It’s been another big week in US politics with the latest Tuesday primaries (10 March) and Joe Biden cutting a clear and really dominating path to be the Democratic nominee. We’ll look at the latest races and what were some of the interesting takeaways...
It’s been another big week in US politics with the latest Tuesday primaries (10 March) and Joe Biden cutting a clear and really dominating path to be the Democratic nominee.
We’ll look at the latest races and what were some of the interesting takeaways and importantly what they might tell us about Biden’s chances against Trump should he go forward to clinch the nomination.
We come back to ‘electability’ - we’ve looked at this in previous episodes, but always as a side discussion. We bring that front and centre and talk about what the US media missed about Joe Biden’s electability and how they were seemingly sidelined by his ‘comeback’ over the last 11 days or so.
And then we round out our discussion by braving a few predictions.
Referred to during the podcast:
- Ezra Klein ‘What the media missed about Joe Biden’s electability’: https://www.vox.com/2020/3/9/21169367/joe-biden-electability-democratic-primary-bernie-sanders-donald-trump
- John Harbord: https://www.linkedin.com/in/john-harbord-3a145b7/
For comments and feedback:
- Email: email@example.com
- Facebook: facebook.com/nzuscouncil
- Twitter: twitter.com/nzuscouncil
- Website: nzuscouncil.org
Links to clips used during the podcast:
Credits – opening and closing music:
- Happy Boy Theme Kevin MacLeod (incompetech.com)
- Licensed under Creative Commons: By Attribution 3.0 License
About the NZUS Council
Established in 2001, we are a non-partisan, non-government organisation focused on advancing New Zealand’s interests in a strong bilateral relationship with the US.
What is The Friday Download?
A weekly celebration of democracy, creativity, innovation, technology, business, and trade