Classlist CEO Susan Burton interviews Jimi Slattery, CEO of CompassionMatters. Org. Key highlights are Jimi's description of the work they are doing in schools to build up compassion in their pupils. The end result - children who complete the course are better prepared to think about ethical issues, make positive changes to themselves and above all be more compassionate. And happier.
In this podcast Jimi and I discuss the importance of community. How important it is to belong. How it’s a basic human need that is core to our happiness and well being. As we emerge from lockdown over the next couple of months. We are going to have to rebuild our school communities that have been frankly a bit neglected the past year. Jimi is here to discuss his work in schools, his thoughts on belonging and why compassion matters. Including:
- How did you come up with the idea of Compassion Matters?
- How did you and your team build trust with school leaders? What tactics did they deploy?
- How have you adapted to the different challenges during school lockdown?
- Where do you see the future of Compassion Matters?
- In light of remote learning, how will this impact your plans to educate pupils about compassion in the future?
- Ordinary Magic- Resilience in Development
- Podcast- Grief Cast with Carriad Lloyd
- Podcast - First Person Plural
- The compassion project- Dr Julian Abel
- Born to be good: The science of a meaningful life - Dacher Keltner
What is Community Expert Podcast?
Welcome to the Classlist CX - Community Expert podcast series. Where our aim is to inspire and guide you with insight and advice from our community of experts.
Throughout this series we share best practice from successful school community leaders. In addition we discuss possible career opportunities beyond the school gate. Last but not least we hear from leading speakers from the wider world of community.