Haus is one of the most exciting brands in the DTC space right now. Combining a product steeped in cultural tradition with a cutting edge 21st century approach to eCommerce, they’re working to reshape the ways that Americans consume alcohol.
Kristen’s conversation with founder Helena Price Hambrecht is all about the ways that Haus has both built their own market and disrupted a broader industry.
Part two coming soon.
- Competing in a space that favors massive corporations
- How the American alcohol industry mirrors fast food
- Building a product experience specifically around community and sharing is a powerful tool for organic growth
- Combining generations of winemaking experience with a decade of Silicon Valley expertise
- Here’s the podcast Kristen mentions, with a lot more information on Helena’s background
- How Haus imported a European approach to drinking to the US with millennials in mind
- Consumer products need to be gold standard from the beginning- you can’t iterate a beta over time once it’s in the market
- Using word-of-mouth as a growth lever when there’s not a financial base for paid advertising
- Why Haus puts the product in context in all their imagery
- Customers don’t want the “what”- they want the “why”
What is Playing for Keeps?
Retaining customers has never been more important for eCommerce businesses. Join Kristen LaFrance, eCommerce retention specialist and head of community at Churn Buster, as she interviews guests from the top subscription businesses to learn how the best in the DTC space are retaining customers. If you're growing a subscription based business, running a subscribe and save program on your site, or just plain interested in hearing stories from the top DTC businesses, Playing for Keeps is for you.