DM: Where'd my paper go that has the right ad on it?
Friar Peteor: Next. Right. You're fired. It's right now.
DM: There it is. There it is. Tired of walking up next to a stranger? Paranoid that your confidant isn't who they say they are? Order our doppelganger detector now. No. It's a joke. Don't have a sponsor.
Friar Peteor: I want one. How much? You're gonna take my money.
DM: Only only four payments of $99.99.
Geogo: I have a corporate credit card.
Friar Peteor: There you go. Yeah. You get it? It's just a big hat pin. Poke them in the butt.
DM: Poke poke poke.
Friar Peteor: There you go. Oh.
DM: So last time we were we left off, you guys had all joined in a a meeting room, like a conference room that was set up with a large table in the middle. Besides the six of you, you'd hey, Carlos. Before we start, why don't you why don't you describe your character? Give give a little background about who who you are and everything else.
Akuz: I didn't. So he's an elf. He's around six two, blonde hair, green eyes, kind of a fair skin, you know. You could definitely tell he's like a high elf type look to him. He's got on I forget what I gave him for gear. Look.
DM: Has he got the monocle over one eye?
Akuz: Yeah. No. He's he's not missing anything yet. So he's got a yeah. They got the adamantium brush plate on him. You know, he's definitely got a shield and a mace. Yeah. Not a whole lot. I haven't really flushed his character out yet.
DM: Any holy symbols?
Akuz: He has an amulet, but I don't know what all the gods are. Because again, I didn't take a look at it. But he's definitely got an amulet on him of something, because he's lawful neutral.
DM: Yeah. So the good the good news is the new the new version of d and d doesn't really delve into the gods. So you can leave it as divine magic, or you can actually pick a god out of the old twenty fourteen modules, handbooks that you're available to you. So either way. So as I said
Renauld: Sorry to interrupt, Gary. Out of curiosity, Carlos, what, what temple does, what order, I guess, does your does your cleric serve, if any, in Waterdeep? Or you haven't decided?
Friar Peteor: Life Yes. I
Akuz: I haven't. I like I said, I'd I was trying to I've been a lot busier here recently, so I was getting him done the other night.
Renauld: The the reason I'm asking is, I'm playing a Paladin, and mine belong belongs to the Halls of Justice, the Order of Tear. So if, that is something similar or adjacent to, we might be on the same page here.
Friar Peteor: Halls of justice.
Geogo: Are we about to have a holy war?
Renauld: We're we're we're we're about to embark on a crusade.
DM: The crusade. Yes.
Akuz: It's a good thing I brought my crusader gear. Oh.
Renauld: Because nobody expects the Waterdeep Inquisition. Yay.
Geogo: I like you guys so much.
Akuz: Yeah. I'll have to look up the gods or that that that different things. I was trying to figure that out. But like I said
Friar Peteor: I can link you the
Renauld: page if you want.
DM: Yeah. Link just link up the twenty fourteen pages of the gods. Be done with it.
Renauld: I'll post it in the Yeah. The link in the campaign.
DM: Okay. Alright.
Geogo: Okay.
DM: So as I was saying, aside from the five of you that came into the room, you also had a tall wolf wolf and humanoid with a a small petite female. You had two dwarves with with a giant with both had giant mohawks, one red, one orange. You also had a another female of the divination realm hanging out with a dragonborn. And late to the party, after you guys have been talking for a little bit, about the same time those missives came in that each of you received, an elf, as already described, comes walking in to the room as well. For those of you who forgot what the room looks like, it is almost like a standard boardroom, but on the side the wall opposite the door that you came in is pretty much floor to ceiling plate glass windows that overlook out into the sky, which puts you a few hundred feet above water deep. So we got a great view. You also notice that there's a few wispy clouds going by. And as you interview who walk up to the actual windows and look, you know, over the edge or up down, you can see looking up, can see the bottom of a couple of those floating towers as they rotate around the main main tower. The looking down, there's a bit of a Disney Disney vertigo. As I said, there's a few hundred feet between you and the Harbor Of Waterdeep, but you get a great view of Waterdeep. The city from above is the outlying lands. The dwarfs have been entertaining themselves by seeing if they can drain the one of the multiple barrels of alcohol that are in the room. You're figuring the area around the barrels are gonna be rather sticky with the amount of alcohol that's not making it into their bellies.
Friar Peteor: The barrels are losing.
DM: Yes. The barrels are losing this round very quickly. But there's a variety of Elvin Elvin wine, regular drinks, nonalcoholic, alcoholic, and a lot a lot of food. Servants are coming and going. Servers are coming and going to make sure the stuff is restocked to refresh. Oops. Let me get my note up.
Friar Peteor: Any nice salads.
DM: Oh, there's plenty of greens.
Friar Peteor: Oh, very good.
DM: Some of the freshest greens you've seen in a while.
Friar Peteor: Oh, these are especially oh, try this. These are very crisp.
Akuz: Oh, so this character can speak in in syllables unlike Torch.
Friar Peteor: Oh, yes. No. No. Torch Torch's a completely different guy. Yeah.
Akuz: Yeah. This is like, oh, I'm not used to hearing this voice.
Friar Peteor: And yet, strangely, also in this same universe.
Akuz: Hey. What's this thing? What's this cleric? If this character gets vaporized, I can bring you back. So
Friar Peteor: so Pitor is a a little four foot eight tall tortle. He's a humanoid turtle. He is he he goes around with a a walking stick. He's got, like, a cloak over his back with some very strange intricate designs on them. He wears giant Google glasses. And, yeah, he's got he's got an amulet with a a golden book around his neck.
Akuz: I think I've seen this character in Star Wars one time.
Friar Peteor: Yes. A lot like that.
DM: I don't know what the forces the forces with me.
Akuz: There you go.
Renauld: Have you ever seen the master of disguise? Basically
Geogo: Oh my god. I guess
Geo: well, like
Friar Peteor: There's also aspects of that as well. At least visually, but not because that was such a bad turtle.
DM: Are you talking
Geogo: about a A turtle. Danny Carvey.
Renauld: I turtling enough for the
Geogo: turtle the worst role of his life.
Friar Peteor: Turtle enough for the turtle club?
DM: So to refresh some of your memories on the information that the council of Arcosa had shared with you was they believe the clan the giants have work been working to reunite under one banner to reunite the war. It was it's by these the little folk that now occupy the world. It's known as the thousand year war. The giants just simply call it the the the dragon war. But during that during that war, the giants created a giant war machine known as the Volnidin Volnidod. Excuse me.
Geogo: Volnidod, v o n I n d o d?
DM: Yep. And that is something I'll screw up pronunciation for the entire campaign. Volnidod. They had a the council had a spy, one of their sources, report to them out of the giant cloud city known as Zephyrus. Since that source at or excuse me. No. The cloud city's name is Nicholas Nikolas, excuse me, and it's controlled by the cloud giant clan known as Zephyrus. The source has not been heard from since the last contact. They believe the Volnaudad is near completion and the only thing that needs to it's needed to come to life again is the a captured fire primordial that has been is believed to be lost in the city of Gauntlet Grimm, which is a dwarven city floating in the Astral Sea because of a magical ritual gone wrong near the end of the thousand year war. There is a clan, a fire giant clan known as the Orin or excuse me. Yeah. That another source for the council has said is working to create a portal in Firestorm Peak. At the same time, the dragon tears comets come by, which actually increases the magical effectiveness of spells and rituals that should allow them to transport to the lost city of Gauntlet Grimm in the Astral Sea.
Geogo: So way the way line search, Gary, that
DM: you were about? That'll be the way line search.
Geogo: Okay.
DM: The primordial used to when the dwarven city before it was lost to the Astral Sea was run by the clan dwarven clan fire forge. The fire primordial is the creature that they used to basically run their intense furnaces for their efforts of smelting and creating their various items. That is a summation just to catch everybody back up. The council also said the Dragon's tier is going to be arriving anywhere from two to four days. The the counselor that spoke about it said he said he wasn't the best one to do it and the archmage was not available to actually talk with you guys because he didn't show up for the council.
Friar Peteor: That'd of concern?
DM: There was actually three council members missing. One of the council members the one of the one of the empty chairs had a a what's it called? Not turquoise. They they see blue. Each of them that that was missing had a different colored banner laid across it. One of them was see blue. The other was a copper throw, and the final one was a bronze.
Geogo: Can you confirm didn't we each have a corresponding color banner ourselves?
DM: You did. And there's none of them were so the three that we're missing
Geogo: Are not affiliated with us.
DM: Affiliated with any of you.
Geogo: Okay.
Friar Peteor: There's a hint. Their people didn't show up, they got kicked out.
DM: Or they might be one of the other six people that are in the room with you guys.
Geogo: Right. Or or they never got the message because the council member that was intended to bring them in didn't go through with it. Okay. Can you Gary, can you clarify? I have a note that it was four days till the dragons to your comet from last week. Is that still
DM: Yeah. It it's that's the prediction from let me get his name right for you. Zyla suggests that the earliest the comet should arrive is about is within two days and the latest with it four days away.
Geogo: Okay.
DM: And he and he was very frustrated that the arch the council's archmage was not available to actually give a more accurate prediction.
Geogo: So in addition to the three missing council members, we're also missing the archmage or he's
DM: not responsive? He's he's one of the three that didn't show for the council. Okay. And recalling back to that conversation, you noticed that when he's when he voiced his frustration, he'd looked over at the chair that had the blue drape on it.
Geogo: Okay. So c blue is the archmage. What color is Akuz affiliated with?
DM: Surprisingly enough, he has a he has a medallion that's got a a copper ribbon on it that you notice.
Geogo: Okay.
DM: So it was let me find the let me find his title. Arcosa, I will get you the more background information on your on your sponsor at a later date. My apologies.
Akuz: Yeah. No worries.
DM: I'll I'll fill you in later. Also, all your missives that you guys received while you get while service was serving food, it is at your discretion as players to share as much or as little as you want. But you all received each of you during the course received a a small satchel that contains magical excuse healing potions, which you guys should have all been listed as well. And it's not just you, but the entire group, and they all received satchels with it.
Geogo: Stuff and things.
DM: Yep. Stuff and things. Does anybody any other questions or engagements you guys wanna do? Nope. Okay.
Friar Peteor: Not me. I mean, other people might.
DM: Yep. So
Geogo: Do we need to introduce ourselves again so that Akuze is familiar with all of our characters?
DM: Yeah. Why don't you go why don't you go around the room and do that? That'd be a good thing. So and then I'll introduce the six NPCs that are also in the room.
Geogo: Okay.
DM: Why don't we start with you, Gio? We can start with you.
Geogo: Okay. My character or I am, Georgie Sarel, which is basically literal nomenclature for Simple Farmer. He is a youngish, oldish man, let's say, in his forties, where his actual age is not easily identifiable, but he's still in what would be the prime of a human's life. He was raised by two loving parents who were serfs of a noble lord and effectively served as the whipping boy of said nobleman's son. So he was accordingly afforded a valuable education and magical training while still working long hours and days outside of said training. When the nobleman's son who did not take said training as seriously did not do well, Georgie was punished. As he was nearing the peak of his young adulthood, something very terrible happened, and he made some very poor choices. At which point, he struck out on his own and is now looking to both make up for his previous actions and also find a way to undo them and or prevent said things from happening again in the future. Also, he is a wizard slash artificer.
DM: And don't forget, you guys can share as much or as little information about the mechanics of the characters you want above the table.
Geogo: He's mostly wizard. He just took one level of artificer, so his constitution is not absolute garbage because wizards are, again, squishy.
Friar Peteor: Clint Eastwood with a wizard cap.
Geogo: He's basically he's a magic mechanic.
Friar Peteor: That's cool.
Geo: Yeah.
DM: Renault. Renault. How about you next?
Renauld: Oh, are we doing character introductions again?
DM: Yeah. Basically. Yeah. Just for the sake of Akuza.
Renauld: Okay. Akuza. Renault is a he's a paladin, about about six foot five wearing a full plate. He was racing the streets of Waterdeep and got accepted not not got accepted, but got picked up by the church and eventually rose to the ranks of a paladin and has been often sent on missions that the church of justice can that the halls of justice consider to be worthy causes. He is an oath of vengeance paladin, so he is always there to seek to to right all the injustices that that he sees in the world. And he's been recruited by the council of Acacia to basically go on this little crusade.
DM: Brother Pryor Peter.
Friar Peteor: Oh, woah. Thank you. Well, I'm so glad that Eccus is here to to join us today. It's really wonderful having a a full entire party ready to step forth into the unknown. There we can go and learn new things. You've probably noticed that I look a little different from the rest of you. I I do come from a a turtle background. That that that does sort of explain the giant shell on my back and the fact that I'm only about, oh, slightly smaller in height than your average dwarf. But, in fact, I've had quite a good life. I I know I may look a little bit older than most of you, but, in fact, it's it's been
Geo: a good life. And I've I've still got
Friar Peteor: a little a little spring in my step once in a while, and I look forward to spending a good time out on the out on the road with you.
DM: Rowan, you're up next.
Akuz: Hello.
Rowan: It's nice to meet you. My name is Rowan.
Friar Peteor: The end. The end.
Rowan: My head hurts. I'm sorry. Life was not always easy. Started in the streets and then got brought into the monastery where they taught me how to fight. But being in the streets, I couldn't help but to pick up a few skills that helped me survive, and they also helped me survive in the monastery where some of my teachers were a little bit more, how shall we say, strict stricter than others, and I needed to find food or get around a particular obstacle that they put in my way. My skills are known to my
Akuz: benefactor. The benefactor knows what
Rowan: I can do, and I have performed jobs from a benefactor in the past for a price, of course. And to our mutual satisfaction, this business arrangement has, excuse me, has been in place for a while.
DM: He's been over there trying to hang out with the dwarfs. Yes.
Rowan: I have been known to enjoy the drink every once in a while. I can't
Friar Peteor: help my backgrounds. I just wanna hug everyone.
Rowan: I I just I can hug the liquor. I swear. I can hug it. I can't. I can't. I I be pretty fine.
DM: And you wonder why most of the drinks is on the floors right now, instead of
Geogo: Well, that's why I just almost spit on my screen.
Rowan: I just I just I just had a little drinky poo.
DM: So, Lisa, are you up for an introduction?
Selyse: Not really.
DM: Okay. We can do it next time. No worries. But do a quick just overview. Well, that that's an overview of everybody that's there. So for those of you that are arcane practicers, you guys get a that tingly sense, that little spider sense that happens when magic goes off every now and again. And you notice that Nope. For those
Friar Peteor: of you Say
DM: again?
Friar Peteor: Nope. Didn't feel a thing.
DM: Didn't feel a thing. Geo, it really for Geo, you you really it it almost like the static electricity goes off. And you could you could feel series of powerful spells go off in different parts of the room. Mhmm. And as you glance over in the, excuse me, over in the corner of the room by one of the barrels and barrels and tables over by where the dwarfs are, one of the wait staff seems to shimmer and disappear for a moment. And the next thing, it's suddenly, the there's a you you hear the next thing everyone hears simultaneously is the breaking of crystals, and the room is starting to feel almost immediately starts feeling filling filling, not feeling, filling with a yellowish yellowish green fog that lightly obscures the room. If you guys would all like to pull up your D and D Beyond, we'll start the session. No. Okay.
Geo: Woo hoo.
Rowan: I'm on.
Friar Peteor: Who wants to be close to me?
Geogo: You just gonna, like, go can turtles actually shrink their head back into their their
Renauld: Yeah.
Friar Peteor: Bell? Absolutely that I that
Rowan: I have.
Geogo: Well, you can also breathe underwater for, like, a long period of time. Right?
DM: Or hold your breath for a long time.
Geogo: Time. Like an hour?
DM: I'll do something like that. Yeah. Look at that.
Geogo: I think I think so. Alright.
DM: Let's see.
Geogo: I'll try again. Start the launch game. There we go. Nope. It says wait for your
DM: Hold on. Yeah. I've gotta I hadn't had to start the session.
Geogo: That's okay.
DM: There we go. I gotta push the button. Find the button.
Geogo: What's new in maps? The 2024 monster manual is now available. Oh, I see where we are. Okay. So you're saying from which corner, Gary?
DM: So I will ping it. Let me get a ping going. So this is I will ping the each of the areas that you felt the magic there, Geo.
Geogo: Okay.
DM: Why isn't it pointing ping? Why isn't that working? Oh. Because I'm not on
Geogo: I saw Wastaff l five ping. There you go.
Friar Peteor: Bottom left hand corner. Bottom right hand corner. Yeah.
DM: Top hand corner. Top right hand corner. So as do you as you see the the you Gio, you saw the one on the furthest away from you. Kinda flash out for a second, then all of a sudden the room's got this yellowish green smoke.
Geogo: Mhmm.
DM: And there's a rapid and the the shattered crystals all around. Everybody hears the crystals. Everybody can see the smoke coming out. I need everyone in the room to give me a constitution save as the choking smoke starts impacting you.
Friar Peteor: Or just hold our breath?
DM: You can hold your breath. I'll hold my breath. Okay.
Geogo: Do we have any option if if we're aware of it to make a move before the con save?
DM: What would you like to do?
Geogo: Would like to
DM: To give him your
Geogo: spell magic.
Rowan: Alright.
DM: Which the spell magic is
Geogo: At third level, it's it's Yeah.
DM: The spell magic is
Geogo: voice and semantic. I don't need to do anything or I don't have anything. I just would have to cast it.
DM: What are you trying to dispel?
Geogo: I have the impression based on the and I can roll a a whatever check you decide
DM: Yeah.
Geogo: That they are casting some sort of abjuration
DM: That would be to So if you're trying to stop them from casting, that's a counterspell, not a spell.
Geogo: I can counterspell as well. Yeah. I didn't know if it was already I can cast counterspell. I would do the same at third level.
DM: Do you do it at third do you do it at third level?
Geogo: Second level.
DM: The nice thing is you don't waste this you don't waste this lot, but nothing happens.
Geogo: Okay.
DM: As I as I said, it was a very powerful spell that went off.
Geogo: Alright. I got a 10 on my constitution check.
Selyse: Mine's in the log. It's 17.
Rowan: I You're good?
Selyse: Really yeah. I can't really talk. So sorry.
DM: No. I'm
Geogo: I'm just watch. I mean, try try try to look at it because I
DM: I'm pulling
Geogo: up right now.
DM: I just gotta get all the logs pulled back up.
Friar Peteor: No.
DM: Half the time, it doesn't save.
Akuz: Why did that hold up.
DM: There we go.
Rowan: Why save?
DM: Brother Peter, you just holding your breath?
Friar Peteor: Yes. For the moment. But I also would like to Oh, we're just we're just dealing with the the gas at the moment?
DM: Just dealing with the gas, and then we'll get to the initial order.
Geogo: K. That's not magic.
Friar Peteor: Breath holding.
DM: Yeah. No. The the gas itself is not a magical gas.
Friar Peteor: Yeah. I can do this for an hour. I can do this all day.
DM: What'd you get, Rowan?
Rowan: Sorry. I'm having technical difficulties. There's definitely error between keyboard and mouse.
DM: It's called alcohol.
Rowan: That too.
DM: Yeah. So as you guys see the the gaseous cloud form up, the room is now lightly obscured. Just for mechanics, Wrong severity. Wrong. Wrong. Wrong. I think you only get a minus two on this one. Just as I can find, there's still minus it's a minus two to attack her with anything. So as Rowan, did you get above a 10 on your roll?
Rowan: I am still dealing with some technical difficulties.
DM: We just need you to get you some real dice.
Rowan: Yeah. I all my real dice are at home, unfortunately.
DM: Yeah. You got above a 10. Rolled for you. There you go. So did you want Carlos.
Rowan: Thank you. Sorry.
DM: Yeah. Get you
Rowan: a high, Gary.
DM: You rolled a 17. Carlos, same thing? Thank you.
Akuz: Yeah. Can you roll for me? Because I'm I'm driving over to pick up my son from baseball right now.
DM: Understood. You got a 17 as well, naturally. You guys are good. So the only one that might have been affected by this is fire Peter with a his little roll, but his ability to hold his breath isn't gonna affect it. So I'll give everybody an opportunity to those that can roll the dice for initiative, roll initiative.
Friar Peteor: I already did, and it sucked. Oh. It wouldn't be fair to roll it again.
Rowan: No. It's intelligent safe. Goddamn it.
DM: Roll with advantage. How nice. 19. 18. Ugh. So Damn.
Rowan: Here we go.
DM: I can't even find my paperwork. Thanks. Do you
Geogo: mind going through or do you not?
DM: I'm looking. I saw Celisa. So Friar, Georgie, I get that's a con check.
Geogo: No. I didn't. Okay. Hold on.
DM: You guys just having a rough night for the rolls?
Geo: Apparently.
DM: Think I know.
Friar Peteor: Hey, Gary. I'm kind of assuming that if I cast a verbal spell, it's gonna eat into my breath holding. So Yeah. Eventually, I'm probably gonna have to make a roll if it doesn't dissipate soon. So
DM: Gotcha.
Friar Peteor: Or I'll just use my nonverbals. They're all verbal. They're all verbal. What the heck?
DM: Reynolds. You go before those guys on 18. Then we've got wow. Holy smokes. We have
Geogo: All the bad guys?
DM: Yeah. We're good. I'm like, well, so at least it's Rowan.
Geogo: Do you want us to prequalify our songs?
DM: As in regards to
Geogo: Our ability to jump in anywhere with a song.
DM: Yeah. Do you have do you have your song? You can well, the song is really your hero point. So yeah. So you can use it whenever you're ready.
Geogo: But we don't have to tell you what the song is ahead of time. We can just start playing it?
DM: You can
Geogo: start playing it. Alright. I'm just just making sure before it has to happen.
DM: Yeah. You just you just say hi. I'm gonna use my song point and start playing it and go, oh, I got this.
Geogo: I'm just gonna queue it up in case.
DM: Yep.
Geo: If I could turn back time.
DM: Akuza. Oh,
Friar Peteor: I'm sorry. He didn't. I didn't know.
DM: +1 2345. Who am I missing? Brother Peter.
Geogo: You basically can took that off the table for me as the chronergy wizard. You absolutely messed with that one. Luckily, that wasn't where I was going, but now I'm kinda disappointed in myself.
DM: Alright. I've I've got the order. So running through the shadows coming out of the shadows of the gas, you noticed these creatures just sort of appear with the fog, with the poisonous cloud or the yeah. It's a poisonous cloud for lack of a better term because it just really causes you coughing and hacking, but nobody seems to succumb to it at all. But these creatures are multi limb, bipedal. And right now, in your view, they just look like they have giant armored head, kittenous skin, or chitness, however you wanna call it, depending on your on your pronunciation style. I was really surprised to learn how that's pronounced. But they move through, and they seem to be moving in a very quick manner even though you're everything's considered lightly obscured in here. You notice it seems like the dwarven side gets swarmed as you hear the dwarves just start hollering and, you know, bellowing on the far side. And at that point, it is Renault's turn as you hear the fight break out on the far on the far side of the room from you.
Friar Peteor: Quick couple tactical questions. First off, how how high are the ceilings in this room?
DM: The ceilings are 20 feet high.
Rowan: Alright.
Friar Peteor: Thank you.
Renauld: Picking up the map here, Gary, I'm seeing that we've got a couple of these assassin bugs right next to us as well.
DM: Yep. They seem to
Geogo: be But they've are they flanking us? That's that looks like it's more than five feet on each side.
DM: It is more than five feet.
Geogo: They'll they'll
DM: they'll have to be base to base with you. That's just where the that's where they spawn, for lack of a better term.
Friar Peteor: And for and for everyone listening at home, the room has a large banquet table down the center with tables to to the left and the right of it. There are circular tables to the right to the eastern or right hand side. There are two large hogshead barrels flanking another table on the left hand side and scattered in or the the party is scattered mostly in the lower right hand corner, the southeast corner of the map. The other people that we're encountering are scattered throughout the rest of the area, and there are assassin bugs all around.
Geogo: Remember, those barrels could be filled with bombs.
DM: We're gonna we're gonna we're gonna start playing Mario World here shortly.
Friar Peteor: Okay. Oh, no, says the turtle.
DM: Redult
Geogo: too. Gary, above the table question, the waitstaff elf one, waitstaff human four, those did not set off the sensor. Right?
DM: So No. But it
Geogo: about them as fodder?
DM: Do you as you glance around the room, you notice that they are in the door and the waitstaff elf one and waitstaff the human four as you noted on the map, They're encased on a web that's completely blocking the double door that you guys have entered through.
Geogo: Yeah. The exit.
DM: Yep.
Geogo: That's why I was kinda wondering. Okay. Alright. Assassin bug time.
DM: You noticed that several spells one major spell went off followed by a series of smaller spells simultaneously from each of the the three staff members that I pointed out throughout the room.
Rowan: That's nice.
DM: Alright. Renault, what would you like
Renauld: to do? Renault stands up from his chair, walks up to the nearest assassin bug, calmly says, I judge ye guilty and divine smites it.
DM: Go ahead.
Renauld: So how do I roll it with trying to figure out how to cast it with the oh, I guess I just have to do it with the dice. Right?
Geogo: You should be able to click on it.
Renauld: Like, I did, and nothing seems to have happened. Hang on. Maybe because I had the dice open. Cast. It doesn't actually say like it did anything. Okay. Maybe there we go.
Geogo: There you go.
DM: Yeah. There you go.
Renauld: Well, that's just the radiant damage. I'm pretty sure divine smite is added to my attack.
DM: Yeah. So, I mean, you gotta roll to attack first.
Renauld: Okay. Hey. Hey. I'm I I did everything in reverse order, so there we go. So that's that's the hit.
DM: That that definitely that, without a doubt, lays into this creature that you just rolled up to. You do notice as you stand in front of the creature, the face is pretty much there's no eyes on it. It's just like a big maw at the bottom.
Renauld: Gotcha. At
Geogo: the at the bottom?
DM: Basically, where the normal jaw would normal mouth would be, but everything above it is just featureless.
Geogo: Understood. I I'm glad you clarified.
Renauld: Alright. So that was one attack. As a multiclass in a fighter, I get two attacks per action.
DM: There you go.
Renauld: But I can only smite on one of them because that's a bonus action. So let's roll another attack. Does that hit?
DM: Oh, definitely hits.
Renauld: Alright.
DM: You're like, these things look intimidating, but they just gotta they got a
Renauld: crunchy shell. That's okay. So quick quick two strikes. The first one radiating with with the golden glow as Renault smites smites the kittenous creature, hopefully inflicting some pain on it as he does.
DM: You well, you have to you you seem to lay into this creature with absolutely no issue whatsoever. And you are cracking its hide, and you see a white blood squirting out as your blade strikes twice with the
Renauld: That was a move. That was an action and a bonus action. That's it for me.
DM: That is it for you. And, of course, I just flipped the page that had that had the actual order on it, idiots. Oh, I know who's next. MPC. You notice the the other companions that you came into the room with start making moves and start moving around? You see the giant lupine creature grab one of those bugs that have come up? And without thinking, and probably not doing the most brilliant move, but slams it through the plate glass window and out. And at the exact same time, he shatters the window. You notice it was one of those things that it sort of, like, stops in slow motion. Everybody sort of looks and you you see that look on his face like, man, that probably wasn't the best idea. And you can see his companion giving him that look like, really? You didn't think about this. Right before all three of them are sucked out into the wild blue yonder as the as the glass shatters outwards. This whole room now gets a howling wind from being so high up, but the poison
Geogo: is space all of a sudden?
DM: No. You're 400 feet above the you're 400 feet up. There's winds, but you're not you're not that high.
Geogo: That's that's some serious tower.
DM: Yeah. Yeah. You're not that high up.
Geogo: Okay. So hold on. Which ones go out the window?
DM: The two at the the two by the actual window at the top of Market Road.
Friar Peteor: Ragnar and Bliss.
DM: Yep. Ragnar and Bliss go flying out with the assassin bugs.
Akuz: So just just real quick. I gotta walk up and get my son from the fill. I'm a leave my phone in my vehicle. But when it gets my turn for an attack or the my turn to go well, no. I was gonna cast that I forget what it's called. The the one shield. Basically, it gives two AC, and I was gonna give that to Geo since she's the squishy.
DM: Okay. So Shield of faith, I think it is.
Akuz: Yeah. Shield I think you're right. Yeah. Shield of something. So, yeah, that one will increase her AC by two whenever it gets to my turn.
DM: Okay. I will do that. Thank you very much. All of a sudden, it goes from the the the cloud that the poisonous cloud you guys were standing in is being sucked out the window as the wind sort of whips out. And then almost as quickly as the wind sort of pulls them out, you notice there's it's got a nice strong blowing wind back and forth. So hair is whipping around, clothes are moving around, stuff like that. The lighter food items are being knocked to the floor, things like that. And moving on. You notice that the the wait staff that actually caused the cast of magic spells move to engage. One of them is charging up towards Rintari. The other one bypasses over to Corrin and gets into a fight.
Geo: And
DM: the last one looks at brother Peter, and you see him whip out a small hand crossbow and fires twice at you quickly reloading. Not with double fours. The double fours turn into 14 total against your armor class.
Akuz: 18.
DM: Yeah. I didn't think so. Tick tock. He goes skipping off your shell.
Geogo: Tick. Turtle on a tough shell.
DM: Yeah. Turtle power. Exactly. Alright. It is Arcusgo. He casts shield of faith on Geo. Your armor class is now plus two.
Geogo: Okay.
DM: And he readies his weapon for the next next fight. Celeste. So Celise. My bad. Or should we narrow or would you like us just narrate you in the fight as you're firing your longbow into battle?
Selyse: Pretty much. Yeah. I'll just I'll I'll keep firing. I'll probably fire at this guy. But Okay. Yeah. I just I I can't do much other than that right now because I don't have the energy for it. Sorry.
DM: Understood. I will You'll take a tactical move Yeah. And use your long range ability to engage. If you nice hits, go ahead and roll damage. Nice. Nice hit.
Selyse: And I I get to attack at least twice, I'm pretty sure.
DM: So Yes. You do. At this level, all martial classes are attacking at least. Yes. You guys have damn near blooded blooded both your care both your opponents in no time at all. Alright. Thank you, Sleese. Trier Peter, it is your go.
Friar Peteor: Oh my. Alright. Well, I guess I'll oh, I know. I whisper a secret name at that waitstaff person over there. And roll a one. Great start, Peter.
Geogo: Which which weights off the human three towards the bottom?
Friar Peteor: Human three. Bottom right corner. Okay. Oh, curses. Well
Geogo: Hold on now. Why is it giving off that ping?
DM: That was me pinging.
Geogo: Okay. Oh, which one it was? Yes. Okay.
Friar Peteor: Oh, well, then I guess I'll just step over here to this this bug guy and give him the what for with a bonus action flurry of blows to his canoggin.
DM: Give me a flurry of blows.
Friar Peteor: Alright. Let me mark off my
DM: Bug six or bug five?
Friar Peteor: That would be that would be bug six. I'll mark off my focus point.
DM: And then
Friar Peteor: conquering the head. Hold a section. Flurry of blows. First one.
Geo: No.
Friar Peteor: 17. Does that hit? Probably not.
DM: Yep. Yes. It does.
Friar Peteor: Oh, it does. Nice. Okay.
DM: Yeah. Yeah. But you're swinging, barely cracking into them. You're like, oh, tougher skin than I thought.
Friar Peteor: These will be force based, I think.
DM: Okay.
Friar Peteor: And that does five points. And another flurry of blows power. Oh, that's a little bit better.
DM: You did you did force based? Yes. Double your damage. Sweet. As you as you realize you can crack this hard you know how to crack this outer shell.
Friar Peteor: Alright. That's a definite hit on that second guy the same guy. And it does that's a total of 22 points of of force damage to this guy. Nice. You
DM: said 22 or forty two?
Friar Peteor: Twenty wait. 75 is 12. That's 24 points.
DM: 24. Making sure I heard you correct. Thank you. Alright. And Geo.
Geogo: Okay. So waitstaff l two and waitstaff l five are both reacting like bad guys. Right? Yes. At this point? Okay.
DM: Yeah. I'll I'll simply
Selyse: Oh my god.
DM: Rename let me rename them for you so you can see the the true
Selyse: Okay.
Geogo: Okay. Okay. Assassin number one. I would like to use my action to cast mind sliver on assassin number one, the one that is closest to Runtari.
DM: Okay. There you go. Now you can see clearly all the bad guys. We
Geo: can see clearly now the bad guys aren't gone.
Geogo: Do they have to
DM: Mind Slither, they should have to roll a save.
Geogo: They have to roll an intelligence saving throw.
DM: Yes. They do. What is your spell save?
Geogo: My spell save is hard to find on this sheet.
Geo: Where where is
DM: Are you are you talking about Mind Spike?
Geogo: No. Mind Sliver.
DM: Oh, there it is. Sorry. I'm looking
Friar Peteor: Go to your spells tab and it's the first thing it's right at the very top.
Geogo: My save DC is 17. Sorry. Thank you very much.
Friar Peteor: My pleasure.
DM: And then, Rowan, to answer your question is if you take a look at your stats, you don't all your stats for your character are ones. That's why you're have such bad negatives.
Geogo: I know.
DM: You didn't you didn't input your stats properly for your character, I noticed.
Geogo: Oh, I'll have to go back and recheck then. That makes sense.
DM: Gio, what'd you say your spell save is?
Geogo: 17.
Friar Peteor: Can he do it? Nope.
DM: He got a 17 total.
Geogo: Damn it. Mhmm.
DM: I was like, no. I was like, nope. He's no. He did not fail. I'm surprised. Alright. And then Psychic energy lances out, but
Friar Peteor: Bounces around the
DM: room. He does sorry. I'm sorry. He does not. That's you said intelligence save. Right? I'm sorry.
Geogo: Correct.
DM: He fails. Okay. So My my mistake, I was looking at the wrong stat. Sorry.
Geo: Yay. We're fighting new
Friar Peteor: runs. There.
Geo: Then The
Akuz: wheel run underneath it. See the little white dash?
Geogo: I I I I run that fairly low. So the I drive a spike of disorienting psychic energy into the mind. He takes 11 points of damage for that.
Friar Peteor: Where else would you drive that spike of disorienting energy?
Geogo: Right between the eyes.
Friar Peteor: Where else? You said into his mind. I was like, do you have options?
Geogo: No. The or the butthole.
DM: How?
Renauld: Yes. The mind's a butthole.
DM: I think
Friar Peteor: I think that might be more disorienting. Goddamn.
Geo: At the keister? Are we doing like Naruto? Like, he finds a sneaker and spot me fucking blasts off into a star?
DM: Is that what you
Geogo: look at? That has Grazes. Can I above the table, DM, can I cast sanctuary on an NPC?
DM: Yeah. You cast a cantrip?
Geogo: I have I have sanctuary as a bonus action.
DM: Yeah. I don't believe so.
Geogo: And I and I do have Yeah. All of the components. Then Yeah. I would like to cast sanctuary on Rantari. Okay. Hold on.
DM: Okay. Got it.
Geogo: I used up a first level spell slot, but I'm okay with that.
DM: Yep. That works.
Geogo: Okay.
DM: She lets it take
Geogo: That that basically wards them against attack until the spell ends.
DM: Yep.
Geogo: It weighs lasts for one minute and does not require concentration.
DM: And so let just mark that down in Antares Sanctuary.
Geogo: Yep. Anybody who attacks them must make a wisdom saving throw.
DM: Yep. Over the Okay.
Geogo: Of 17.
DM: Yep. There we go. Alright. It is the bugs go. As you hear the hooping and the hollering by the dwarves on the other side, you're pretty sure at least one of the barrels just got smashed as the as the red headed dwarf no. Yeah. The red headed dwarf takes one of the assassin bugs and tombstones it into the barrel. Brother Peter, the other bug attacks you.
Friar Peteor: Okay. Bring it on, bad boy. What what type of damage is he going to induce?
DM: It looks like, based on the claws, slashing.
Friar Peteor: Excellent.
DM: Which dice will work well for brother Peter. That will work work wonderful for you as the first slash comes in and rolls a a big whopping two plus without enough to even hurt you. And the second one does not do anything more than hit your turtle shell as well. On natural seven. Renault, it's the one on you.
Geogo: Oh, he's out.
Renauld: I'm here.
Geogo: Oh, you're here.
DM: Okay. You're yeah. That that dice isn't gonna work anymore. It didn't roll above a Keep using that. Keep using that dice. It didn't roll above a five. Alright. Renault, it is your go. Top of top of the order.
Renauld: Well, well, guess I'm just going to maybe I'll do something different. Let's see. The assassin bugs that are behind me, Gary, technically, there are still characters that I can see. Is that correct?
DM: Yeah. You can see everything in the room since you know, other than the blowing ones is giving you guys all the frizzy hair look.
Renauld: Okay.
DM: You can still yeah. The the poisonous cloud has been sucked out when Ragnar and Bliss decided to when Ragnar decided to throw the other assassin bug through the window to get rid of it.
Renauld: Okay. I am going to cast Bane. Up to three creatures
DM: Okay.
Renauld: Of my choice that I can see within range must make each make a charisma saving throw. So I would pick the two assassins behind me and the assassin bug in front of me. So Okay. Please roll a charisma saving throw for all
Rowan: of them.
DM: What is their charisma? Yeah. We'll see how this goes. The assassins.
Renauld: Your save DC is 20.
DM: Yeah. Not even close. Well, no one got a 19. That was it. That was it. Now assassin bug. He's gonna have a hard time. Yeah. He all three of them failed.
Renauld: Until the target says fail the saving throw. Whenever they make an an attack roll or a saving throw before the spell ends, they must subtract one d four from their attack roll or set or save
DM: Nicely up
Renauld: to one minute concentration. So I have to roll it.
Geogo: Nice.
Renauld: I believe since I if I get attacked, I need to roll to make sure I maintain my concentration.
DM: You really need to roll a minimum of 10 or higher or half the total damage.
Akuz: Gotcha.
DM: That's the first
Rowan: Let's see.
DM: Pain you said.
Renauld: Pain. No. It's in it. One First level enchantment.
Friar Peteor: Nice. It's like the opposite of bless. I'm I'm well, yeah, I actually have
Renauld: well, basically, I also have bless as well. Let's see. I have a bonus action, but can I do anything with it? I could use my second win, but I think that's not gonna do much. I'm just gonna stay where I am.
DM: Okay.
Renauld: And kinda maintain this assassin bugs attention. Okay. So yeah. With a with a flash of blinding right light, Renald quickly basically, illuminates all of the enemies and blinds them with a flash of light and make it make making it a lot harder for them to save and attack. They got the they got the sparkly enemies.
DM: They got the sparkly people.
Renauld: Light smite thee.
DM: Light smite thee as well. The NPCs go you notice Corrin swings one of the assassin or one of the assassins across the table and then intercedes between himself and Rintari, making sure defense the dwarves are having a field day. The orange haired dwarf is taking on three of the bugs, while the red haired dwarf is pummeling one of the assassin bugs in the in the giant shattered barrel of alcohol.
Friar Peteor: How how are they doing?
DM: The red haired one's doing pretty good. The the big the orange haired one is holding his own, but it's he's got in the in the short span it's been, he's got several cut several visible cuts on him.
Geogo: That's that's Tevron?
DM: That that is Tevron. Yep. Oops. Sorry. I had them back.
Geogo: It's okay.
DM: I had I had these backwards. So it'd be these three up here, that was correct.
Geogo: Okay.
DM: And these would be down here playing in the barrel.
Geogo: Okay. Just making sure.
DM: Yeah.
Friar Peteor: So Okay. So so Tevron's getting ganged up on, and Kent is getting barrel.
DM: Yeah. She smashed the she smashed her her bug in the barrel, spilling alcohol and wood and splinters everywhere, and is cons and is cons is continuing to punch.
Geogo: Hey, Gary. Above the table, is this alcohol, like, beer or is this, like, Everclear?
DM: This is more like I wouldn't say Everclear. Think more along line lines of whiskey.
Geogo: So it's flammable?
DM: It is flammable.
Geogo: Okay.
DM: It is definitely flammable if you would like to go that route.
Geogo: I'm not about to cast fireball and blow the entire house up.
Friar Peteor: It didn't ask how big the room was.
DM: I know I know you did.
Geogo: How high are the ceilings?
Renauld: Oh god. It's like playing divinity all over again.
Friar Peteor: 20 foot ceilings.
Geogo: Okay. Alright. Who is
DM: That's the assassin's go this time. What is the how big? I will draw the box out as assassin number three casts a spell.
Friar Peteor: Oh, you just happen to have kill turtle. What didn't
Geogo: you I wanna play my song or whatever the thing we're supposed to say.
DM: You want to you wanna activate your song point and interrupt?
Geogo: I wanna activate my song point.
DM: Okay.
Geogo: Hang on.
DM: Let's see what song you got.
Geogo: I'm waiting for the
DM: Prior Peter.
Geogo: I'm waiting for I'm waiting for the ad on YouTube.
DM: Prior Peter, you are engulfed in darkness.
Friar Peteor: Who knew?
DM: Geo, you lose sight of the assassin as he actually steps into the darkness.
Rowan: Oh. Hello darkness, my old friend.
Geogo: That's all I need. You guys know what my song was. It's time is on my side.
DM: There you go.
Geogo: So I am going to counterspell that spell.
DM: Well, that's a reaction, so you wouldn't have to play your song point for that one.
Geogo: Oh, well then but it but it wasn't I thought a reaction could only be on my turn or to my No.
DM: A reaction is
Geogo: Oh, well then I wasted my song for no reason.
DM: No. You did not waste your song for no reason. You get go ahead and go ahead and roll your counterspell.
Geogo: Okay.
DM: Actually, he's gonna roll a constitution save against your spell save for the new one. So if you like to go to counterspell, go ahead and what are you casting it at?
Geogo: I'm gonna cast it third level.
DM: Yeah. The, darkness as it pops up around you, brother Peter, just as quickly vanishes.
Friar Peteor: How nice. I noticed in CGO is just sort of wiggling their fingers over there. It's like, oh, very good. Very nice.
DM: You you
Geogo: adjust your mind. You see a bunch of stones rolling down a hill.
Friar Peteor: Peter is very confused.
DM: But there is there is one other darkness that does actually go off for the area up here. And I can't draw correctly, but bottom line is there. There we go. So as you see Oh,
Geogo: so it gets Kurram, but not Rantari.
DM: Correct.
Geogo: Okay.
DM: It's not a bit it's not a very big cloud. But you notice Corin and the the two assassins disappear into a darkness that is just deep and unpenetrating. Arcuza walks up and takes a swing at the bugs, does some damage without much of an issue. Who's next? Solis, if you would go ahead and, give me some rolls with your longbow.
Selyse: Will do. I also have an ability to have my hunter's mark ready at all times, and it doesn't take up spell slots. And I just didn't do it last time. Well Okay. Because I barely have a voice. So it's hard to
DM: yeah. You can you can also you can also text it over and chat on the Discord if you like as well.
Selyse: Will do. So, yeah, I'm just gonna I I'll probably attack the same same guy.
DM: I will monitor all the communication simultaneously in the
Geogo: same place. Okay.
Selyse: Oh, dear. Even two hit. Okay. I don't know if that hits him.
DM: No. That's just enough.
Selyse: Okay.
Geogo: Good job.
Selyse: One second. And then there's the hunter's mark. So that's one. That's one and then second. And
DM: That's it.
Selyse: There's mark and then damage.
Rowan: There you go.
DM: This this one is looking rough. As you can see, fractures all over its hide as it starts staggering around, but it seems to drive it into a more of a mad frenzy. Rowan, what would you like to do?
Rowan: Above the table level, I don't suppose that Rowan could get lost in the melee and sneak around over to assassins. I think it's or just over to Corinne's area to help him out. I don't know if it would Yeah.
DM: You got you got enough movement there to go dive into the darkness.
Rowan: I would like to go that way. And
DM: You got enough movement to get you right about there at the edge of the darkness, but it's you it is the darkness. So if you stick your hand in there, you cannot see you can't see anything in there.
Rowan: It can light or sound get out of it? Or just
DM: Oh, yeah. You can you can hear. You nothing this is a black hole. It's gone. There's no light in there. But you can hear the dragonborn roaring and smashing. You know, there's a fight going on in front of you.
Rowan: K.
DM: Now if you wanna get into the darkness, you're just at negative nine to attack.
Rowan: Okay. And if I try to throw something in there
DM: Still negative nine.
Rowan: Still negative nine. Oh, Jiminy Cricket.
Geogo: Jiminy Cricket?
DM: Well You know, he's gotta have a conscience.
Rowan: Yeah. I do have to have a conscience, and it's my it's my other creative way of not swearing. I don't suppose if I, like, walked into that field of darkness, I could feel my way through and just hit the first thing I hit.
DM: Yeah. It's just negative nine. You wanna I mean, that's as far as you you can swing you can swing in there if you'd like.
Rowan: Alright. Screw it. I'll just go for flurry of blows on, hopefully, the person in front of me. I don't know if that went through.
DM: You just got nothing but air.
Rowan: Nothing but air.
Selyse: It. Yeah.
Friar Peteor: Yeah. Yeah.
Geo: Nothing but air.
Friar Peteor: But air
DM: at this point. Nothing but air at this time. Just wildly swinging into the darkness.
Rowan: Okay.
DM: Geo. Excuse me. Rowan, anything else?
Rowan: I I I get another action?
DM: Well, you did you did your movement. You did your flurry of blows, is a bonus action.
Geogo: An accident and a bonus action. So
DM: you still have an act. Yeah. You still have your action. You can still attack twice, isn't it? You should be you should have two monk. You should have two basic attacks. Your fist attacks as a monk. Flurry blows is a bonus action. But you you basically have to attack with you gotta give me two more attacks. Swinging at the air.
Rowan: Swinging a mess. Swing. Swing.
DM: Give me one more.
Rowan: Swing. You're like, I
DM: can't see him.
Geo: I'm gonna keep swinging for him, Cory. You hold on, you son of a bitch.
DM: Alright, Gio.
Geogo: Okay. So to clarify, if it's something that I can see within 60 feet, the group there within the box that Rowan's been going after, I can't see them so I can't cast a spell or do something that affects that. Correct?
DM: Rintari well, not a direct spell, but if you have an area effect.
Geogo: Now I I have something else I'm looking at. Yeah. If it has to be a saving something that they can see I can see.
DM: You can you can see Rintari you can see a very dark black cylinder with Rowan and Rintari standing outside of it.
Geogo: Okay. You were saying that the Assassin Bug three that had been smashed into the barrel was that's the red headed dwarf and
DM: the orange headed dwarf? Okay.
Geo: That's the
DM: red headed dwarf that is that is smashing the bug in in the barrel right now. You can just see her fist over and over, up and down like like a jackhammer.
Geogo: Okay. So then I would like to focus on Assassin Bug seven with the orange haired dwarf.
DM: Okay.
Geogo: And I'm going to cast or use my action to cast momentary stasis.
DM: Oh, I like that.
Geogo: That is a constitution saving throw, DC 17. If unsuccessful, the creature is encased in a field of magical energy until the end of my next turn or until they take damage. While encased they are incapacitated and has a speed of zero.
DM: Super rare.
Geogo: So that's an action, not a not a spell per Okay.
DM: And then you just save 17?
Geogo: 17 constitution.
DM: Natural 20.
Geogo: Fuck you guys.
DM: They were like, piss off.
Geogo: Okay. I
DM: figured they was gonna I
Friar Peteor: I figured they were just fell.
Geogo: Alright. Well, that was my action. So for my bonus action oh, wait. I have movement still. Right?
DM: Yeah. You still have movement.
Geogo: How far am I hold on. Can I go over the table, or does that count as, like, difficult If
DM: you you can give me in either acrobatics or athletics checks to move over the table to not count it? If you fail it, it'll be counted as difficult terrain.
Geogo: Five, six. So I need you do an acrobatics or athletics on that.
DM: Either one. If you fail it, it becomes a difficult terrain maneuver.
Geogo: It doesn't really matter because I'm not great for either of those. We're gonna go with acrobatics.
DM: Okay. Fine. You're perfectly fine.
Geogo: Alright. So then Fly across
DM: the table like the Dukes of Hazardous Light and cross the
Geogo: German Exactly. I'm I'm generally in my ass across the hood, and I am going to attack assassin bug three.
DM: Well, you've already done your action, so your movement's going across.
Geogo: So my act my movement is going across. I would like to stop well, if my bonus I have I have bonus action as two weapon fighting.
DM: Okay.
Geogo: So I I can still attack. Right?
DM: Yeah. One, two, three. Yeah. If you bonus action is two weapon fighting.
Geogo: Yep. This is like, you take an action on your turn, attack with a light weapon, or a spell. You can make one extra attack as a bonus action later on.
DM: But you didn't you you used your
Geogo: Oh, I didn't. I just used an action. I didn't use an actual spell or attack.
DM: You used a spell to do it versus a weapon attack. So you can't Alright.
Geogo: Then I'm gonna stop.
DM: Little short?
Geogo: Yeah. 10 feet short.
DM: Okay.
Geogo: So can I move myself? I wanna be like right
DM: Yeah. Wherever you wanna move
Geogo: k. And then I am going to end my turn.
DM: Okay. Alright.
Geogo: I need a bigger gun.
DM: He he just got lucky.
Geogo: Mhmm.
DM: You noticed Chevron is actually really these these things are really have the upper hand on Chevron as he's staggering under the under the weight of the multiple blows that are being inflicted of him. You notice the red headed dwarf gets kicked off the assassin's bug as it makes its move.
Geogo: Okay.
DM: She almost she pretty much lands at your feet Renault. And he digs into you a couple times. 18 is not gonna do it. And the natural ones, he is really ruining your armor, Really tearing apart. He's really just more in all that nice scroll work on your armor. Brother Peter.
Friar Peteor: Who? Who?
DM: Well, I was not gonna do it, but maybe a 25 will.
Friar Peteor: That that wait. Wait. Someone tried to hit me.
DM: Yes.
Friar Peteor: Oh. Wonderful. That that does hit.
DM: Okay.
Friar Peteor: And that's the that's the slashing attack, you said?
DM: That is a slashing attack. Yep.
Friar Peteor: No. Alright. I take a reaction, and I'm reducing the text damage by one b 10 plus eight, whatever that damage might be.
DM: Okay.
Friar Peteor: Well, let's see what the damage is.
DM: That's what that's what I'm excuse me. It's it's piercing, not slashing. Sorry.
Friar Peteor: But That's okay.
DM: That works too. I was gonna say it's the same difference for that that feature. It does 11 points. Excuse me, eight points of piercing damage, and you need to give me a constitution saving throw.
Friar Peteor: Alright. Well, let's first take it, see if it goes down to nothing. One second. So that's a d 10 plus eight. So that's seven it takes it down 17 points of damage.
DM: Yeah. And you take no damage, but
Friar Peteor: One second. If I reduce the damage to zero via deflect attacks, can spend a focus point to redirect some of the attack's force. If I do, choose a t creature I can see within five feet of me if it is a melee or a creature I can see within 60 feet if it was blah blah blah if it was ranged. The creature has to succeed on a d c 19 deck saving throw or take two d eight plus two damage of the same type dealt by the attack. So I'm going to redirect that towards the assassin.
DM: Okay. 19, it fails. They're rolling really low tonight.
Geogo: Except for when they're not.
DM: Except for this against the spellcaster. Brother Peter, you noticed as you redirect the attack.
Friar Peteor: Which was
Geo: like slap,
DM: you easily redirected it. It comes in slashed into you, but you also noticed that three, for lack of better descriptions, three small worms seem to get knocked out of the edge of the claw as it goes flying away. You see them land on the ground and wiggle for a moment before they stop moving.
Friar Peteor: Oh, that does not look pleasant.
Geogo: Yeah.
Friar Peteor: Icky.
DM: Alright. How much damage did you take again? Half the damage that you you redirected or half the damage of the original attack?
Friar Peteor: Two d eight plus two damage of the
DM: Roll the damage. Roll the damage. Of
Friar Peteor: of the same type as was dealt before.
DM: So Roll the damage.
Friar Peteor: Which I assume would also include whatever sort of weird things that it it was gonna do.
DM: Yeah. It's a it's immune to those weird things.
Friar Peteor: But Darn it. That's so that's a total of seven points still.
DM: Alright.
Friar Peteor: He did seven points to his own dude.
DM: Yeah. To himself. Nicely done. Ronald's done. That's done. Akuza, you back? He's a he gets a swing and a miss this time.
Friar Peteor: Racuz, you're you're always back. Hold on. He was Okay.
Akuz: Yeah. I'm back. Okay.
Geogo: He's muted. Oh, he's good. Think he's back.
DM: Okay. You're good. Yeah. It's your go.
Akuz: Alright. So what what's all here, sir? Was just trying to keep up, but on the drive home, everything.
DM: You and Assassin Bug you got Assassin Bug six next to you got Assassin Bug assassin assassin three next to you.
Friar Peteor: And you and I are flanking Assassin Bug six, if that still applies in this particular
DM: It it gives you a plus two to attack.
Geogo: Above the table question? Yeah. When these things came out so we have assassins and we have assassin bugs.
DM: Mhmm.
Geogo: When the bugs come out, do they become just assassins? Or are they actually just like people that have been?
Friar Peteor: No. The assassin bugs, I think, will implant their young your their young into you if they when they when they strike and you they do damage.
Geogo: Understood. So it's just just kill the assassins, but burn the other ones with fire.
Friar Peteor: That that that cuts to the chase.
Geogo: Yes. There's a Okay. Alright. Very direct. Understood. Who hears
DM: who hears Fireball coming online?
Geo: Didn't ask how big that room was. I guess Fireball.
DM: Yeah. You have the assassin standing just outside of your weapons range, which you can easily step into him. Or you got the bug that you and Peter are beating on.
Akuz: Is that is that one Peter and I are on? Is it is it already beat up?
DM: Yeah. He's fairly well beat up.
Akuz: I'll just continue to wail on it, see if we can kill the thing.
Friar Peteor: You also watched me, like, flare up my fifth my claws, and it it like, a a an effing a a flare of force that seemed to to do a little bit more damage on these guys than it should have, perhaps.
Akuz: Very nice. You said there was a plus two to hit on this, Gary?
DM: Yes.
Akuz: Okay. So I got a 24 total to hit.
DM: You smash into him with your weapon of choices.
Akuz: I got a mace. Okay. It's Claire. I can go with the cliche mace weapon. Smash. I got seven points of damage.
DM: This thing looks absolutely hammered.
Renauld: Boo. Hey. Don't say don't even say he is emaciated.
DM: It is Salees. It is your actually, Yakuza, there anything else you wanna move or you got any other type bonus action you'd like to do?
Friar Peteor: Yakuza, don't you have two action two attacks per action at your lecture level?
Akuz: I don't know. That's what I was just trying to figure out.
Friar Peteor: Top of the top of the top if you're on the actions tab, it should be at the top. It right next to the the label action, it should say tax per action two if you do have that feature.
Akuz: No. It just says one.
Geogo: Yeah.
Friar Peteor: Then you are a loser. Sorry.
Akuz: Well, I mean, I'm clerical. You know, I'm
Rowan: not a Yeah.
Akuz: I I was going more for the, you know, healing and trying to keep party alive type action. So I figured I'd have enough melee folks to take care of that the rest of the smashing for me.
Friar Peteor: I I I'm kidding. You were great.
Akuz: That's That's good. I'd hate to hate to see you die and then have to drag your corpse around as a memento. I'd be like, look. What's the turtle for? Oh, let me talk to you about my friend here.
DM: As Elise, it is your goal. Since Akuza is complete.
Selyse: Is is the assassin bug five that I've been, like, wailing on still alive?
Geogo: I stepped
DM: Was the one with Renault?
Selyse: Yeah. I I stepped away for a little bit. Is is
DM: that Yeah. They they're still up. They're both
Geogo: Still up?
DM: Both five and six are up.
Selyse: Okay. I wasn't sure because I had to step away. Yeah. I'll just continue on that guy.
DM: Okay. Go ahead. Strike.
Renauld: Just as a reminder, that assassin bike assassin bug is Bane, so he rolls a one d four on saves and attacks.
DM: Minus one d four.
Renauld: Minus one d four. Yes.
Geogo: Which is still unnecessary because she just smashed it.
Renauld: Yeah.
DM: Nicely done.
Selyse: That's number one.
DM: Yep.
Geogo: Holy hell. No. George, go away. I was not whistling for you. I was just whistling because I was impressed.
Selyse: There we go.
DM: He's like, fuck. I'm here.
Friar Peteor: Good thing some didn't somebody good thing nobody said the words of power like snack or walk or outside.
Geogo: There's a reason I'm wearing a headset. That's right. Because I have too many friends that will do that.
DM: Well done, Slees. Anything else?
Renauld: No. Play Despacito.
Friar Peteor: No. No. Alexa, no. Don't listen to him. Stop. Cancel. No.
Selyse: That's that's it.
Friar Peteor: Now you've done it. Brother Peter. Alexa, stop playing death sabito. Thank you.
Renauld: First, I whisper And another session successfully derailed. That's right.
Friar Peteor: I whisper the I whisper the super secret name of Ogma, god of knowledge, again, hopefully, towards towards the assassin nearby.
DM: Alright.
Friar Peteor: I don't know. Is a is a 16 gonna gonna gonna swing it?
DM: For targeting him? Yeah. No.
Friar Peteor: Oh, well. I guess I'll just have to beat the crud out of the guy in front of me again.
DM: Okay.
Friar Peteor: Flurry of blows. Here they come with force. Scrolling. Scrolling. Scrolling.
DM: Right.
Friar Peteor: Well, that's a miss. That's a one. How about the other one? That's a 20. Dirty.
DM: Okay. That's a hit. Right.
Friar Peteor: Oh, that's nice. Okay. Take 18 points of damage. That's doubled.
Geogo: That's pretty awesome.
DM: As you any other attacks?
Friar Peteor: That's all. Wait. Can I squeak any more out? I don't think so.
DM: Just checking. But not like you need it as that last fist swings in. You see it basically just shatter its torso. The white milky blood of these things come flaying out as the thing just crumples to the ground.
Friar Peteor: I have one thing to say. Ew.
DM: He is.
Geogo: But there's no there's no little, like, squigglers trying to get to other people after it dies. No. No. No.
DM: That's oops.
Geogo: I watch a lot of horror movies. That's this guy. Right?
DM: That's this guy here. K.
Renauld: So you like movies like Human Centipede?
Geogo: That's not a horror movie. That's a medical drama.
Rowan: I'm not That movie was
Geo: I saw a trailer for that. I had nightmares for, like, a year.
Geogo: I I watched that movie without any preface to what I was about to watch. And I broke up with my boyfriend over it.
Rowan: That's a good call. Good call. Mhmm.
Geogo: Okay. So Assassin Bug six is out. Right?
DM: Yep. If I put a red if I put a red border
Geogo: dead. It's dead. They're dead.
DM: Yep.
Geogo: It dead. I don't know what his pronouns are.
Renauld: But who's dead, Jack? Who
Friar Peteor: do we squish out?
DM: All of them.
Geogo: Okay.
DM: His pronouns are squished.
Rowan: Okay. He is his pronouns dead.
Akuz: Yeah. Dead, dead, dead.
Geogo: Prior, excellent job. Pow pow. You
DM: see the assassin bug jump up and attack the red headed dwarf. So they go at it. The thing doesn't seem to find any purchase, but her partner in crime has really taken the worst of it from what goes on. And you see him go go down to one knee for the first series of blows from one of them as the next two knock him to the ground prone.
Geogo: So Assassin Bug three has come after
DM: The red headed dwarf.
Geogo: Can can do it, but Tevron is getting the worst of it.
DM: Oh, yes. Tevron is now prone on the ground.
Geogo: Okay. Who is who is up?
DM: For the bugs?
Geogo: Whose whose turn is it?
DM: It's the bug's turn right now.
Geogo: K.
DM: And now it's going to Renault's turn. Actually, I gotta I gotta bug on Renault first.
Geogo: Yeah.
Renauld: By all means. Not with a
DM: three. And not with a three.
Friar Peteor: I love your dice. They're gonna your dice are getting MVP ed this game.
Renauld: Gary, did you take dice from from Jeff? Because he only also only rolls three and twenties. There's nothing in between.
DM: Yeah. That's what it seems like tonight. Okay.
Renauld: So everyone is down. Is that how it is?
DM: Yes. Everyone is down.
Geogo: Okay. She's prone, not
DM: yeah. He's he's yeah. He's prone.
Selyse: Okay.
Renauld: Well, they're gonna be prone that they knocked him down or there's Yes. That's
DM: his he's unconscious. Oh. Okay. He's out. He's dropped his weapon. He's his weapon. He's on the ground unconscious. Okay. That's that's
Friar Peteor: what I thought. Who is?
Renauld: The the dwarf on the other side. Everyone.
Geogo: This guy.
Renauld: Alright. Well, hearing the dwarf fall to the ground behind him, Renal quickly springs to action because he would not stand a a fallen a a comrade fall in battle. Let's see. Jesus. The tables are difficult terrain, Gary.
DM: You you can roll athletics or acrobatics checks to move over the tables as they're normal. If you fail it, they become difficult terrain.
Renauld: Gotcha.
DM: You put your foot in like a you put your foot in like a meringue pine slip as you're going across the table.
Renauld: I get I I I was just gonna try and, like, leap over the tables to
DM: Just give me the acrobatics check.
Renauld: Can I do an athletics check?
DM: Oh, athletics check's fun.
Renauld: Because I get advantage from athletics checks.
DM: 21, you are you leap over the table and you have the distance to make it to assassin bug seven.
Renauld: So since I moved away from the assassin bug, he's
DM: Yep.
Renauld: Free to do his reaction if he has one.
DM: Yeah. He does. He he puts a nice nick in your armor as you leave. All my dice are going to jail.
Renauld: Yep. Hello? Does a quick yell to take care of that one to the rest of his comrades as he's rushing to the aid of Tefron. As he approaches the the three assassin bugs, he immediately brings out his holy symbol from his from his bandolier that's hanging on the side, brandishes it in front and channels divinity to abjour foes.
DM: Okay.
Renauld: Fear, you curse. As a magic action, you can expand on use your class's channel divinity to overwhelm foes. As you present your holy symbol symbol or weapon, you can target up to three that can see within 60 feet. Each one must make a d c 17 wisdom saving throw.
DM: Okay.
Renauld: So please go ahead and have all those three assassin bugs do that.
DM: We're doing fiercely gain advantage for the save. Natural 20 for one.
Geogo: Gary, I hate your dice.
DM: Well, a lot of them are in dice jail right now. Oh, total of
Akuz: So at least it uses crit on a save.
DM: Yeah. So assassin bug seven saves, assassin bug two fails. Okay. And assassin and the final assassin bug just passes.
Friar Peteor: Okay.
DM: Two is the only one that fails.
Renauld: So the one that fails is now frightened.
DM: Yep. The
Renauld: target that is frightened can only take a move action, an action, or a bonus action. Way. For one minute or until it takes damage.
DM: Sit or tell it takes damage. I'll put a white border around him. He is feared. Alright. Are the other ones
Renauld: Would would my movement speed been enough to actually get in range of Tevron?
DM: Yeah. I'll let you get base space with Tevron.
Renauld: As my bonus section, I lay on Hansom.
DM: Okay.
Renauld: And I will expend let's do 30 of my of my pool of hit points to heal him. Anyway, that's a move. That's an action. That's bonus action. I'm
DM: done. Okay. Okay. You noticed that his eyes when you cast your healing on, you noticed his eyes seem to open and move. But you see him writhing in pain, but it's almost like he's writhing in slow motion. He's it is the pain he's suffering is just absolutely overwhelming him.
Friar Peteor: He's got tiny bugs in
DM: him. Alright.
Renauld: NPCs I'm sorry, Gary. Before we move on
DM: Yeah. For Actually, me give me a perception check because they they just gone. So you might yeah. Go give me a give me a perception rule there, Renault.
Renauld: Yeah. I have a plus one bonus.
DM: As you reach as you reach down to cast your magic on him, you notice from several of the cuts are about at least three of the most recent cuts on him, you see several little white things burrowing into his skin.
Renauld: Gotcha. Is that like a disease, a curse, or I wouldn't know that with the
DM: I will let you what would be the best appropriation for this?
Friar Peteor: Is it natural? The nature.
DM: These creatures are not, so History? You can can choose arcana. You can choose history.
Renauld: Oh, I'll take history because I'm actually trained in
DM: it. Okay. Go ahead.
Renauld: Oh. Oh, there you go. Apparently, I've dealt with these things.
DM: Apparently, you have encountered these things before. These creatures are assassin bugs. They're specifically designed to they're bred to kill their targets by when they strike, they also inject small, for lack of better term, maggots into the actual victim that basically burrow their way to the heart. The downside is if these things, you know, if they reach the heart, they pretty much kill the host and a new assassin bug right arises. The thing you really know about the assassin bugs is these things are absolutely terrifying when it comes to cities and towns. And let me read you something real quick just so you get a better idea. Since you know history, this is where you actually pulled this from.
Friar Peteor: I don't know much about history.
Rowan: But do you know much about biology? Thank you.
DM: The reason you know about this is you nobody really knows their exact who who or what created these things, But these have always been the bane of the wilderness where they when they're used to basically if they get loose in a city with hosts, they can pretty much destroy a small village in it. One of these boats can destroy a small village in a day if they successfully get other people, juveniles, magnets to go on. So generally, populations that encounter these things, they will literally burn buildings, if not whole sections of towns on the ground to make sure that these bugs are destroyed.
Geogo: Do we have a can I can I run or can I can I do a history or wisdom or intelligence check as you choose to see if it is something that we can potentially heal with a potion or a spell? I don't have any experience with this because this is very much outside of my realm of influence. I know magic and Understood.
DM: On on your turn, as a bonus action, I will let you do that. Okay? Okay. But
Friar Peteor: I know flamestrike. Flamestrike will cure it right now.
Geogo: That's what I'm kind of worrying about.
DM: Yeah. So that is what you got, Renald. You've you've dealt with these through your order before. You've you've had you've read reports on them. Not that you've actually personally dealt with them. But the reports you've read on these are used to wipe out to ensure the target gets wiped out. If they get loose in the populated area, they are a devastate they can be a devastating feature.
Renauld: Gotcha. So is it possible to cure a person from the parasites?
DM: Yes. It is.
Renauld: Is it, just healing, or is it, like, cure disease or remove poison?
DM: It is a, cure disease. Cure disease? Cure disease or immediate cauterization before the creature before the the maggots burrow below the epidermis.
Friar Peteor: I told you flamestroke.
DM: They're very difficult to kill but magic that cures diseases seem to be the most effective.
Renauld: Gotcha.
DM: Alright. NBC's assassins. Roar, you're standing there next to Corin. You hear him roar in pain. You also feel the table shake a little bit that things sort of gets pushed into you.
Rowan: Mhmm.
DM: And you notice what and then you the darkness stays up, but you see one of the assassins actually go flying out of the darkness. And
Rowan: Which one?
DM: He lands oops. Wrong button. He lands by the edge of the window up here. Manages not to manages not to fall out. As Corin goes, get the get off me and slings him out of the darkness randomly.
Rowan: Okay.
DM: I thought for sure he was gonna sling him into you, he sling him into the window. Was like, that's impressive. Alright. Assassins. He stay the assassin up here pulls himself up out of the wind broken window. He's back in gets to his feet.
Geogo: Oh, they can't come back in the window.
DM: Well, he didn't get he didn't fly all the way out of it. He grabbed the lip.
Selyse: Oh, okay.
DM: He grabbed the edge.
Geogo: I I assumed that everybody that was out the window was already like,
DM: No. It was one of those things when they they broke the window and everything else. The the change in there's a change in pressure. Winds winds up here were a little bit higher. And the Ragnar actually threw underestimated his ability to put put something through the glass and went, whoops.
Geogo: Just basically paced on the cliff side at this point.
DM: No. Not necessarily. Bliss is a very powerful wizard.
Geogo: Okay.
DM: Edgar, it is your go. Any assassins yes. There are assassins.
Rowan: You want me to go after him,
DM: Gary? No. Hold on a second. This one casts a spell and Misty steps to there. I forgot about this bug. Where did this bug have gone? This bug goes after you, your closest. Gruen. Sorry. I didn't I missed that bug.
Friar Peteor: So does Misty Step trigger attack of opportunity?
Renauld: It's a teleport. It does not.
DM: It's a it's a teleport.
Friar Peteor: Just checking.
Renauld: Yeah. It's a it's a wizard's get out of jail free card.
DM: Yep. Rowan does a 26 hit you.
Renauld: Roll a d four to take a negative, Gary.
DM: Okay.
Renauld: He's still banned.
DM: Yep. Didn't you just cast a new concentration? Oh, no. The bane's not
Renauld: I did not. Nope. That that was a channel divinity. That was not a concentration.
DM: Minus two, so down to 24. I
Rowan: I'm just gonna play life on hard mode until I figure out my my my character sheet. That is my consequence. My armor class is six. Yes. You hit.
DM: Well, we'll we're gonna fix this after the game there. Yeah. So
Rowan: Hey. I this is a consequence. If I I this is my consequence. I don't do my homework, that's
Renauld: If you die, you just have to make a new character, and we'll be right back at square zero. So
Rowan: It'll it'll be fine. I
Selyse: will Gentle propose.
Geogo: We got time.
DM: We got time.
Friar Peteor: This character's row one, then he'll have row two.
Geo: Row two. And row
DM: four. Alright. So both both
Renauld: You're gonna run out of rows at this point. Right.
DM: So, Rowan, the bug strikes you with both its claws for the first is four points of piercing damage. K. 12 points of piercing damage. I need you to give me two constitution saving throws.
Rowan: And it's at a minus five, which I don't think is right. So Just
DM: just roll. Don't don't don't don't take the minus five. Just roll me a 20. I'm not gonna deal
Rowan: with Okay.
DM: Yeah. I know for your high level characters, you're not gonna be that low. No. Unless you really put an effort into it.
Geo: I still rolled low.
DM: What'd you get?
Rowan: I got an eight.
DM: Alright. You don't need to roll a second one. You are poisoned unless you have something that makes you immune to poison.
Geo: Awesome. The
Rowan: potion you gave me earlier.
DM: Have you drank it yet? Nope. Then you're not immune to poison. Yay. Roll me a d three roll me a d three. Draw a d six and divide by two. A one and two equals one, three and four equals two, and five and six equals three.
Friar Peteor: Now note, when your character sheet's working right, what you would do is in your upper right hand corner under
Geogo: hold hold on. If if he's he's within 60 feet and he's doing a saving throw, can I use convergent future as a reaction?
DM: Yeah. You haven't used your action this round. Nope. He's within 60 feet.
Geogo: Yep. I'm gonna do convergent future.
DM: Here's the problem. That cloud of darkness?
Geogo: Oh, I can't see him?
DM: You cannot see him. It lined up
Geogo: Hang on. It doesn't say I have to see him. It says You
DM: you have
Geogo: to Oh, you can see. Goddamn it. Wait. How can I peer through the future and not through a cloud?
Friar Peteor: Well, you Alright.
DM: The future is cloudy.
Geogo: Sorry. I tried.
Renauld: It's a magical cloud.
DM: I I will give you I will give you credit if the if the if the darkness was not there. That would have been very good. Alright.
Geogo: Sorry. I tried.
Friar Peteor: It would be great if the world didn't suck. Alright.
DM: Demons learned to put battlefield effects in it to make it very interesting. Alright. You are poisoned until you until you're the end the safe. Did you roll me your d six? Your d three?
Rowan: I did roll a d I did roll a d six and
Akuz: I got a one.
DM: You got a one? As one of the claws actually, you gotta roll a second time because he hit you twice. You got a one?
Geo: K. Here we go. Oh, I got a two and a half.
DM: You got a two. So so you got
Geogo: A two and a half?
Friar Peteor: Total of three bugs, sounds like.
DM: Yeah. Sounds like so as the first swipe hits you, you feel something comes start burrowing into your skin. As the second one, you feel two more of those things starting to gnaw their way under your skin and start moving in your body.
Rowan: Oh god. Oh god.
DM: Suffering an additional.
Rowan: Burst out of my chest like, come on, money. Come on, my honey. Come on, my ragtime gal.
Geogo: Hello, my baby. Hello, my honey. Hello, my ragtime gal.
DM: You suffer another nine points
Rowan: of right.
DM: Nine nine points of piercing damage as the maggots start burrowing it into you.
Geo: Oh, god. How many points
Rowan: of damage have I taken?
DM: You will take a d six for every maggot you have in you, you will take a d six of point of damage every round.
Geogo: Oh. Every round?
Geo: God.
DM: As they burrow to the heart.
Geogo: Many how many hit points do you have?
Geo: Nine. That's what I'm wondering. Well, I don't know if I set this character up. So I think for with my sanity, I think this
Rowan: I think I might just be dead.
Geo: Peter. Let's see
DM: if you
Geogo: have a hundred at least, please.
DM: How many hit points are
Geo: A hundred and six.
Renauld: I have a
Friar Peteor: 22.
DM: You have the same same amount as Peter.
Rowan: Okay. Okay.
DM: Why do you think Theron is having such a hard time? Because they they were rolling high for the number of maggots that were entering him. He's in double digit he's in double digit maggots.
Rowan: Oh, Jesus
Geogo: Christ. Okay. I have a question, Gary. Yeah. When we were talking about the things that were needed to cure them, if I have an elixir of health, would that qualify as a anti vermin potion? Or is
DM: that Elixir of health, I believe.
Geogo: It's a it's a it's it's one of the rare potions that I chose. I just don't know if I wanna use it this early if it's not gonna work.
DM: Let me just look it up again.
Geogo: Cures any disease afflicting you, removes the blinded, deafened, paralyzed, poisoned.
DM: They these maggots are considered diseases, so as an action, you can force it down. Thevron's gullet. Alright.
Geogo: So then guys, above the table, we have to decide how much we really like this guy because
Geo: No. Don't. Don't.
Geogo: It's pretty rare. Let me die. Alright.
DM: Not Rowan, it's Thevron. Just talking
Rowan: about the He died.
DM: He's talking about the NPC.
Rowan: Kill me. Kill me. Alright. Kill me now. This hurts.
Geogo: Just just keep it in the back so we know they're they're basically we we have our baseline. Okay.
Friar Peteor: That's great. Geo's over there. Should we save this guy?
Geogo: Just let him die.
Friar Peteor: No. Don't worry about him. Just kill me.
DM: Weirdest party yet. Alright. That's the assassins. That's the bugs. Akar, it is your go.
Geogo: Akuz, Carlin. Carlos, it's your turn.
Akuz: Oh, sorry.
Geogo: Okay. I
Akuz: got you gotta get used to this name here. I was trying to read stuff on, well, my character. Alright. So what do we got still around me? Is it still the bugs?
DM: Yeah. You still got a bug. The assassin that was standing next was nearby you seems to have vanished in a a cloud and moved on.
Akuz: Oh, the one that we were beating the crap out of?
Geogo: The one next to you is dead.
Rowan: Oh, that
DM: one's dead. Yeah. The bug next to you is dead. You notice the assassin's about 30 feet from you reappeared in cloud and another assassin bug's up there. Renault is now engaging in three bugs himself. It looks like the red headed dwarf has thoroughly disassembled the bug inside the cask of whiskey.
Geogo: Assassin assassin bug three is in rough shape, the one that's down here.
DM: Assassin bug three is dead.
Geogo: Yeah. Okay. It's dead.
DM: She's just pounding on it.
Geogo: Alright.
Akuz: So wait. We got we got reg assassins and assassin bugs. Am I hearing that right?
DM: Yep. And
Akuz: and you said the one assassin that was bad. Like, where's that guy going? How does he look?
DM: Assassin three looks fine. The other two, you cannot see.
Akuz: What is assassin three? What is he trying what what does he look like he's up to?
DM: He just appeared out of a cloud and looks like he's moving towards the hole in the glass.
Akuz: Oh, like he's trying to leave?
DM: Yep.
Akuz: What about any of my teammates? Me and them look too beat up?
Geogo: Tell the story.
DM: I'm sorry. Say again, Azer.
Akuz: I was saying, is is any of my teammates look like they need some healing or beat up? Or how's everybody looking?
DM: Really, the only one that looks aside from Thevron over the dwarf, even though it was not technically a teammate of yours, he's down. He's struggling to get back on his feet. Rowan looks like he just took a couple hits. But that's it. Not not a lot of not a lot of injuries other than Thevron and some minor on Rowan.
Akuz: Thevron, is that the MPC?
DM: Yeah. He's over here.
Akuz: Well, I don't I actually, I don't know what you guys are looking at there. I keep seeing that. You probably sent it to me, but I don't have it.
DM: Oh, you're not in okay.
Geogo: Oh, he can't see. He can't see the field.
DM: Sorry. You're in DDB on. So yeah. There is one of the NPCs that the orange headed dwarf is down on the other side of the table, on this other room. It take you a double movement to get to him, but you're well within spell. As long as you're not casting any type of touch spell, you can get to him.
Akuz: Yeah. I gotta see because trying to read this thing, like, what I thought I had slotted and what it shows me prepared spells are, like, two different things.
Geogo: Mhmm. Mhmm. Same.
Akuz: Okay. So I'm not the only ones having this
Geogo: it's it's happening for me too.
DM: Yeah. There's some changes they made that's making things difficult.
Rowan: D and D Beyond?
Akuz: Yeah. Trying to find I know they got some spells, the healing ones that don't require me to touch them. I just don't I just don't know which ones they are.
DM: Typically, higher level spells.
Friar Peteor: Mass cure wounds is your friend. Yes.
Renauld: Carlos, can Carlos, can you see the map?
DM: No. Doesn't have the map.
Renauld: You're you're on the phone. Right?
DM: Yeah. Okay.
Selyse: Are you on Discord? I, like, snipped the map. So, like, go into Discord and open it up if you're able to. And I asked if you're able to see that. So if you're in the Discord and you're in that channel, then just I snipped it, and this is what the field looks like currently.
Akuz: Oh, yeah. I can see it now.
Selyse: There you go.
Akuz: And where are you guys looking at that at? Or what on what program?
DM: D and D Beyond. I'll I'll get you the I'll get you the whole setup after the game. We'll get
Renauld: you started.
Akuz: Yeah. Because I got it I got it up on my tablet, but
Renauld: On D and D Beyond at the very top, there's a little triangle, basically, that you can click called launch game, and that's what it opened up.
Geogo: When I and I have mine open in two separate windows, one with the map and one with my character sheet, so I can switch back and forth because it's really complicated.
DM: And d d beyond, you'll generally wanna have multiple tabs of d d beyond open.
Akuz: Gotcha. Okay. Yeah. Because we yeah. I'm used to playing at Ken's house. So
DM: You're used to doing it live, not Memorex. Yeah. So let's see.
Renauld: Yeah. I'm rolling digital dice today. Feel dirty.
Friar Peteor: Ewee.
DM: I probably should be rolling digital dice the way the real world dice are rolling for this DM.
Renauld: I don't know. You seem to be rolling just fine when you're saving against my spells.
Geo: We like those dice.
DM: You do a good job saving. You can't do a job of hitting.
Renauld: I don't know. That that dwarf probably begs to differ.
DM: Yeah. He does.
Akuz: Alright. So you see the one dwarf, he's he's looking pretty rough?
DM: Yep. He's having a rough time. He's on the grounds, barely moving.
Akuz: Alright. Well, I can hit this guy with a because it's an individual, and I don't really need to do a mass healing because I guess everybody else is looking pretty good. So I'll hit him with an individual one of a healing Mhmm. Word.
DM: Alright. Give me a healing roll.
Akuz: Well, that's one of the cool things about my game. I'm gonna do it. So one of his higher traits I chose, he's a supreme healer. He did a supreme healing. So I just automatically maxed
DM: Give me your max Yeah.
Akuz: I gotta get it. So maybe just lost it.
DM: We are all technology challenged.
Akuz: Well, I went back to look at that, and then it, like, lost my spot. Now I gotta now it's what I want me to do, man. So that's 33. Nice.
DM: Nicely done. Yep. He's holding on. You're staving off the maggots as he as they burrow through his body towards his heart. You're healing them quickly
Rowan: since he
DM: since he didn't have a chance to rage.
Selyse: Oh, he's a barbarian.
DM: Okay. They both are.
Renauld: Wait. He's a barbarian? He's out of hit points already?
DM: They were
Friar Peteor: They were waiting on him for like three rounds.
Geogo: Yeah. Yeah. It was like three on one for quite a while.
DM: Yeah. For the first three rounds, it's been three on one, and they've and he's gotten how many?
Geogo: And they're all bug ones. Right?
DM: Yeah. They're all bugs.
Geogo: Yeah. Okay.
DM: So he's got nine. That round, had six of 15. He has 21 maggots going through his body doing a d six damage while the bugs are attacking him.
Geogo: Each round each round? Each one does a d six?
DM: Yep. Each round. Oh, he's burning the invoice fast.
Geogo: Okay.
Akuz: Wow. Yeah. That what I just gave him there is not gonna last.
DM: Yeah. Solis is your go.
Renauld: So is, like, the bug's condition, Gary, is it poison, technically?
DM: It's it's it's two different conditions. It's a disease condition and a poison and also a poison condition.
Renauld: Gotcha.
DM: Siles. Nice hit. Going after assassin three?
Selyse: The same guy.
DM: Yeah. Assassin bug five? Yeah. Okay.
Selyse: It's fun.
Geogo: I forgot about hunter's mark. Good job.
DM: Nice to do. So, at least, your arrows fly true like they always have. As you see, they bury deep your last arrow buries deep in the neck in the back of the neck of the creature that's fighting Rowan, and the bug just sort of twitches for a moment and just falls over.
Selyse: If I was able to, I don't know. I force it to do a wisdom saving throw and see if I can pull any secrets from it.
Rowan: Yeah.
Renauld: Nice. Since it's a saving throw, he takes a negative 44 to it.
DM: Yes, he does.
Geogo: Also nice.
DM: Twenty twenty three down to a 20. You rolled high, unfortunately. What's your what's the save?
Selyse: For that particular thing, it's a DC of 17.
Rowan: Okay. You got
DM: a 20 total with the medias.
Friar Peteor: Yeah. Yeah.
Renauld: And I think if you have a hunter's mark on him, if you have any bonus actions left, you can move it to a different target.
Selyse: Oh, yeah. It's gonna it's gonna go to the assassin. Yeah.
Renauld: Because you reduced that guy to zero hit points.
Selyse: Yep. It's going it'll go to this guy.
DM: Okay.
Geogo: Assassin two? Well, assassin three.
Selyse: Oh, assassin three. Okay. That'll be where the yeah. My hunter's mark will be on him Your
DM: hunter's mark is purple.
Selyse: Okay. Thank you.
DM: Alright. If you are a complete sleaze, we will move over to Peeta.
Selyse: Believe so. Yeah.
Friar Peteor: Alright. Peeta steals himself and then moves blisteringly quick over towards Chiron.
DM: Are you jumping over the table? You
Friar Peteor: It doesn't really matter.
DM: Okay. Why is that?
Friar Peteor: Ultimately, it comes down to where is it? I can use bonus action to take a free dash and his base speed is 45.
DM: I'm just making sure people get to hear everything all the skills that all these high level characters
Geogo: Jesus. Really? You're a little turtle, but you just like zoom zoom?
Renauld: He's a he's a ninja turtle.
Friar Peteor: Let's kick it up a notch, shall we? He he actually leaps over the table. So let's do that.
Geogo: Want a half tail?
DM: Yes. Exactly.
Friar Peteor: That would be acrobatics, I think. Yeah. Alright.
DM: It could be acrobatic. It could be acrobatic for
Geogo: it needs it. If he's only going that far, he's got more than enough. He can just like
Friar Peteor: So he rolls a 26 on that?
DM: You see you see Peter run to the table, step on a chair, forward somersault over the table, land on the opposite chair, write it down with, you know, one one foot on the top of the back, the other one on the bottom sort of rolls down and continues moving over towards the fallen Thevron.
Friar Peteor: Don't worry.
DM: That about sum it up?
Geogo: Yeah. So you're you're right next to them. No space. Like, literally right up in the bug's face?
Friar Peteor: I'm right up in that mess right there.
Geogo: Okay.
Friar Peteor: Because that's what that's what clerics do. That's our job.
DM: Anything else, Peter?
Friar Peteor: Let's see. That was a bonus action and a move. I've still got an action. Okay.
Renauld: So which You forgot to ask if you still have panache. Oh, wait. That's a different character.
Geo: Yeah. That's right. Matchy.
DM: Wrong wrong system.
Friar Peteor: I'm going to hit him with a cure wounds up bumped to fifth level.
DM: Okay.
Friar Peteor: That will give him and the dice stops moving. Oh, they they piled up in the corner?
DM: You're the only one I know that can pile digital dice up in the corner.
Friar Peteor: Alright. 47
DM: points Nicely done.
Friar Peteor: 47 points of of heal.
Geogo: Holy hell. Nicely done, sir.
DM: Nicely done. Anything else, brother Peter?
Friar Peteor: That that will keep it for now.
DM: Alright. Rowan.
Rowan: I I I don't know how many point hit points or points of damage I've taken.
DM: It's that is it's not a you've taken total of 25 points of damage.
Rowan: 25.
DM: Yeah. Looking back at my scribbles. Sorry.
Rowan: No. Don't worry about it.
DM: And you can feel these creatures burrowing into your skin.
Geo: Oh, god. Ew. Ew.
DM: You remember seeing the movie The Mummy when the Yep. Little guy found the
Renauld: Yep. Scarab? Yep.
Geogo: So is is Rowan actually inside the cloud? Because it looks like he's outside and checking.
DM: He's outside the cloud.
Geogo: So then how come the coronal shift wouldn't have worked for the last time?
DM: Because if you do it straight line He said
Geogo: I couldn't see him.
DM: Correct.
Geogo: He's Oh, I can't see through the cloud.
DM: He's Correct.
Geogo: But no. But if I draw a straight line, I
DM: you if you would've chose to if you would've chose to move
Geo: Mhmm.
DM: Looking around the battlefield, you you need be spatially aware as a player. I moved
Geogo: to some friends. A really close call because I just put a ruler up to it.
DM: It's a close call. Mhmm.
Geogo: Alright. Hey, Rowan, you should probably move a little bit south.
Rowan: I'm gonna move towards Assassin 3, and I'm gonna fucking engage and fucking hit swing. Fuck this.
DM: Oh, Rookin.
Rowan: I don't think I hit
Friar Peteor: Oh, Rookin.
Geogo: Oh, yes.
Renauld: Don't think Anybody ever see
Rowan: the movie
Renauld: faculty? That's what I'm thinking.
Geogo: The faculty?
Rowan: Theory of blows. Get rocked. Oh, man.
DM: You're having a hard time hitting this. He sort of smiles at you as you come swinging in.
Rowan: No. Goddamn it.
Friar Peteor: You absolutely have better than a person
Rowan: when they hit
Friar Peteor: on a flurry of blows.
Geo: Yeah. And
DM: what's your bonus to hit on there, Peter?
Friar Peteor: My my my my bonus to hit on flurry of blows hold on.
DM: I'll just use those as well.
Friar Peteor: Yep. I I I'm at
Rowan: plus eight. Thank you, Gary.
DM: So you both your strikes hit roll roll damage.
Rowan: Yay. I don't know if this is set up right. Fuck it. That that can't be right. I did something wrong.
DM: I know you just
Geo: Oh, I definitely did something wrong.
Friar Peteor: We're close to negative one.
Geogo: It actually hurts you.
Geo: You punch
DM: them, and your knuckles just
Geo: Crack. Ow. My hand. Yeah.
DM: We'll we'll fix this afterwards. But, anyways Is
Renauld: this a normal guy that might take this?
DM: Call the we'll call the 18 points of damage for the game. Holy cow.
Geo: Thought I had it. I could just roll two d eight if you want me to. I could keep track
DM: of game. You're you're good. What it's called, 18 points of damage.
Friar Peteor: Thank you, Gary. I am not drinking what he drink. I'm I am not having what he does.
DM: Dear God. Okay.
Rowan: I know. This doesn't never happened before. I'm so sorry.
Friar Peteor: Okay. Fight them, not drink them.
Geogo: Just to to clarify. So Rowan has worms in him that we saw. Yes.
Rowan: And they're
Geo: drunk and in pain.
Geogo: Right. But, you know, don't feel as much pain when you're drunk.
DM: Yeah. You got a good idea got idea that he's something something's going on because he's also twitching a little bit differently. Alright. After these things that he's like swatting himself. You you see him swatting himself like he was trying to wipe something off him.
Geogo: Okay. How badly hurt is assassin number three in appearance?
DM: He doesn't seem to hurt at all. I mean, he doesn't seem to be that hurt at all.
Geogo: So Candida's okay because that bug was eliminated.
DM: Oh, yeah. He she's pummeled that thing, and she she's turned her sights on another bug.
Geogo: Okay. And and Peter and Ronald have thrown in to help with
DM: Yep.
Geogo: That. Okay. We don't know the status of Corinne and the other assassin because
DM: there's You got a good idea
Geogo: cloud of darkness.
DM: You you got a good idea of that the big the big table's jumped around a little bit. It's probably broken.
Geogo: Okay. So do I need to do another acrobatics check to go over the table?
DM: You yeah. If you're trying to get over the table and you don't wanna make a difficult terrain, yeah, it's acrobatics.
Geogo: I mean, even with that difficult terrain, one, two, three, four, five,
DM: six, Okay.
Geogo: I'll just do hang on. I'll do hold on.
DM: You don't wanna slip in the meringue pie?
Geogo: I've been rolling like shit. Let's see. My decks okay. I'm gonna do acrobatics. That is a 16.
DM: You're fine.
Geogo: Okay. So I'm going to
DM: Food's going everywhere.
Geogo: Is this Yep.
DM: Is everybody's gonna
Geogo: I'm just gonna, like, meringue pie myself over. I wanna be close, but not too close. Now, sass number three doesn't say bug, so I'm assuming it's not gonna be a
DM: wormwood word. He's one of the wait staff that
Geogo: Oh, okay.
DM: Disguise.
Geogo: So he's probably an innocent and I just can't help him.
DM: Oh, no. He's he's far from innocent. He's just he was disguised as wait staff.
Geogo: Oh, he's okay. Alright. I'll take that. Well, then I don't feel as bad.
DM: You got somebody trying to kill you and your friends.
Geogo: I would like to cast Tasha's Hideous Laughter.
Renauld: It's a good one.
Geogo: Alright. Hoozy Wotzy number three.
DM: Who's the three? Go ahead. And it is a
Geogo: seventeen year? Yes. It is a
DM: That was rolling
Geogo: quite save of seventeen.
DM: Failed.
Selyse: Alright.
Geogo: So they are incapacitated and unable to stand up for the duration.
DM: Alright. This is also a constitution concentration spell. So if
Geogo: It is a concentration spell for up to one minute. So that's what? 10 rounds.
DM: 10 rounds or till somebody breaks the concentration away. So
Geogo: Mhmm.
DM: Rowan, all of a sudden, you see the guy you just swung out in front of you just starts laughing uncontrollably and pointing at you and starts falling to the ground. And basically, throwing one of those laughing tantrums that you see kids do where they're just it's just so a little circle. He's rolling the ground, laughing, holding the sides, and just kicking his feet. And just cannot believe how rough or how bad how bad you missed how bad you are as a fighter.
Geogo: It it basically looks like he's just making fun of you for being bad at stuff. Yeah. But he's laughing so hard that it's breaking his body down.
Geo: Can can I take above the table, can I take a reaction and, like, take a swing for his nads just to end my drunken stupor? I'll roll a disadvantage
DM: just for
Geo: the squad.
Geogo: Well so remember
DM: If you want to be
Geogo: users incapacitated.
DM: Oh, you gotta just hit him.
Geogo: Unable to stand up for the duration. So when it's your turn, you can kick him right in the fucking balls, and he is at disadvantage.
Geo: I just wanna kick him in the balls for the plot. Just once.
DM: You'll get there.
Geogo: It's just like for a flourish. It doesn't actually do damage, but it feels good.
Geo: I want the bonus action wind up if I actually get the AC and I
Rowan: get it. I want the I wanna tell you a tale of the
Geo: wind up for the fucking master class falcon punch to the guy's balls.
DM: Well, you are doing Gio's watching you do the wind up because you're not happy with him laughing at you. Dog number.
Geogo: Okay. So hold on. And then I have that was my action.
DM: Yep.
Geogo: I have a bonus action because I am pretty close. Right? Hang on. I'm just looking at
DM: my You're within 10 So
Geogo: if I have two weapon fighting, can I kick him in the balls?
DM: No. Because you have to have to use a weapon attack need
Geogo: a weapon.
DM: Attack to you.
Geogo: Well, I'm going to within that, then I'm going to use my additional spell slot to cash sanctuary on Rowan so that the worms stop born into his booty.
Rowan: Oh, jeez. Not in the booty. I do not It
Geogo: can ward a creature so that's future attack.
DM: Yeah. I don't think things were
Geogo: doesn't help with the worms that are already in you, but that will help keep new worms? No?
DM: It'll help it if a bug was attacking him, yes, it'd help keep it'd help keep the bugs Well,
Geogo: but if it's if it's for one minute, that's that's still 10 rounds and there's still more bugs.
DM: Yeah. It's just the the bug that you casted against or you you've casted against him. So any you ward a creature, yeah. So even if the assassin has to if he tries to target Rowan, has to roll it. So he's good. You don't need to cast sanctuary on him again.
Geogo: Oh, okay. Alright. Well, then I
DM: Another concentration. You're good to go.
Geogo: Okay.
DM: Alright. Renault, one of the bugs is trying to flee from you and gets caught up by the red headed dwarf in a clothesline.
Renauld: Which one? The one that I feared or the one Yeah. The the one
DM: that you feared. The one that you feared. You can also make an attack of opportunity against it as well.
Renauld: I will do an attack of opportunity to do so. Let's see.
Friar Peteor: I think I could do one too.
DM: Right? You could do one against assassin bug one that left
Friar Peteor: the battle Yeah.
Geogo: You should be able to. You're close.
Renauld: He stops in his tracks. Oh. I have relent relentless avenger. When you hit a creature with an opportunity attack, you can reduce their speed to zero until the end of the current turn. You can also move up to half your speed as part of the same reaction without provoking opportunity attacks.
DM: I guess he's not gonna make it there.
Geo: You're
DM: He's he's afraid of you, so he's not gonna attack you.
Renauld: So he he's he's spend one action to move and now he cannot move.
DM: Well, he spent his movement to move.
Renauld: But he's he's frightened, so that's the only thing he can do. Right.
DM: So he's done. Assassin bug two is done trying to get away from you. Brother Peter, you need to make a attack of opportunity against assassin bug one.
Friar Peteor: Okay. So I'm going to use a spell of opportunity, which is what's it called? The formal name is a let's see.
Akuz: Hold on.
Renauld: Oh, I didn't roll damage. Sorry. Actually because I hit him.
Friar Peteor: A reactive spell. Alright. That
Renauld: and that.
DM: Alright. Wait. That
Renauld: did not add that.
Friar Peteor: I'm once again gonna oh, go ahead.
Rowan: There we go.
Renauld: Because it does not automatically add radiant strikes, which I forgot to do earlier.
Geogo: Yeah. I think we I think we have some stuff we have to figure out as far as that.
DM: Mhmm. We'll get there. That's part of the part of the game.
Geogo: The fun. Yep.
Friar Peteor: I'm gonna try out the secret name of Agma again. Maybe it'll work on these guys. That's a 21 to hit.
DM: That hits.
Geogo: Nicely done.
Friar Peteor: It does. Crappy radiant 18 points of radiant damage.
Renauld: Alright. Excuse me. Would you would you wanna run that by me again? Radiant damage is best damage.
Friar Peteor: Just not enough of it. That's the thing.
Renauld: That sounds like a personal problem. Alright. Damn.
DM: Alright. Well, now it's the bugs go and they're gonna focus on Renault.
Renauld: Well, one of them is gonna do nothing. Two of them are gonna focus on me.
DM: Yeah. Number two is not gonna do anything towards you. Assassin bug seven targets you.
Renauld: Okay.
DM: Big swings and misses, twos and fours. Assassin bug one
Selyse: They're still bugs. They
DM: got twos and fours. They like to roll twos and fours. They all their attacks misses, all those
Renauld: they they just know better.
DM: Yeah. Apparently, they you they are reshaping, you know, the nice you'd have to do a lot of polishing the armor afterwards.
Geogo: You do look like a big blue bug light, like one of the like ones.
DM: Sorry. Assassin bug I forgot. Kent jumps on the assassin bug too.
Geogo: Yeah. She can get in there.
DM: Oh, she's get she's getting in there and she's she's getting her her fill.
Renauld: Gary, what are the flanking rules that we've established?
DM: Plus two.
Renauld: Okay. So but I still have to position myself.
DM: No. You do not have to get in position.
Renauld: So I do get plus two against assassin bug number seven.
DM: Seven. Yes. Okay.
Renauld: How is Tevron looking?
DM: He's breathing, but he's not moving very quickly on the ground. I have question. He's more writhing he's more writhing in So
Renauld: I have a question. I have
Friar Peteor: a I got a lei on hands. Kill things, dude. I got Hang on. You kill things.
Renauld: Hang on. Let me be a Paladin, damn it.
Friar Peteor: Good point.
Renauld: I have a lay on hands purify poison. You know, you can expend five HP from your pool of healing to remove the poison condition from the creature. Those points also restore HP to the creature.
DM: Okay.
Renauld: Will that do I think that that would be effective on him?
DM: It it will it will cure the poison condition he has, but it will not cure the disease condition he has, which are the bugs that are burrowing into him.
Renauld: Got you. So he'll still keep to keep taking damage.
DM: He will keep taking damage, but he will no longer be slowed.
Renauld: I don't think it's not super helpful at the moment. Alright. I think I decide that in the moment, I need to get rid of the bugs to I have a spell if he if he dies.
DM: I was
Akuz: gonna say, who who's got fireball? What's turf What's that?
Friar Peteor: What's this turf shaped pile of Swiss cheese here?
Geogo: Oh, what's Gary, I have an above the table question.
DM: By all means.
Geogo: So if momentary stasis can be used on enemies to freeze what's happening, could we use it in a nontraditional way to put an ally into stasis?
DM: I don't see why not.
Geogo: Stop the enemies that are inside of him?
DM: I don't yeah. I'd let me just double check the spell.
Geogo: Okay. I mean, I technically can't see the enemies that are inside of him, which is why I asked it says, as an action, you can magically force a large or smaller Spell
DM: stasis for me.
Geogo: S t a s I s.
DM: So if you've if you momentarily force the creature because the the creatures inside of him are part of him now, it'll affect the same way.
Geogo: Okay. So it basically says that they have to make a constitution saving throw. If they fail, the creature is encased in a field of magical energy until the end of your next turn, until the creature takes any damage, meaning don't hurt our friend, while encased this way the creature is incapacitated and has a speed of zero. So in theory, that would give us at least one turn where they did no damage to him. Correct?
DM: Yeah. Yeah. We can do that.
Geogo: You guys in Accord?
DM: Go for it. Yeah.
Renauld: Sure. Yeah.
Geogo: Mean, I I can use that as my as an action. I have to I obviously wait till my turn, but if I can see him, that would at least save him from dying until we can do something else.
Renauld: Okay. Alright. Let me see if I can hit this assassin bug number seven since he's since we're flanking him.
Selyse: Okay. That's an
Renauld: option.
Geogo: That's a
Renauld: good choice. 32 versus AC? Okay. So let me roll.
Friar Peteor: Damn
Renauld: it. I'm gonna divine smite him too. So that plus radiant strike plus divine smite at spell level two. So the total would be 15 points of slashing damage, 21 points of radiant damage, Gary.
DM: Nice. Done. Seven. Okay. He's he's he's looking bloodied.
Renauld: That's the first strike. Second attack and 26 of AC, I assume. Yes. And then another 14 points slashing damage. The sword glows radiant glowing golden light first swing and a follow-up quick follow-up swing. Quick two slashes against assassin bug number seven. That's action bonus action. I will remain where I am Okay. To kinda take up their their attention.
DM: Alright. Anything else?
Renauld: No. That'll be it for my turn.
DM: Okay. NPC's engage. You notice the darkness around Corrin disappears as the he pulls he pulls a sword that was pinning the assassin to the table out.
Geo: Yay, Corrin. Yay.
Friar Peteor: Good job.
DM: The other assassin that's by the window, instead of looking around to engage, sees the fight as I go in and chooses to dive out the window.
Friar Peteor: Now, Corinne, throw the throw the third assassin out the window and
Geogo: Is is is out the window death or is that something else?
DM: Well, it's just you jump out 400 feet in the air. So you better have an option to save yourself.
Renauld: But better have a fly spell prepared.
Geogo: Alright. Okay.
DM: Doesn't you you guys are high level characters. It doesn't necessarily mean death to go jump out go jump out
Geogo: of the I think that Bliss is out there like
Geo: have a technical question.
Geogo: Oh, good job. Pow pow.
Renauld: I have a technical question. Can you cast Misty Step right before you hit the ground? Or and do you maintain momentum? Or do you just teleport like nothing happened?
DM: Probably What?
Friar Peteor: The problem's the timing.
Rowan: Well, about
Geogo: to figure out what you mean, like, not feather fall. Like, you're you're falling critical mass style.
Selyse: Right before you're supposed to hit,
Geogo: you cast, and you just, like, bounce up 30 feet, and then just, like, bounce again?
Renauld: Well, no. No. No. Just teleport to the ground. Like, am I am I still in the momentum of falling when I teleport to the ground, or am I just teleported to the ground safely?
Friar Peteor: Refer you to the entire Reddit thread on just this topic.
DM: I will say we will we will get to find out when that act situation actually applies.
Renauld: The reason why I'm asking is I don't have apply spell prepared, but I definitely do have a Misty Step. So in the case that happens
Friar Peteor: Here's a suggestion. When you get pushed out the window, misty step back in. Don't try and
Renauld: misty step off the That's the thing. If you if you can misty step up while you're falling, can't you just misty step down to the ground?
Friar Peteor: Well, here. Have you got any have you got a have you got a way to cast misty step as a reaction?
Renauld: No. But if I don't hit the ground on my turn, can I do that?
DM: I guess we're gonna have to find out when that actually comes to pass.
Renauld: Alternatively, I have a dimension door that can do the same. But I have options.
Geogo: Dimension are laterally.
Renauld: I have find greater steed so I can summon a griffin to me. The question is, can I do it while falling?
Friar Peteor: Welcome to the griffin.
DM: If you have enough time, how do want?
Renauld: Anyway, those are all hypotheticals. My turn is done. Okay. Onwards.
Geogo: We're this is gonna get so insane so quickly.
DM: Yeah. That's gonna be fun though. Get get there. Rowan, the assassin in front of you
Rowan: Uh-huh.
DM: Which is in a cloud of smoke, reappears here, and follows his partner out the window.
Selyse: Okay. He's able to do that while hideously laughing and being
DM: Oh, actually, no. I'm sorry. I forgot. Yeah. No. He's not.
Geo: I get my revenge.
Rowan: He's he's like, kicked in the balls.
DM: Thank you, Felicia.
Geogo: Good I said. Sorry. I was just like, no. That's He had a spell on him. He's he is prone.
DM: Yeah. No. He's dope. Fucking
Rowan: wind up. I'm doing it for the plot.
DM: Yep. He's I don't think he gets a save in this one.
Geogo: It it says at the end of each of their turns, they can make a wisdom saving throw.
DM: It's the end of his turn.
Rowan: Okay.
DM: He said failed.
Rowan: He's got one
DM: with two.
Friar Peteor: Therefore, another round of pound.
DM: Yep. Acker, It is your go.
Rowan: Alright. I'm just gonna roll a raw d 20 and call it
DM: and That's not you, Roe, and hang on, buddy. Aw. Acker, you wanna go after the assassin that's laying on the ground laughing, or you wanna go after
Geogo: in mud? Remember, he's prone, so you have advantage.
Friar Peteor: Give him the balls. It's time to curb stomp an assassin.
Geo: You're goddamn right it is.
Geogo: I mean, hey. Now just kick him in the balls. We don't have to curb stomp anybody.
Friar Peteor: Okay. How about we curb stomp his balls?
Geogo: Okay. I'll take it. Alright.
DM: Here we go. Zach, are you Carlos, you there?
Renauld: I'm here.
DM: Okay. As you're go, what would you like to do? Would you like to go after the assassin or go after one of the assassin bugs?
Friar Peteor: Akar's a little confused because his name's Akuz.
Geogo: Akuz. Akuz.
DM: Bless you.
Akuz: They kept saying Acker so that's why I was like, that's something Nope.
DM: Accus then.
Akuz: Yeah. Accus.
DM: It'll take me three it'll take me three games to get it right.
Akuz: I'll I'll just go after one of the the bugs. I mean, which which one's closest by?
DM: One closest to you is also being grappled and beat on by the red headed dwarf.
Akuz: How damaged does that thing look?
DM: Fairly fresh in comparison to its two buddies.
Friar Peteor: Okay. Kill it. Kill it. Kill it.
Akuz: Well, I shot a guiding bolt at it for a 25.
DM: That's a hit, roll damage.
Akuz: Only 11. That sucked kinda well.
DM: And what type of damage is it?
Akuz: It's it's a guiding bolt. I think that it's radiant damage.
DM: Radiant damage? Okay. Nothing special for that one.
Friar Peteor: What level did you cast it at? Yes.
DM: Anything else, Akuz?
Akuz: No. It's all I got one attack. That's all I can do.
DM: Okay. Who is next? Salees. You're disadvantaged with the laughing assassin or you've got three bugs with well within range?
Selyse: I will go after the assassin bug too.
DM: Any of the bugs you target gain a plus two to attack?
Selyse: Yeah. I I will go after assassin bug two. Sorry. Excuse me. That's what I will go after. I'm assuming hell. I'm assuming that hits. I'm also gonna I'm also gonna do Wow. I'm I'm also gonna do dreadful strikes on it since I don't have since I don't have Hunter's Mark on that guy. Although, I could just cast another hunter's mark on him because I always have hunter's mark up and available. But I will do dreadful strikes and then also my damage. So that's the first one and then the second. I think that hits again. Yep. Another 16 damage.
DM: It's looking really, really rough.
Selyse: Lord. Yes. Excellent.
DM: Alright. Peter.
Friar Peteor: I cast guiding bolt as a third level spell on the the bug net right next to me here.
DM: Okay.
Friar Peteor: That would be a twenty twenty nine.
Renauld: Yes. I hate to do this, but don't they get an opportunity attack since you're casting in melee range?
DM: That's a reaction. They can take it if they choose to.
Renauld: Gotcha. 19 points
DM: of damage. I'm assuming that he's are you stepping back out of melee to cast, or are you just gonna cast?
Friar Peteor: I can step back.
DM: Okay. He gets the he gets the opportunity to attack if you step back, not if you cast.
Friar Peteor: Well, which is it?
DM: If you're a melee and you cast in the while you're in melee, creatures can take it. Their condition doesn't allow them to take magical attacks. But if you move away that's why I asked what you wanna do. Cast or move away to cast.
Friar Peteor: I'm going to move away to cast.
Renauld: Then he
Friar Peteor: can do his whatever he
DM: He
Friar Peteor: misses. To do.
DM: Okay. He misses. Alright. These guys are they're not living up to the name of assassin bugs, that's for sure.
Friar Peteor: Major annoyance bugs.
DM: That would be a better descriptor of them right now.
Renauld: Well, mean, they they match the aspart at least.
DM: Yeah. They do match that.
Friar Peteor: And he takes 19 points of radiant damage.
DM: Okay.
Friar Peteor: Don't know if he gets double that up or anything like
DM: that. Nope.
Friar Peteor: Hurts a bit. Then I step back up and blurry a frozen.
DM: Okay.
Friar Peteor: K. Let me gotta keep track of my focus points.
Renauld: Alright.
DM: So much stuff to keep track of.
Friar Peteor: I know. Alright. Here we go. First strike. Taking 11 is not hit. Miss. Oh, but I think probably
DM: Yep.
Friar Peteor: 26 does.
DM: You dance backwards, cast guiding bolt, you step forward. Wait.
Friar Peteor: I had initiative I have I have advantage on that one.
DM: Go ahead and roll the second one again.
Friar Peteor: Should I just take that as my second?
DM: Yeah. The the the 26 hits, so go ahead and roll your second attack with second flurry of blows with advantage.
Friar Peteor: K. Well, let me do the damage off the okay. I'll just do I'll do everything at once. Okay. So here's the second one with advantage. Did it finish out? Well, either way, it's a 26.
DM: Okay.
Friar Peteor: Alright. And here's the damage, the fork force base damage. Oh, max on that one. That's 20. That's 20. 20. Oh, damn it. Wrong wrong wrong wrong roll. And eight on that. So total of 28 points.
DM: Of damage. Yep. And guiding bolt.
Friar Peteor: Guiding bolt. Yep. Plus the guiding bolt damage. Gotcha.
DM: You see this you see it leaking in the milky white blood quite well now.
Friar Peteor: Good. That's what it's supposed to do.
DM: Exactly. Alright. Rowan, you got a you this guy is laughing and pointing at you, kicking his feet. Cannot believe he's he's a avenue to engage you. What would you like to do?
Rowan: What do I I'm just gonna roll a roll d
DM: 20. Roll a d 20 add eight to strike.
Geo: I've got a net 20. I got a 28.
DM: Nicely done.
Geogo: My smoke alarm just went off
Selyse: and beeped.
DM: Alright. So your first strike hits, no problem. You did a critic. You're rolling with advantage on this one, but you don't need to. Brother Peter, what is your What your what is your what is your flurry of what's your strike damage? Oh, sorry.
Friar Peteor: D eight mine's a d eight plus four.
DM: So roll roll two d eight and add 4 to it.
Friar Peteor: Oh, sorry. D8 plus two. D eight plus two. Correction.
DM: Well okay. Well, he gets double because he got critical.
Rowan: Right. 22D8? Yep.
Friar Peteor: 2D 8 plus two.
Rowan: That would be nine.
DM: Nicely done. Nine points of damage. Go ahead and do your next attack. Quack quack.
Rowan: And then two d eight plus two.
Friar Peteor: One d eight plus two. The first one was a was a crit.
DM: Oh, you gotta roll for your next attack. Not damage. You gotta roll to strike Oh,
Rowan: sorry.
Geo: Roll one d 20. I got a one.
DM: Well, p g
Geogo: How is the universe balancing right there? That's so insane.
Friar Peteor: From the sublime to the ridiculous.
DM: Fact that you hit him so hard, you you folded over and the next strike you missed on your stomp.
Geo: Yep. Got his mad. That's all that matters. I want you to know I lined it up deadpool style.
DM: Give it
Friar Peteor: And I
Geo: kicked for the motherfucking fences.
DM: You got you got your two attacks. Give me your flurry of blows attack as well. Your third one.
Friar Peteor: You you curb stomped the first nut so good that you went went to hit it again. It was already gone. So
Geo: Yeah. You're damn right. Fury of blows. One more d 20. I got a 14.
DM: Oh, that misses. Actually, roll again because you get advantage.
Friar Peteor: He could do that three times? That's impressive.
DM: The the his opponent's incapacitated.
Friar Peteor: Oh, sweet.
Geo: I got one.
DM: Well, he's he's incapacitated, but you're not doing so well. Alright.
Rowan: Theo. Here we Zach.
Geogo: Oh, okay.
DM: Hey, Zach.
Geogo: So looking around quickly, Corin is out of the cloud of smoke. How are they looking?
DM: Corn doesn't look Corn doesn't look bad. He's got numerous small blades sticking out of different parts of his armor in him. Looks like this looks like this guy has pulled out a bunch of different darts and was using corn as a mannequin to hold it to hold up dresses. Okay. But he he looks more furious than anything else, and he's he's he's debated if he's turning towards the assassin or towards the bugs now.
Geogo: Okay. And so and Rintari was also covered previously.
DM: Yeah.
Geogo: Rowan has some worms. How is how are they looking?
DM: You can't tell what the worms are doing, but Rowan, That's another 10 points of bug damage as it goes eat eating their way deep into you.
Friar Peteor: No. No. No. No.
DM: 30 zero to 35 points of damage total out of your
Friar Peteor: Holy crap.
Geogo: Oh, shit. Okay. So how is the assassin number three who's right by me who is prone looking?
DM: How he's laughing his ass off and enjoying himself. Doesn't look too bad.
Geogo: Alright. I'm gonna go full on melee despite being a wizard. Gonna go for a quarter staff attack, which I do get advantage. Right?
DM: Well, with advantage, she's incapacitated and he's prone.
Geogo: I got a five and then a two.
DM: His rolling around laughing is just making it very difficult for you to get a solid hit on him.
Friar Peteor: And that legion should
Geogo: be I I actually rolled for damage and not for attack, but it doesn't matter because the dice is the Okay.
Geo: Well, roll for
DM: roll for attack.
Geogo: I'm just like, what the hell? Goddamn it.
DM: Well, you can follow-up with your well, you don't have a second weapon since you use your staff. Actually, you do.
Geogo: I do I do have a second weapon. I'm just embarrassed because I just did a real shit job.
DM: Okay. Alright. Well, back to the top of the order with the bugs.
Selyse: Yep. Just going.
DM: Brother Peter, missed with a two. Hit with a 25.
Friar Peteor: Who's hitting me?
DM: One of the bugs.
Friar Peteor: Oh, there's oh, he has two attacks?
DM: Yeah. Alright. Let's let's see if
Friar Peteor: it let's see if anything can thing gets through.
DM: 25 hit. 25 to hit you.
Friar Peteor: That does that would hit. Let's see if I can deflect it. How much damage would it do?
DM: Five points of damage.
Friar Peteor: Alright. Here comes my d 10 plus eight. I automatically deflect it.
DM: Yep.
Friar Peteor: Alright. So I set let's send that damage over to his other buddy. Two d eight plus two.
DM: Oh, they gotta be Because the
Friar Peteor: d c 19 deck save.
DM: Okay. Oh, well, he got a 21 for deck save.
Friar Peteor: Son of a gun.
DM: Oh, well. I was like, he's gonna fail it, but nope. Apparently not. Alright. I'm
Geogo: looking back and going, I have I have plus seven to hit, but with a one and a three, I was still wouldn't have gotten anything. I'm just like, fuck you, computer.
DM: Renault, twenty seven to hit and a 25 to hit.
Renauld: Those are both hits.
DM: Okay. Two d 10 plus two or four. Excuse me. So 10 points of piercing damage. I need you to give me two constitution saving throws.
Friar Peteor: That's one. That should do it.
DM: That's saved.
Friar Peteor: That was a 17.
Renauld: Good. Can I
Friar Peteor: hero point that? Yeah.
DM: If you'd like to hero point that one, go ahead and hero
Renauld: point Do we have any hero points?
DM: Do you have two? One from last session and one from this session.
Renauld: I'm gonna use one. Okay.
DM: We roll. You can use them one at a time. There you go. You say it a second time.
Geogo: Or I can do I can I can do something too?
DM: That is That's okay. You're you're good. You're not poisoned. Please roll me two d six and divide by two.
Renauld: Two d six and divide by two?
DM: Yep. Just roll me two d six and give me the result. I'll I'll divide it.
Renauld: So six and divide it by two, so three.
DM: Okay. So you got four that'd be four bugs entering you two from each each swing. And that would be an additional 46.
Geogo: I have a question. The as a reaction, after you are a creature you can see within 30 feet, makes an attack roll, ability check or saving throw, you can force the creature to reroll.
Renauld: Oh, ancillary barbs?
Geogo: No. Chrono shift.
Renauld: Okay.
Geogo: You make this decision whether the roll succeeds or fails.
Friar Peteor: They are too far away.
Geogo: 30 feet?
Friar Peteor: They are 35, 30 seven, and 32 feet away.
DM: Yeah. You just set a range. Fuck.
Geogo: Alright.
DM: Close.
Geogo: Goddamn it.
Renauld: So I'm sorry, Garrett. So
DM: So each of so each of its swings, it can release it releases one one to three assassin bugs.
Renauld: Okay. What was the two d six rolls? Was that damage?
DM: No. That's that's nothing. That's to tell me how many bugs it
Renauld: released. Okay.
DM: So it released
Geogo: I was we could have less bugs.
DM: So you eat you got two bugs from each roll. Mhmm.
Friar Peteor: Oh, he gets bugs even if he saves?
DM: Yeah. The the the
Renauld: I'm saved from the poison condition. The bugs apparently are just automatic.
DM: Yeah.
Friar Peteor: Now that's terrifying.
Geogo: I
Renauld: think that's why Gary was so upset because they kept missing.
DM: Yeah. The design of these design of these creatures is to get bugs in you to take you down because they don't hit worth anything. 16 points of damage, piercing. Because their strikes only do a d 10.
Geogo: How about everybody gets out of the way and then we do fireball?
Friar Peteor: How about I
Renauld: just I'll do it for the pot. Just
Rowan: end my suffering.
DM: Alright.
Rowan: Burn it with fire. Let
DM: let's let's do this. We were getting up pretty much close to closing time. The fight is going in your guys' favor without a doubt between the red headed dwarf beating literally pulling the other assassin bug apart like you pull like, some people pull apart bugs. And between Renault, Peter, Akuza, Corrin, Rintari, did you guys clear the battlefield and manage to and we'll hold it there for this game, and we'll we'll kick off with the battlefield being cleared. But we'll still have a couple other complications to clean up before we move on with the story. How does that sound?
Geogo: Top and the bottom, basically? The people by the door and the people who went out the window?
DM: Oh, you got that. You got Theron and
Geogo: Okay.
DM: The people by the door.
Geogo: The blood pressure still continues.
Friar Peteor: Yep. Yeah. I've got I've got greater restoration charged up, so hopefully that would be something that might help.
Geogo: Well, that's that's kinda what I was thinking is if if if we're gonna end it in this particular manner, I also have the ability to use a spell or a potion to a condition.
DM: Yeah. I'm just saying because of our timelines that agreed upon and all that, we can move forward. I'd like to do a little bit more narrative piece of the the talking on the back end and talk about it a little bit more. But we'll hold it here. The battlefield has been cleared. And when we come back, it will be a matter of starting to you guys will basically have nullified the bugs with your spell the infection with the maggots with your spell
Geogo: Okay.
DM: With with your spells. Those that were in jeopardy such as Ronan Rowan, Chevron, as well as Renault are all cured and safe. How's that sound?
Geogo: That works. Yeah.
Friar Peteor: And I can also easily clear the webs off the the servers who were at the door. So
DM: Yeah. They they've just been standing there. You know, they're they're just missing the they're just missing their popcorn going, this would've been entertaining to actually have a popcorn.
Geogo: That's right. That's zombies.
Renauld: I was gonna say, they're just standing there. It's like, oh, not
DM: not my job. Not my job to do anything. I'm good. They're not really
Geogo: I I am just having a super fun time trying to figure out what the hell to do because there's so much that we can do right now that has never been available to us.
Friar Peteor: Absolutely the problem with high level play. I'm sitting here. I'm like
Selyse: I'm like, I don't I don't even know what this does.
Renauld: Yep. Well, that's the problem with, like, starting as a high level player because you you didn't familiarize yourself, you know, step one step at a time. It's just you're just given all of this all at the same time.
Geogo: And so then I'm sitting here going, okay. That that's amazing. I'm like, what? Holy what?
Friar Peteor: Yep.
Geogo: Arcane Abbeyance? The
Geo: fuck is that?
Selyse: Alright, guys. I'm bowing out. Have a good night.
Renauld: Well, thanks. Thanks.
Selyse: Bye.
DM: Alright, guys. Well, I greatly appreciate you guys taking the time out of your busy lives to be part of the story. I hope you guys enjoyed the chaos. Looks like you actually managed to save an NPC that was probably guaranteed to die, which was very good. And we definitely gotta fix Rowan's character.
Rowan: Oh, yeah. Sorry. Sorry.
DM: I did ask you, are you sure that's the way you wanna play your character?
Geo: I thought I had it right. I really
Rowan: did. Okay.
Renauld: Look. He just wanted to play with negative five to all of his everything.
DM: Yeah. No kidding.
Renauld: It's just an extra challenge.
DM: No kidding.
Friar Peteor: So next Who's playing Gollum?
Renauld: They must have precious. Nice.
DM: I hope you guys had fun.
Renauld: Yep. K.