Scrible is about the writing process.
- Impact of AI on writing.
- What does “embrace it” actually mean?
- It’s important to define it appropriately.
- We talk about teaching and learning together, but they diverge a little bit here.
- How does embracing it mean that students are using cognitive skills.
- Litmus test for the use of automation in education: Does it help develop or bypass the development of a skill?
- It’s ok to have automation as skills are increasing.
- Granularity is key.
- Map activities in the writing process to skills along the way.
- The “I use it myself” reason may not be good enough for our rising generation.
- Conflation of cognitive development mode with productivity mode.
- Education isn’t about being productive.
- When compliance is gone, they realize it’s all fake.
- Good writers and not good writers.
- Don’t let what it does for you strongly shape what we should be doing for the next generation.
- Lived experience bias - because I lived this, i have this experience.
- What’s best for students?
- First principles perspective
- If we don’t give them the opportunity to gain skills early on, we run into a situation where people won’t know what good looks like.
- What if you stop teaching math and just give kids calculators.
- Connect on LinkedIn
Meet Victor Karkar
, the brains behind Scrible, a game-changing startup that’s shaking up the way we do web-based research and collaboration. Victor’s been around the block in both the Internet and biotech sectors, mainly focusing on product management and business development. He was an instrumental part of the early team at insuranceOrder.com, a startup that got snapped up by the Fortune 500 giant, Marsh & McLennan. Oh, and he even dipped his toes into the venture capital world with a gig at New Enterprise Associates. So yeah, he’s seen the startup life from all angles.
But what really makes Victor tick? He’s a modern-day Renaissance person. In the startup world, you’ve got to be a jack-of-all-trades, and Victor’s worn every hat you can think of—designer, product developer, tester, marketer, you name it. He’s a tech nerd at heart, with a deep respect for the engineers and scientists who are pushing us into the future. He’s got a keen eye for clean, thoughtful design and is borderline obsessive about the details.
Victor’s a debate geek turned entrepreneur who loves nothing more than a well-crafted argument or a slick presentation. He’s a dreamer who believes that a few good people can really change the world. But he’s no pie-in-the-sky idealist; he knows that to make lasting change, you need a rock-solid operation to back up those big ideas."
Support our Sponsors
SchoolAI: The Classroom Operating System:
Help your teachers save 10 hours a week. Sign up for a free account and see new AI-generated experiences that will change the way you teach.Scrible:
Worried about AI Plagiarism? Take the high road and improve your students' skills before they feel the need to cheat with this modern research and writing platform for schoolFocalPointK12
: Manage student portfolios that they can take with them with blockchain technology and AI assisted grading. Listen to our interview with the founder and chief learning officer here.