Today’s guest is Blair Enns. Blair is the founder and CEO of Win Without Pitching, a sales training organization for creative professionals. Blair is also the author of two books, The Win Without Pitching Manifesto and Pricing Creativity.
"Curiosity is the most valuable asset when it comes to consultative selling or value based pricing. Let go of any presuppositions and just be curious.”
- How removing distractions from his life enabled him to build his business the way he wanted to.
- Pricing on value, and how to think about pricing in general.
- Why you have to master the conversation before you can master selling.
- It’s hard to have a value conversation with a prospective client if you don’t think in terms of value yourself.
- Go into conversations with clients without any presuppositions about what their problems are, what the solution might be, or what the cost of the solution might be.
- Creatives have to learn how to have conversations about value, and improve their conversational skills so they can get out of the “presentation business”.
Important Mentions in this Episode
- Win Without Pitching
- The Win Without Pitching Manifesto
- Pricing Creativity
- Blair Enns on Twitter
- Blair Enns on LinkedIn
What is Live In The Feast?
Live In The Feast is a seasonal podcast for developers and designers looking to discover their niche to build recurring revenue. So that they can live the life that they want and ultimately reach the goals of why they started their own business in the first place. Each season will be a theme specific to your business. And each episode features a guest who's been there before and achieved success. You'll get actionable takeaways for you to implement in your business immediately after each show. No fluff, no pie in the sky dreaming, this is real-life examples and takeaways for you.