewhere between loving the mystery and wanting to figure this out, and also being really nervous about where she's gonna fit in all the time to do this and also really not wanting to get into trouble. Like, kind of the combination of all of those things, but, realizing that she can kinda two birds with one stone and start doing some prep work for professor Tomas's class while she's checking the rosters and getting some information, we'll probably, solve some of those problems. Nice. So a little worried, little excited.
Isaac Allen Burns: Yeah. And as you're walking back to your room, you have all these thoughts going through your head, lot of anxiety, I think. Got a kind of anxiety where you're planning out your day tomorrow, trying to figure out where you can fit things in and just thinking about how you have no breaks in between anything.
Hollie Baker: Right. And go ahead and give me
Isaac Allen Burns: an instinct check with disadvantage.
Rowan Collins: Okay. No.
Hollie Baker: That is a minus 13 with hope. 13 with hope. On that hope,
Isaac Allen Burns: you get the strange sense that someone is watching you, and yet you look all around and you see nothing. There's no one seeming to pay attention to you, really. There's barely anyone in the halls. Just have that strange sense of being watched. Mhmm. But nevertheless, you get to your room, and whatever your room looks like, it looks the exact same, untouched and unspoiled.
Hollie Baker: Yeah. Okay. So nothing nothing abnormal here. I think Rainey's room is pretty lackluster. It's pretty minimalist. She doesn't have a lot of things. Yeah. She's got like her class schedule hanging on the wall and otherwise just a plain old quilt on her bed. So she is gonna get ready and and tuck in.
Isaac Allen Burns: Nice. Nice. Very minimalism.
Rowan Collins: Very minimalist. Very.
Hollie Baker: She came here with just a bag and her books. Lots of books.
Isaac Allen Burns: Nice. Hickory, what about you? What is going through your mind right now?
Rachel Baker: This was a really hard day.
Rowan Collins: Yeah. And there wasn't a lot of sports. No. Hickory.
Rachel Baker: So Hickory is gonna head back to where the dorms are to make sure that he's seen by his RA.
Rowan Collins: I'm sure
Hollie Baker: this place has RA's probably.
Rowan Collins: Yeah, there
Isaac Allen Burns: are RA's. Residents and jurors. Don't that
Rachel Baker: he shares a room this year because he's a big boss guy. So he would probably go in his room and go in his closet and grab a picnic blanket. Okay. And then slip out the window.
Isaac Allen Burns: He slipped out the window.
Rachel Baker: And into the night.
Isaac Allen Burns: And oh. As Hickory disappears into the night, we'll fade away from where Hickory is going real fast to go to Vivi. And Vivi, what's going on through your mind right now?
Rowan Collins: Vivi is just in between that fucking bitch, Ilya, is got her nose in something else. That's something like and now, Foswell is gonna be upset. And if it affects any of my two favorite people in the world, I am going to have a meltdown and ruin her career, is basically what's going back and forth in her head. And then also, like, reviewing some of the facts in the background as she's trying to calm herself down. It's ineffectual. Ilya is the one person that can really rile her up.
Isaac Allen Burns: Dang. And riled up you are as you go on back, and I can't wait to find out tomorrow what this is gonna be like. Mhmm. But first, Hickory, we look at you. Where are you heading?
Rachel Baker: He's gonna need to get to a point where people can come and go off campus pretty easily.
Isaac Allen Burns: Okay. Okay.
Rachel Baker: So maybe, I don't know, on the other side of the field that he usually practices in.
Isaac Allen Burns: Oh, okay. On the other side of the field.
Rachel Baker: Yeah. That's not a weird place to find him. So Probably not.
Isaac Allen Burns: Probably not. You it's almost expected. Yeah. You head over there, you see the fields in all of its oval shaped glory and Oval shaped. That's right. It's oval shaped field.
Rachel Baker: We'll make a note of that.
Rowan Collins: We'll make a
Isaac Allen Burns: note of that. That's another detail. So we have foosball, there's tackling, and it's oval shaped. We're discovering we're discovering what the sport is.
Rowan Collins: So fun.
Isaac Allen Burns: And where does Hickory go? What does Hickory do?
Rachel Baker: I mean, it is a very just college field. Yeah. So there would likely be a shed or some kind of, like, game center at one side of it Mhmm. Away from bleachers. He would probably go around that
Isaac Allen Burns: to the back. Nice. Yep. You go to the back, kind of you could have been seen while walking there, but, you know, it is nighttime and now you're kind of away from from prying eyes. Yep. Okay. Okay. That's the goal. Gotcha. Very good. And who are we meeting here?
Rachel Baker: Somebody I should not be meeting.
Isaac Allen Burns: Uh-oh. Uh-oh. Describe this person for us. This
Rachel Baker: person maybe is one of the least liked people on this campus. Oh. Because this person attends Voltane University.
Isaac Allen Burns: Oh. And
Rachel Baker: may or may not also really like foosball.
Rowan Collins: Oh, no.
Hollie Baker: Oh. And maybe is a captain?
Isaac Allen Burns: Uh-oh. The captain of the The rival captain? Rival rival captain.
Rowan Collins: This rival is hidden? Uh-oh. Oh, no.
Isaac Allen Burns: Uh-oh. Yeah. Standing there is this rival individual who, much like you, comes from a place of authority. His family is one that allows him access to certain technologies that could get him onto Polaris's campus. It gets him to the edge of campus without being seen and detected, which is kind of why you have to be so far out here. But this individual is standing there, and can you describe this person for us? Tell me what this person looks like.
Rowan Collins: Yeah. Your job is to describe this hot person.
Rachel Baker: Who's a hot person?
Isaac Allen Burns: Yeah. Tell me tell me about this person.
Rachel Baker: Well, let's see. I definitely so Hickory is very large, which I actually think is not typical for his sport.
Isaac Allen Burns: Oh, that's true.
Rachel Baker: So this person that he's meeting is probably a lot smaller.
Rowan Collins: Okay. So tiny. Not tiny, just smaller.
Rachel Baker: Everyone's smaller than Hickory.
Rowan Collins: Oh, that's true.
Rachel Baker: That's true. And I imagine because there are a lot of bars, because it's foosball, probably Simeon maybe.
Isaac Allen Burns: Oh, Okay.
Rachel Baker: Something like that. Someone that can jump and climb really easily.
Hollie Baker: Yeah. Maybe has a prehensile tail. Possibly.
Rachel Baker: That's I feel
Hollie Baker: like that
Rowan Collins: would be it. My god.
Rachel Baker: An advantage.
Rowan Collins: Gonna put you in the box.
Rachel Baker: Yep. So I think that's what we're looking at. Probably dark colored. Maybe.
Isaac Allen Burns: Oh, yeah. Oh, okay. Yeah. You see that he's standing there and he says, hey, Hickory.
Rachel Baker: Oh, hey. Hey. I didn't know you would be here.
Rowan Collins: Funny meeting. He's definitely holding a picnic blanket.
Isaac Allen Burns: Wow. I guess we're here, aren't we?
Rachel Baker: I shouldn't be.
Isaac Allen Burns: Yeah. But neither should I though. But isn't that the fun of it?
Rachel Baker: Is this fun? I'm not having fun. My someone I know was hurt today.
Isaac Allen Burns: Oh, I'm really sorry to hear that. That's really tough. Do you wanna talk about it? Yeah. I do. He pulls out your favorite snacks, which as you're both sports people, it's like dehydrated protein jerky. Girl. Oh, god.
Hollie Baker: And your favorite energy drink.
Isaac Allen Burns: And your favorite
Rowan Collins: energy drink. What is your
Hollie Baker: favorite energy drink?
Rachel Baker: Bee Spritz. It's green. And on the front of it is just a crazy looking rabbit.
Isaac Allen Burns: Okay. Yeah.
Rowan Collins: It's feral.
Isaac Allen Burns: Bee Spritz brought to you by Bee Spritz. You brought Get your spritz on. Don't remember telling
Rachel Baker: you this was my favorite thing.
Isaac Allen Burns: I had a feeling. Yeah. See that he kinda like shuffles up to you and like kinda points towards the blanket and says, do we wanna
Hollie Baker: Yeah.
Isaac Allen Burns: Set that down and talk?
Rachel Baker: Yeah.
Isaac Allen Burns: Very good. You set down you set down the blanket, you have your snacks, and you talk. Little bit of tension in the air just because of how not like dangerous this is, but this is definitely like Thrilling. Thrilling almost.
Rowan Collins: Past curfew.
Isaac Allen Burns: He's past curfew. He's on enemy territory. He went through enemy territory to come and see you. And you're just kinda talking. He's telling you about, like, his first week at UV. How things are a little crazy right now, but he's doing good.
Rachel Baker: It's good to get out of Hickory's on head, I think.
Isaac Allen Burns: Yeah. Yeah. It's been
Rachel Baker: a shitty day.
Isaac Allen Burns: The conversation kinda ambles, I think, a bit, and he says, what's on your mind, Hickory? Something's got you kind of down. Do you wanna talk about your friend that got hurt? Well, there there's a couple
Rachel Baker: of things. One is my friend was hurt. Two is that, apparently, there is a little spy around here that knows what we've been up to, potentially.
Rowan Collins: Those are I don't know.
Isaac Allen Burns: You think someone's onto us?
Rachel Baker: I hope not.
Isaac Allen Burns: That'd be really bad. Yeah. It would be really bad. We could that would socially murder us. Our dads would be so mad.
Rowan Collins: I
Rachel Baker: mean, I was thinking more along the lines of, like, being accused of fixing the sport. But
Isaac Allen Burns: Oh, yeah. I mean, not too, but, like yeah. And sport is the most important thing.
Rachel Baker: It's the most important thing.
Isaac Allen Burns: It's the
Hollie Baker: most important thing.
Rachel Baker: Sport is life.
Isaac Allen Burns: If they suggested that we weren't giving it our all out on that field, that would devastate.
Rachel Baker: Me too.
Isaac Allen Burns: Because that's what that's what really drew us together, I think.
Rachel Baker: That's what brought us together.
Isaac Allen Burns: We give a 120% on the field every time. I've never seen someone whose nose is just as into the grindstone as mine is.
Rowan Collins: Bladder.
Isaac Allen Burns: What can I say? He kinda like leans in.
Hollie Baker: Yeah.
Rachel Baker: Hickory throws his giant arm
Rowan Collins: around him. Giant.
Isaac Allen Burns: Giant arm. You embrace. Aw. And I think it great feels
Rachel Baker: a little bit
Isaac Allen Burns: of peace for the first time. I think so. Y'all can communicate in a way that few people can, I think?
Rachel Baker: It's helpful. Nice. Do you wanna meet up later?
Isaac Allen Burns: Yeah. Absolutely. We're gonna have the game in two days, which is crazy.
Rachel Baker: Try and, like, stick around after?
Isaac Allen Burns: Yeah. I can stick around after. They let us the, you know, the polarian airship that comes in to pick us up and take us to the game stays until midnight. So Alright. I'll have some time.
Rachel Baker: You know where to find me.
Isaac Allen Burns: Yeah. I'm sure I'll have, like I'll have to step away from the boys to, like, massage my calves or something. I'll find some time.
Rachel Baker: I'm very helpful with that.
Isaac Allen Burns: Is that what we're
Rowan Collins: calling it these days?
Rachel Baker: Yeah. That's what the kids call it. This is Polaris.
Isaac Allen Burns: It's Polaris. Says, do you really think someone's onto us?
Rachel Baker: I don't know. I can try and find out. Yeah. But if if they are, does that mean you might not come
Isaac Allen Burns: back? You know, sport was my everything until I met you. Oh my. I think as long as I have you, I don't care about all that other
Rachel Baker: shit. Really? Yeah. Hickory does not say that back.
Isaac Allen Burns: You see that he he's too like in the moment of like professing great love for you that he's just like, know you're probably stunned by that.
Rachel Baker: So Absolutely.
Isaac Allen Burns: Yeah. But, hey. I think I need to go back inside. Yeah. We don't want that random spy person to find us. No. Hey. I'll see you on the field.
Rowan Collins: Yeah. Yeah. Okay. On the field.
Isaac Allen Burns: Yeah. And then he pulls out a little device and clicks it and poof, he's gone. Woah.
Rowan Collins: Magic. Oh god.
Rachel Baker: I think Hickory is gonna stay outside for a while.
Isaac Allen Burns: You stay outside for a while. What's going through Hickory's mind?
Rachel Baker: That was really scary.
Isaac Allen Burns: How so? How so?
Rachel Baker: Sports are life. This is all Hickory has. He's not magical in a magic school. Yeah. And his his fancy, who we did not name yet
Isaac Allen Burns: Yeah. I noticed named individual.
Rachel Baker: Right now.
Isaac Allen Burns: We don't know who his name is. We're gonna have multiple sessions to come up with a really good name
Rowan Collins: for him. No. Let's just let this linger. Let's find out later. Exactly. We'll find out later.
Rachel Baker: Hickory doesn't really have the option to choose anything but sports. Unless it's a musical.
Isaac Allen Burns: Unless it's a musical?
Rowan Collins: Like high school musical.
Rachel Baker: That caught me.
Isaac Allen Burns: That's right. We flash back to your father talking to you and says, the two things that I respect in this house is sports and musical theater.
Rowan Collins: So you gotta choose between the two of those.
Rachel Baker: Get your head in the game.
Rowan Collins: You gotta
Isaac Allen Burns: get your head in the game.
Rachel Baker: Get your head in the game.
Rowan Collins: Hickory. Get your head in You understand?
Rachel Baker: I do, but I'm putting my feet in the game.
Isaac Allen Burns: That's right. You put your feet and your everything in the game. You give a 130% in the game. You think about that. And if you wanna sing, that's okay too. But you gotta give a 130% to that as well. And then he, like, slaps you really hard on the back.
Rowan Collins: And then that's
Isaac Allen Burns: right. Alright. Now I'm gonna be gone for at least three months and maybe I'll see you at the end of that. Great. Be good. And then he and then we flash forward. Bring me
Rachel Baker: a present.
Isaac Allen Burns: Yeah. I'll think about it and then poof.
Rowan Collins: Oh my god.
Rachel Baker: That's so sad.
Rowan Collins: Does he go to get milk?
Hollie Baker: Oh. He probably does
Isaac Allen Burns: come back, but you know.
Rowan Collins: No. He does.
Isaac Allen Burns: Yeah. Hicker, you're standing there in these moments having these flashbacks. Mhmm. And could you give me an instinct check for me? Uh-oh.
Rowan Collins: That's a nine with hope.
Isaac Allen Burns: A nine with hope. Mhmm. That is a failure, but it is with hope. So I'll say this. You hear a snap of a twig. Oh. We have no idea where it came from.
Rachel Baker: That's enough to scare the crap out of him. He's gonna grab that blanket, take
Isaac Allen Burns: off. You take off. Yeah.
Rachel Baker: We're running back back to school.
Isaac Allen Burns: Hickory, you run back to the school, cross the field, back to the dorms. And we, the audience, will linger there for a moment. And shuffling out of the woods is a strange creature, its skin covered in a black
Rowan Collins: ooze Oh.
Isaac Allen Burns: Rambling and shambling forward. It's the next morning, and you three just so happen to have a class together at 8AM in the morning. Perfect. Yeah. Which is kinda late for Polaris standards as we've established. And I'm curious what class is that?
Hollie Baker: It's just very basically history of magic.
Isaac Allen Burns: History of magic? History of magic one zero two. Mhmm. That's right. The three of you are sitting in class. Do you sit together in class or you sit apart?
Rowan Collins: Vivi will definitely sit next to Rainey.
Isaac Allen Burns: Mhmm. And Hickory, where are you at in the classroom?
Rachel Baker: Probably sitting with Brad.
Isaac Allen Burns: Nice. Brad in the back. Yep. You're playing like a game.
Rachel Baker: Yeah. We're probably like kicking the hacky sack back and forth under the
Rowan Collins: desk. Wow.
Isaac Allen Burns: It's a good skill to grow in the sport. So you're gonna keep always practicing.
Rowan Collins: My god. Oh my god. You
Isaac Allen Burns: see that Brad in his other hand has fushigi balls that he's like just moving around like David Bowie.
Hollie Baker: I imagine giving the way the night before went, Vivi and Rainey tried
Rowan Collins: to get you to come and sit with them and
Hollie Baker: then they saw the hacky sack and they just waved you on.
Rowan Collins: They were like, I'm we're not really gonna We'll
Rachel Baker: talk to you later.
Isaac Allen Burns: No. No. You see up at the front that you see up at the front that your professor who is we're gonna name real fast. It is
Hollie Baker: Doctor Raz.
Isaac Allen Burns: Doctor Raz.
Rachel Baker: Razdoodle. Professor
Isaac Allen Burns: Razdoodle, an old Galappa, is at the front. And there are two circles on the board. One is, like, cut in half and one is cut in thirds. He says, today, students, we are going to be going over the two different models at which we understand the self, The two body model and the three body model. Now the two body model is
Rowan Collins: Vivi, like, taps Rainey under the desk with her, like, little leg to try and get your attention.
Rachel Baker: Rainey is
Hollie Baker: like taking notes but kind of glances over at you.
Rowan Collins: And then Vivi will like tap. She hadn't written a little note that says, have you had a chance to get into the office yet?
Hollie Baker: I'll write back and just say, not yet, right after
Rowan Collins: class.
Isaac Allen Burns: And
Rachel Baker: then Passing notes.
Rowan Collins: Yeah, they're passing notes. They live
Isaac Allen Burns: on after the fact, whereas the body is all of your physical, yours bones and skins and flesh.
Rachel Baker: Gonna pass one too. It says, do you like me? Y n. Circle one.
Rowan Collins: And does it like flick do you like flick it at us? Yeah. Does it hit one of us in the back of the head?
Hollie Baker: It's Vivi.
Rowan Collins: Vivi grabs it and looks at it, rolls her little eyes that rolls all the way, like her antenna rolled dramatically too. And she goes, she crosses or she makes a new box that says, not at this moment. Jack has. And then folds it back up and, like, tosses it behind her.
Rachel Baker: He snatches it out of the air because sports.
Rowan Collins: You're such reflexes.
Isaac Allen Burns: Anima is that it though it is incorporeal, we are able to measure it and
Rachel Baker: eat it. He's a little sad by that note.
Rowan Collins: Then Vivi writes another one that says, just kidding, you know I love you. But sit with us next time, jerk, sad face, kisses, x o x o, Vivi, just join Beth flaps it back up for you.
Rachel Baker: That's much better. I imagine this a hold up his hacky sack, like, I I gotta I'm gonna keep playing.
Isaac Allen Burns: Destroyed. This is a very important thing. Mhmm.
Rowan Collins: He will will just, like, roll her eyes again and like be like, okay, I
Rachel Baker: know. We are not listening to anything.
Hollie Baker: It's just very well known that professor Doodle is eyes sight is not good.
Rowan Collins: And Phoebe's definitely like taking notes by via the like recording device. Nice. It's like, she records every class anyway. So she doesn't, like, pay attention during the
Rachel Baker: because she just listens to class later?
Rowan Collins: Yeah. And she doesn't and she was too bored to, like, pay attention. She was she'll listen to it later.
Rachel Baker: Wow. Yeah. Dedication.
Rowan Collins: That's yeah. That's what she does. Anyway, as that is occurring, Viavi also will be like doodling a little like like scheme plan and then also like goes like lunch to Rainy next and goes lunch? Question mark.
Isaac Allen Burns: We have even dabbled in the idea of pulling Anima back.
Hollie Baker: Rainy, I think is desperately trying to pay attention and maybe her ears are twitching a little annoyedly, but she writes just a why.
Rowan Collins: And then Vivi writes like a little heart.
Isaac Allen Burns: This is just
Rowan Collins: like glass. This is
Isaac Allen Burns: just like glass.
Rachel Baker: The only difference is it wouldn't be crumpled. It'd be folded into like a little origami heart. Yeah. Yeah. You
Isaac Allen Burns: hear as our as our consciousness comes back to what the Galappa is saying. You see Razdoodle looks up and says, I believe that this is the time. And so now you all understand the basics of anima and the differences between the two body and the three body model and various aspects. These will be on the test, so make sure you've paid attention and taken good notes. The three of you are outside the classroom now. We have left the classroom.
Hollie Baker: That was
Rowan Collins: the most boring thing. Sorry about that, Hickory. It was just her being so annoying last night or with the, like, hacky socks. I didn't sleep very well. It was a fucking ileus.
Rachel Baker: You could've slept in the class.
Rowan Collins: I'm in the front row. Yeah. You thinking that I could sleep in the front row?
Rachel Baker: I've done it.
Rowan Collins: Okay. Not all of us are the star foosball whatever player you are. Okay. Not all of us can be captain.
Hollie Baker: And your hookup is offline, remember? So you might need to start paying attention in class. Nice. Boswell can't help you
Rachel Baker: if Boswell is offline. Oh, that's what you meant by hookup.
Rowan Collins: Yeah. Oh. Oh.
Hollie Baker: What did you think I meant?
Rachel Baker: I don't know.
Rowan Collins: Well, right. Speaking of that, have you fed him this morning?
Hollie Baker: Well, I fed both Foswald and I feel like we should have a code name for this, but I fed yours too. Do you want it back, by the way?
Rowan Collins: No. You're doing great. You're doing perfect. Is it still alive?
Hollie Baker: Yes. Still alive.
Rowan Collins: Okay. Perfect. You're doing way better than I did on my first three eggs.
Rachel Baker: Hope we found him.
Rowan Collins: Three? Yeah. What, Faz?
Hollie Baker: Well, you
Rowan Collins: wanna check on him on the way to the journalism classroom?
Rachel Baker: Know he was probably found.
Rowan Collins: Yeah. Sleeping in his office. Yes. Do we wanna see if anybody knows anything about it? I know we have our three.
Rachel Baker: I I was gonna go play some okay.
Rowan Collins: Are you gonna supposed to do.
Isaac Allen Burns: You say you say that and Brad comes up from behind you and like slaps you on the back and says, sup losers? Hey, Hickory. Yo. Check it out. What? You go play you go play frisbee with us in Yeah. Like five Yo. Yo. Check this out. What? Check it. I was talking to Connor. Connor said that his class he's got a class with fucking what's his name? Fazbear. And he didn't show up this morning. So If you don't if you have a class with Faz, he's, like, not in right now. So it's like free time. They waited fifteen minutes and said peace. And so I I have his class. Next, that means I ain't got class. We could play extra long for me today. Yes. Oh, hell yeah.
Rachel Baker: Okay, guys. I'll see you later. Bye.
Rowan Collins: Bye. Hickory, maybe you should go check on Fazel just in case. He is your advisor after He's your faculty advisor. Yeah.
Isaac Allen Burns: Oh, yeah. Faz is your, like, advisor or whatever.
Rowan Collins: Yeah. Just
Hollie Baker: go get go get
Rachel Baker: the Frisbee. I'll meet you out there.
Isaac Allen Burns: Oh, yeah. Yeah. Yeah. I'll get the good Frisbee this time because we're gonna play for a long time.
Rachel Baker: All day.
Rowan Collins: All day. Yeah. Fuck yeah. Go on one.
Isaac Allen Burns: Go on two. And he goes and like hits you in the chest like the jump up and the chest bump.
Hollie Baker: Have professor Thomas's class at 1PM. Yeah. You can't play Frisbee all day.
Rachel Baker: Class?
Rowan Collins: Yes. Go
Isaac Allen Burns: ahead. Yeah. Go ahead. And then Brad runs away. You go to Foswell's office first.
Hollie Baker: Yeah.
Rowan Collins: Yes.
Isaac Allen Burns: And, yeah, the door is there. The door is still unlocked.
Rowan Collins: We Still unlocked? Listen at the door.
Isaac Allen Burns: You listen at the door. Are you hearing nothing inside?
Rachel Baker: Is there anyone around that even looks like they know what's going on?
Hollie Baker: Or that anyone has come to check on him?
Isaac Allen Burns: You know, there's like a gaggle of students just kinda like going to and fro, but no one's really like going on towards the offices.
Rowan Collins: Vivi is gonna knock lightly and then peek open through the door.
Isaac Allen Burns: You peek through the door? Yeah. Can you roll just a d 12 for me? Roll a fate dice for me.
Rowan Collins: Oh, 11.
Isaac Allen Burns: 11. Nice. Nice. You open up the door, and do you see that there is a figure standing in the middle of the room? You can see their back, their arms are, like, crossed as though they're thinking. And you see, and you recognize it. Professor Lysander is in here right now.
Rowan Collins: Vivien, like, looks and, like, does her twitch, because I assume they have like essentially a coded sign language but with her like antenna where she's basically signed out professor Lysander on this side. With her like little antenna.
Hollie Baker: It's like a
Rowan Collins: thieves camp. Like a thieves camp
Hollie Baker: that we've established as long time friends. Like
Rachel Baker: is the one for ships when you use flags? Oh, yeah. Remember? You just use your arms.
Rowan Collins: Yeah. So yeah, the antennas. First, it's like a professor, which is like a like, her two her two antenna go out and then, like, spread back and forth. And then, like, it's like an l y s.
Isaac Allen Burns: Okay. You know what? Sure.
Hollie Baker: Yeah. That context.
Rowan Collins: She'll sign that and then Yeah. For any of them to say anything. We already knocked on the door. And then not Just before. Alright. It's okay. Go ahead. Vivi will open up the door and go, oh, hello, professor. Hey, professor Lysander.
Isaac Allen Burns: See, Lysander turns around to look at you and says, well, hey, you three. Wow. What a coinkydig that you three just happened to stumble in here.
Rachel Baker: So this is my what happened?
Hollie Baker: Where is professor Foswald here?
Isaac Allen Burns: Make a make a group
Rowan Collins: Can I
Isaac Allen Burns: Presence check?
Rowan Collins: I would like
Hollie Baker: I would
Rachel Baker: like to
Rowan Collins: lead this with
Hollie Baker: It's probably a good idea.
Rowan Collins: Is after I make an action role role to impress, persuade, or offend somebody. Is this I'm persuading him to think that we're, like, not. That we know nothing. We know
Isaac Allen Burns: nothing. Going right around the back to get the elbow.
Rachel Baker: Right.
Isaac Allen Burns: Okay. Sure. Yeah. You know what? Sure.
Rowan Collins: Whoo.
Isaac Allen Burns: What did what did you two roll for your presence reaction roles? It's just a group check.
Hollie Baker: Just a 12.
Rowan Collins: Just a
Isaac Allen Burns: 10? Okay. You unfortunately have a minus two to this role.
Rowan Collins: Oh, god. Oh, no. That's okay. Because I have a plus three. So is going to be 15 with fear.
Isaac Allen Burns: Oh, 15 with fear. It's
Rachel Baker: better than I thought
Isaac Allen Burns: it would be.
Rowan Collins: I'm a bard y'all.
Hollie Baker: Yes. Yep. A wordsmith.
Rowan Collins: A wordsmith bard.
Isaac Allen Burns: He looks at you, the three of you, with just an unreadable little half smile on his face and says, oh, you weren't aware that Oswald wasn't seen this morning for his classes. So as a fellow professor, I decided to stumble in on him and wouldn't you know, I find him here fully catatonic.
Rachel Baker: Sleeping? I don't think I've ever seen him sleep.
Isaac Allen Burns: You say it. Am so
Rowan Collins: proud of you for knowing what that vocabulary word
Rachel Baker: almost Thanks, Rainey, for helping me.
Isaac Allen Burns: Yeah. You know, that's interesting.
Rachel Baker: My vocab lessons. I did see
Isaac Allen Burns: you three here just yesterday. Yeah. Which is so strange.
Rowan Collins: You know?
Rachel Baker: Yeah. It's not strange. He's my that's my adviser.
Hollie Baker: It was adviser day. Yeah. Did you forget?
Rowan Collins: Yeah. I mean, you saw me.
Isaac Allen Burns: Well, interestingly enough, most adviser days are one on one meetings.
Hollie Baker: Right. They were. Yeah.
Rowan Collins: Yeah. The
Isaac Allen Burns: three of you were here yesterday, which is suspicious.
Rachel Baker: Yeah. Well, we were here yesterday, but I was in the office. I For my meeting. I had detention.
Rowan Collins: Yeah. We had detention together and then it was curfew. So we are why do you do you think that we would like to go out? Haven't you heard
Hollie Baker: of You
Isaac Allen Burns: see that he kinda puts his hands together and says, now look. I was there when the three of you got detention. And I was also there as I watched the three of you ambling in the halls, very clearly not in detention.
Rowan Collins: We have been dismissed. Our head of detention dismissed us.
Isaac Allen Burns: Really? That early?
Rowan Collins: Yeah. Wasn't that right, Rainey?
Hollie Baker: Yeah. No. It's it's true. And I was proctoring the detention. So that's what how I remember it.
Rachel Baker: Yeah. I've never done anything bad in my life.
Rowan Collins: Okay. Hickory.
Isaac Allen Burns: You know what Hickory? I think I believe you most out of. Well, then what brings you here to his office now? Do tell me.
Rachel Baker: Brad just told me he wasn't in class.
Rowan Collins: Yeah. That is.
Isaac Allen Burns: Oh, so you're just here to check on your dear professor.
Rowan Collins: Yeah. He's like He's he's important
Rachel Baker: to me and my family, wonk.
Isaac Allen Burns: You just said that out. Normally, Hickory people will just wink and nuts. But you know what? Oh. You know what? This has been really fun, but I'm gonna go ahead and pretend that I didn't see you three here, and the three of you can pretend you didn't see me here. How does that sound?
Rowan Collins: That sounds great. Would you like to enhance this deal at all?
Isaac Allen Burns: If you're about to ask me literally any question, ViVi, I'm not gonna answer it.
Rowan Collins: Okay. And
Isaac Allen Burns: if you record me, I'm gonna shut it off again.
Hollie Baker: Can I ask a question?
Isaac Allen Burns: You know what, Rainy? Yes. You may ask a question.
Rowan Collins: Right. ViVi's little antlers go or like antenna go down because she's like, she's a I trust you would give me a good question.
Hollie Baker: Well, my question, us all pretending that we didn't see each other here sounds mutually beneficial.
Rowan Collins: Yeah.
Hollie Baker: In the sense that we won't get in trouble. But what's the benefit for you?
Isaac Allen Burns: Let's just say that all the bricks that make up Polaris have their secrets. I'd hate to add mine to one of them. Are you a brick? Sometimes.
Hollie Baker: We'll review metaphors at your next tutoring session. Okay.
Rachel Baker: Okay. That helped me.
Isaac Allen Burns: Alright. Okay. And with that, my dear students, I think I'll take my leave and he brushes past the three of you and into the hallway.
Rowan Collins: Damn it.
Hollie Baker: Well, I Why was he here?
Rowan Collins: Well, that's my question. But maybe we ask him in a way that's he knows that we know that.
Hollie Baker: Do we trust him?
Rowan Collins: Well, he also doesn't wanna be trusted. Or like, he's also
Hollie Baker: because I thought we were gonna ask Costello.
Rachel Baker: Well, we were. But now, we saw them talking.
Rowan Collins: Oh yeah, they were. Last night, Lysander and Costello. And now, Lysander is in Foswald's office. I feel like they might be at opposing forces. If he doesn't want anybody else to know.
Rachel Baker: I think we have offices to loot.
Rowan Collins: Yeah. Anyway And
Rachel Baker: I have frisbee to play.
Rowan Collins: No. You're coming with us to the You journalism want to hold me back when I see that bitch.
Rachel Baker: Are you sure I wanna hold you back?
Rowan Collins: Hold me back when I see that bitch.
Isaac Allen Burns: Okay. That Very good. To the journalism class you go.
Rachel Baker: Oh, boy. And tell me about
Isaac Allen Burns: the journal as we walk into the journalism h HQ or rather the classroom that is used as the journalism HQ, what does this place look like? Tell us a little bit about it.
Rowan Collins: Great. So it is the Bostonian wing of journalism named after a previous founder of the journalism Boston. The Bostonian. Yes. There's a picture of one previous founder, Gemma Boston, who is on top of the room. And then everything else is kind of like like bunches of magazines, archives. There's a couple different there's like 12 different Pepe Silva, like Boom. So many scoops. There's so many, like, strings. In fact, to enter the room, you have to kind of navigate through the strings almost like a laser maze.
Isaac Allen Burns: Oh, like a laser maze in that one movie.
Rowan Collins: Yeah. That
Isaac Allen Burns: everyone knows and loves.
Rowan Collins: There's different color strings too because every single journalist in the club has a string attached to them. And if you mess with somebody else's string, that's like really bad.
Isaac Allen Burns: Oh, it's also if you attach your string to another clue that someone has, they get real mad about it too.
Rowan Collins: Yeah. Everybody's like incredibly protective and it also is like all over each other at all points.
Rachel Baker: I have a question.
Isaac Allen Burns: Yes. Of course.
Rachel Baker: Has Hickory ever been in this classroom before? Does he know these rules?
Hollie Baker: What does it mean? You tell us.
Rowan Collins: We stop at the door and Vivi turns around and goes, okay. Welcome to the Bostonian journalism wing. Do not touch anybody's string. You put if you put any string on anybody else's, I personally will get messed with. Now, there is a dark blue string here. That's Ilias. And I'm just saying whatever happens, happens.
Isaac Allen Burns: Alright.
Rowan Collins: But Don't touch it. But don't touch it in a way that anyone can see.
Hollie Baker: You got it?
Rowan Collins: Also, you have to navigate it by like doing a laser maze and that's kind of that's like really fun for you. Right? Because you're oh, shit. How are you gonna fit in here?
Rachel Baker: I can army crawl real good.
Rowan Collins: Okay. Alright. Great. We're gonna you're gonna army crawl.
Rachel Baker: And I brought my longboard today. Oh,
Rowan Collins: yeah. Alright. Longboard through. You're gonna have to longboard through.
Isaac Allen Burns: Like a like a a a mechanic at a car shop. Yep. Yeah. Literally. Gets down low, slides in, and you enter into the chaos that is the journalism wing.
Rachel Baker: He runs over his knuckles.
Rowan Collins: Oh, ouch. Oh, that hurt.
Isaac Allen Burns: You see that there are students ducking and weaving through string, old timey typewriters just to tippy tapping away really loudly and obnoxiously. Mhmm. And you hear people yelling at each other,
Rowan Collins: like, I'm gonna need that Scoopie tomorrow. I need it on my desk soon. Somebody get me pictures of that weird spider that hangs around the fire. I need those pictures today.
Isaac Allen Burns: And that's where we're gonna end this episode of DodoBorne. Tune in next time as we find out what's inside. Thank you, everybody, for listening. This has been a fun episode. Shout out to all the awesome people in the Discord. Truly, if you wanna take a moment, shout out. One thing that's been fun is that if you go to our Patreon and join the mixed bag sorry. Let me try that again. If you go to our Patreon and join the handful of gold tier, you can get access to our squawk bags. And people have been sending in some really fun intros, some fun music to intro our squawk backs where we talk about the the we do a talkback of the show. Can you tell I prepared this beforehand? A behind the scenes look, our thoughts and feelings on the show, what was happening, some fun bits. Check that out.
Rowan Collins: Sometimes we get into arguments that are complete non sequiturs.
Isaac Allen Burns: You can just
Rowan Collins: see here how my brain works.
Isaac Allen Burns: Sometimes I say a lot of things the same way multiple times as though I have a touch of ADHD. What? But that's okay. You can hear us there. And check us out on the Discord link in the description below. A lot of fun stuff happening there. Love that. You so much. If you love the show, if you're enjoying this, go ahead and give us five stars on your podcast app of choice. We do read every single one. They fill us with happiness and joy. Joy.
Rowan Collins: Joy.
Isaac Allen Burns: And it really helps us out a lot. But from me to you to yours, Squawk on three. One, two, three. Squawk. Hey. It's Podcast. Well, hello there, everyone. It's me, professor Razdoodle. I'm subbing in for Isaac because he got tired of doing this in the same voice and wanted to find some way to make it little more interesting. And I think that we've discovered that after my exciting class lesson that I gave in this here episode, I think I am one of the more interesting people in this one. Anyhoo, shout out to no. There's no way it's gonna go. Shout out to Rachie Loves You, Emma, World of Gariva, Condor Blue, Niklas W, Tales by Daggerlight, Darcy r, Joshus seven zero eight, minor thoughts, Kola Cago, Maria Dubs. Say it in a way like we just broke up. CEO Zorak. Dirty bird, tabletop optimist, batty bright, muscles dynamite, BDS at dorkmaster. Thank you all so much again. Your support means so much. Y'all are the best. Y'all are awesome. Love you all to pieces, and hope you have a wonderful day or night whenever you're listening to this. Squawkulator.