In this episode, Adam talks to Matt Biilmann CEO of Netlify about building the Netlify dashboard, and what makes it feel so fast.
- Walking through how a single screen in the app is rendered in step-by-step detail
- How they separate container components and presentational components to make things easier to reason about
- How the Redux store is organized
- How they handle caching data on the client and deciding when to bust the cache
- How the API is designed
- Why they are sticking with REST instead of Graphql
- How they handle authentication in their app
- DigitalOcean, get your free $50 credit at do.co/fullstack
- Cloudinary, sign up and get 300,000 images/videos, 10GB of storage and 20GB of monthly bandwidth for free
What is Full Stack Radio?
A podcast for developers interested in building great software products. Every episode, Adam Wathan is joined by a guest to talk about everything from product design and user experience to unit testing and system administration.