For today's guest I brought on Conner from @rocpokemon. If you haven't heard of him before, today is your lucky day because he is a financial professional during the day and at night a Pokemon collector and investor. His insight so is grounded and well informed - with everything that he talks about, he brings it back to a financial principle/concept/thesis so take out your notebook, you will need it!
Here's how you can find Conner:
- Instagram: @rocpokemon
- Intro | 0:00:00
- Conner's Background | 0:03:34
- Harry Potter Cards | 0:12:05
- If you don't have the cash, it's not a good deal | 0:20:37
- Discussion around patterns in the market | 0:28:38
- Mitigating risk | 0:34:27
- Paying too much for cards? | 0:43:30
- Asset allocation in hobby collecting | 0:52:51
- Japanese Market | 1:10:24
- Market education | 1:18:21
- More Japanese Market | 1:22:02
- Conner's Buying Strategy for 2021 | 1:33:40
- Logan Paul's Recent Auction - they're buying more than just the packs | 1:55:22
- Have we hit the Pokemon Cap this year already? | 2:06:53
- Where you can reach Conner | 2:24:17
What is Geeked Out Collecting?
At Geeked Out Collecting podcast we apply financial and investing principles to our hobby collecting - from trading card games like Pokemon and Magic the Gathering to Comic books and Funko Pops, we do it all. The goal is to turn dusty hobby collections into profitable nest eggs.
Find us on: www.geekedoutcollecting.com