Thomas Haines is a software engineer and entrepreneur . He is the CEO/Founder of Practice Insight and he currently works on the company's latest tool - WiseTime, an autonomous, privacy first timekeeping software. Tom holds a BSc, LLB (Hons), and LLM, and has qualified as a solicitor, barrister and Australian registered patent attorney.
- Tom's winding journey into legal profession and becoming an entrepreneur
- When creating product, the importance of solving a real business problem (especially when it can also uncover principal opportunities at your firm)
- The importance of creating elegant software, but focusing on the small things and augmenting the users current workflow
- Tom's rule of positioning software - show an expected 6X return on investment. This will help mitigate the risk associated with adoption, change management, and implementation
- How one call from a $700M business changed Tom's life
- How a product with $0 revenue can still have the most potential and promise
- What is WiseTime and what does autonomous privacy focused time keeping mean?
- Value in automating/eliminating low level tasks
- The three pillars of timekeeping software
- When it comes to privacy - the starting point should be that the data belongs to the individual. And why this privacy first principle has made the difference between firms adopting the technology, and not.
What is Fringe Legal?
Fringe Legal is a podcast discussing the future of the legal profession. Aimed at law firm leaders and influencers, each episode is a thoughtful discussion with a diverse range of voices about ideas impacting the evolution of the legal profession.
Along the way, we’ll learn about challenges to be overcome, what’s worked in the past, and expert tips on what could make a difference in the future.