Darrel and chats with Dr. Lina-Maria Murillo, Assistant Professor of Gender, Women’s, and Sexuality Studies and History at the University of Iowa, about her research at the intersections of borderlands history and reproductive justice.
- The Andrew W. Mellon Foundation’s generous support through its Sawyer Seminar program allowed “Imagining Latinidades: Articulations of National Belonging” to launch at the University of Iowa. This podcast was born from the Sawyer Seminar and we hope it will continue on afterward.
- The Obermann Center for Advanced Studies, at Iowa, was the birthplace of our Seminar theme, which gave rise to this podcast.
- Dr. Murillo’s faculty profile at Iowa: Lina-Maria Murillo | Gender, Women’s and Sexuality Studies
- For more information about Latina/o Studies at Iowa, check out Latina/o Studies | College of Liberal Arts & Sciences | The University of Iowa
- For more info about where Dr. Murillo got her degree, see Ph.D. in Borderlands History < UTEP
- The blog that was discussed: Borderlands History
- The Braceros oral history stuff that Dr. Murillo discussed: Bracero Oral History Project | Institute of Oral History | University of Texas at El Paso
- Twitter, Instagram, Facebook: @ImaginingLat
- Hosts on Twitter: Darrel is @DoctorDWS, Ariana is @aryruiz710, Rene is @rene5311
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Our cover art, a photo of an installation titled “El Hielo / I.C.E,” is provided courtesy of the artist, Fidencio Fifield-Perez.
- Music by Juan Ruiz.
- Our hosting is provided by Transistor.fm, which we really love.
- Our podcasting app of choice is Overcast.fm, which also makes a handy app that streamlines the process of making the chapter markers in this podcast.
What is Imagining Latinidades?
Three Latina/o professors discuss topics and interview guests central to Latina/Latino/Latinx Studies today.